Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: XCOM 2!

Default Re: XCOM 2!

Too bad I already have the entire trilogy.

I recall those games being pretty poor, especially the first.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

I really hope there will be proper accents or languages for all nationalities your soldier can be.

It's weird to have asians from asian countries speaking with an american accent.

Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    I recall those games being pretty poor, especially the first.
    UFO Afterlight, fully patched, is a solid game at least. Better than XCOM in many ways - unique & multi-class characters, full weapon customization, much more detailed inventory management, varied enviroment types, multiple factions with basic diplomacy, and a lot more mission types. You can also have psychic aliens fighting on your side.

IronBrig4's Avatar Good Matey

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    I really hope there will be proper accents or languages for all nationalities your soldier can be.

It's weird to have asians from asian countries speaking with an american accent.
    Yes, there will be many accents. I'm not sure about languages, but they'll probably be in there if they were implemented in Enemy Within.

http://www.pcgamer.com/xcom-2-will-o...customisation/

Under the patronage of Cpl_Hicks

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

It would be nice if the customization also includes picking the classs. I dont need 5 snipers when I only have one assault

IronBrig4's Avatar Good Matey

From what I saw in the demo, you can choose which class to train your rookies in.

Under the patronage of Cpl_Hicks

Should be good yes. Another nice little RP thing to have since you could assign them the class that fits their behaviour in the first mission.

Like making them a sniper if they managed a kill from a long distance, a heavy when they used a grenade, an assault when they risked their life getting up close and personal to take an alien out, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by IronBrig4 View Post
    From what I saw in the demo, you can choose which class to train your rookies in.
    Ah nice. Now only a fair difficulty option between normal and classic and I've got my game of the year.

Cause currently normal is shackled AI and bonusses for you, and classic unshackled AI with bonusses for them. Just a normal AI without bonusses on either side is what the game needs

It does seem to be a too big increase in difficulty yes.

For me its fixed by using skeleton armors though, they look better than the bulkier armors and dont have the neck protection of titan armor and the other high end armors that make it look weird without a helmet.
    Means they are more vurnerable so the chance of death remains on normal difficulty.

I seriously hope that we will get good customisation of late game weapons and armor. Personly I actually prefered the look of earlier armor and the standard guns with bullets over the lasers, plasma and titan armors.

Like being able to hide armor under clothes and such which would fit with the guerilla warfare. Would also be cool if weapons with bullets could be upgraded or get a more potent version later on.
    And for plasma and laser weapons it would be cool if we could change the color of the beams and plasma.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Yeah, one of my main complaints about nu-Xcom is that there's basically one ideal tech path. You get laser guns, give everyone laser guns, get plasma guns, give everyoen plasma guns. It seems they've taken that complaint on board though, from what I remember seeing in the interviews and gameplay stuff the tech tree will be randomised to a degree, so hopefully you can get on-par early looking tech, instead of being forced to to laser and plasma.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Watched some of the Angry Joe gameplay, the game looks gorgeous!

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

There's also 60 minutes of gameplay from Eurogamer, which is quite interesting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwHPhQXavPA

I saw quill18's videos. It looks really slick. Although there were the wierd angle cutscenes, and werent they introducing a LoS indicator? Because he moved into a spot you would say he had vision, but the game said nope.

system specs: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xco.../1100-6433017/

Nothing too heavy, but I am amazed at the 45GB

Okay, so what I have seen the plot for this is instead of winning XCOM: EU, it takes an alternate path like you lost the campaign? (No, I haven't been following it too closely, just decided to finally play completely through XCOM: EW completely since I've been putting it off for a long time, and building interest for this )
    Last edited by SturmChurro; December 19, 2015 at 01:55 PM.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Pretty much yeah, it's based on a campaign of Enemy Unknown that was lost, and now XCOM is a guerilla organisation, fighting the Alien-ruled world.

I really like the art style for this compared to the last one, seems more gritty, and I really like the weapon designs. EU was really Saturday morning cartoon, and yeah, I guess the original(s) were pretty cartoony too, but I am liking this anyway. I never really liked the enormous body proportions on males and weapons that looked ridiculous on female troops.

Same here, I tend to keep my troops in skeleton armor because its not so bulky and keeps them killable in normal difficulty since classic is too frustratingly hard for me.

Just hoping we will be able to use guns with bullets in the late game too instead of plasma weapons. I'd rather be a gritty resistance group who fights the aliens not with alien weaponry, but with human weapons.

I do hope the campaign become less linear. The first months are obviously the most exciting ones, but once you have gone through the base assault/base defense, its a bit grindy/repetitive to get enough meld to prepare for the final assault. Same with Exalt, not enough mission variation. But random levels should at least deal with that partly.
    Last edited by eXistenZ; December 20, 2015 at 07:08 AM.

Might be nice if there's multible endings depending on your ethics.

Like, if you modify your soldiers with genetics, robotics and all that that it corrupts humanity, that you pretty much become as bad as the aliens.

Might also be neat if during some key missions you'd have two ways to handle it.

Like for example blowing up a robotics factory with a bomb. You could put it on a timer which would allow all your soldiers to escape but with heavy resistance as robots could keep spawning out of the factory, or one of your soldiers could sacrifice themselves to blow it up without a timer and thus giving the others a clean break to get out of there, save for any other enemies that might be there outside of the blast zone. But no new ones would spawn.

Or when picking up a politician someone could ask you to make sure he does not make it out alive. If he dies you get a nice amount of money, but it could increase panic in the nation he is from.