Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Casterly Rock, Seat of House Lannister

Default Casterly Rock, Seat of House Lannister

House Lannister

annister is an old and powerful house, descended from Lann the Clever by through the female line, they are the past King's of the Rock and the current Lord Paramount's of the Westerlands. Known for their fabulous wealth and their impenetrable and awe inspiring seat of Casterly Rock they are one of the eight houses that dominate the Seven Kingdoms and well aware of this. Their words are "Hear Me Roar!" but Lord and smallfolk alike know that their chosen words are truer, "A Lannister Pays His Debts."

Casterly Rock

"All the gold in Casterly Rock...”: A famously rich region, the vaults of Casterly Rock are said to be filled with more gold than those of any other city or castle in Westeros. All characters start with an additional 50,000 Gold Dragons.
    Talent for Coin: It is one thing to amass a fortune, and another to expand it. The Lannisters have done just that for centuries and the Lord of House Lannister get +10% income per year.

Ancient Fortress: The Rock was built in or before the Age of Heroes, making it at least 8,000 years old, possibly older. It is carved into a great stone hill, giving it excellent natural defenses, which are added to by thick walls and towers. Casterly Rock has never been taken in recorded history. It is the second largest castle behind Harrenhal. +3 to defense rolls and can garrison an additional 200% of its levy. If the fortress does not have at least 1,000 men protecting it, -1 to siege rolls.

The Bowels of the Rock: The rocks prisons are renowned as the foulest and darkest prisons in the world, worse than the black cells. -3 to escape rolls when captured in the rock.

The Harbor of the Rock: An unusual site, the Rock even has a harbor carved into the mountains complete with wharves and dockyards for trading ships. Not big enough to hold it's own fleet but surely large enough to allow trade directly to the Lannister fortress. +5% income bonus.

Casterly Rock is a fortress that is actually a colossal rock beside the Sunset Sea. Some say that the Rock looks like a lion in repose when the sun sets. The base of the Rock has great sea-carved caverns. Hundreds of mineshafts penetrate the lower parts of the Rock, where many veins of red and yellow gold gleam untouched in the stone (even after millennia of mining). The Rock itself has been measured at three times the height of the Wall or the Hightower of Oldtown (so around 2,100 feet tall). The Rock is almost two leagues long from west to east, and riddled throughout with tunnels, dungeons, storerooms, barracks, halls, stables, stairways, courtyards, balconies, and gardens. The Rock even has a godswood with queer, twisted weirwood with tangled roots. The Rock also has a port inside it, complete with docks, wharves, and shipyards; the sea has carved great caves into its western face, natural gates deep and wide enough for cogs to enter. The Lion's Mouth is the huge natural cavern that forms the main entrance to the Rock. It arches 200 feet high from floor to ceiling. Over the centuries it has been widened and improved upon. Now, twenty horsemen can ride abreast up its broad steps. [1]

Lord Jason Lannister 94 AC (36)
    3 Battle
    3 Wealth
    2 Duel
    1 Charisma

Johanna Lannister nee Westerling 95 AC (35)
    3 Charisma
    3 Wealth
    3 Battle

Their children:
    Tyrek Lannister 123 AC (7)

Tyren Lannister 125 AC (5)

Merlara Lannister 128 AC (2)

Treasury: 148,000 Dragons
    Income: 98,000 Dragons a Year

Garrison:
    200 Heavy Infantry
    500 Light Infantry
    200 Polearm Infantry
    300 Archers

Army:

150 Retainers
    750 Heavy Infantry
    1,875 Light Infantry
    1,000 Polearm Infantry
    1,125 Archers
    750 Light Cavalry
    250 Heavy Cavalry

Last edited by Mortis Nuntius; June 01, 2015 at 09:28 AM.

Default Re: Casterly Rock, Seat of House Lannister

The raven sent to Stonehelm returns with a reply from Lord Swann, agreeing to begin trade with Casterly Rock.

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

A letter arrives in return from Winterfell. It states that the Lannister is welcome to come north for his audience, but it is quite the long journey.

The Mad Skylord's Avatar Tribunus

Barriston Crakehall arrives at Casterly Rock. He is followed by his 100 strong retinue of knights, each dressed in fine armour. The banners of his vassals and his own banner flies above the column of horses. He is here to speak to Lord Lannister.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylord_Conor21 View Post
    Barriston Crakehall arrives at Casterly Rock. He is followed by his 100 strong retinue of knights, each dressed in fine armour. The banners of his vassals and his own banner flies above the column of horses. He is here to speak to Lord Lannister.
    He is greeted instead by Lady Johanna Lannister, a beauty by any standard with her long Chestnut hair and eyes of Hazel.

"My Lord. I beg your pardons but my Lord Husband is away, in the North. In his absence he has tasked me with keeping our House's affairs in order. I do hope that is no great disappointment for you." She said with a sympathetic smile.

Crakehall shook his head.

"No, it should be fine. Firstly, i wanted to request a trade route between Crakehall and the Rock. I also wished to inquire aboutmLord Lannister's opinion of the current situation between the Blacks and the Greens."

Quote Originally Posted by Skylord_Conor21 View Post
    Crakehall shook his head.

"No, it should be fine. Firstly, i wanted to request a trade route between Crakehall and the Rock. I also wished to inquire aboutmLord Lannister's opinion of the current situation between the Blacks and the Greens."
    "Whilst I would need to spend some time and thought on the details I believe I can tell you now that trade between our houses would be most welcome. As for the Blacks and Greens, the sympathies of my Lord Husband are well known. He is a stalwart support of Prince Aegon's right to the throne."

Crakehall nodded. He couldn't discuss the details of war with Lady Lannister. He would have to end it there, for now.

"Thank you, my Lady. I appreciate the fact you have used your own time to talk to me, a rather insignificant house so far as Westeros goes."

With that, Barriston leaves.

A merchant with keen green eyes arrives at Casterly Rock to speak on finances. He is dressed well, donning a dark brown vest over his deep green cloak. His emerald green eyes similar to the Lannisters without flecks were ever bright, looking forward to a meeting of which he had prepared for intensely. He had an elegant golden ring with an onyx stone in the middle. It was simple but elegant at the same time. Gabryel had gained some slight merit as a transporter of goods with great prices but it was a sliver of what he aspired to. Now he needed to grow, and he would need a financier to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus Almighty View Post
    A merchant with keen green eyes arrives at Casterly Rock to speak on finances. He is dressed well, donning a dark brown vest over his deep green cloak. His emerald green eyes similar to the Lannisters without flecks were ever bright, looking forward to a meeting of which he had prepared for intensely. He had an elegant golden ring with an onyx stone in the middle. It was simple but elegant at the same time. Gabryel had gained some slight merit as a transporter of goods with great prices but it was a sliver of what he aspired to. Now he needed to grow, and he would need a financier to do so.
    With the absence of the Lannister twins it fell to Lady Johanna to receive the great merchant. She in a great irony looked very little like a Lannister in colouring with hazel eyes and hair of chestnut but her form was suitable enough, breasts firm and large, hips wide and shapely all held together by smooth and perfect skin and long elegant limbs cloaked in a fine gold-white dress that shone with tiny pearls. Four lords and a dozen heirs had named her their Queen before Lord Jason made her his Lady.
    Last edited by Mortis Nuntius; June 16, 2015 at 11:04 AM.

Gabryel had not expected the beauty that say before him. His mind raced with sultry thoughts before he quelled the primitive thoughts and proceeded to business My Lady, I am Gabryel the merchant. Gabryel Green-Eyes some call me. It is a pleasure to meet your aquaintance. I come with possibility and potential. Seeking a benefactor. I do not know if House Lannister would consider investing, but I have a proposal if you would hear it.
    His tone was formal but his eyes flickered with the betrayal of his inner thoughts

Johanna noticed and gifted him a dazzling smile. "The pleasure is mine Gabryel Green Eyes and I would dearly love to hear what you have to say, please would you sit?" She asked turning to indicate a seat and subtly giving him a profile view.

Steel yourself Gabryel, you came for business. He thought rationally, but as he took his seat he struggled preventing himself from becoming another type of "steel". He did not let the struggle be seen on his face though his eyes occasionally told the tale. He moved his straight black hair to the side and smiled, It would be my pleasure to do most of which you might ask of me. ​He could not help but say.
    Once Gabryel sat he tried to look into the lady's eyes and nowhere else, he needed to perform admirably and he could not afford to fail. War makes business difficult and yet it makes business profitable if one can manage it well. My father was killed when the war started and I had to start from scratch. I do not mind starting fresh, "the makings of a self made man" is what my father used to see in me and I intend to live up to the charge. However, I realize that to get where I want, I could use a benefactor. I need a slight infusion of funds so that I can lift my venture into not only a marketable force, but one that may be of use to my benefactor one day. I know Lannisters pay their debts, and that is a notion I wish to adopt myself. With interest of course. It also seems to me, that an honorable house could potentially make use of a third party appendage, so to speak. An arm to help carry weight without being seen. I know I am not in position to offer such things right away. When I am in the right position financially however, I believe I could offer a good amount of favors for the patronage.

She cocked her head curiously. "Whilst I am sure your word is good and that we could surely aid you with funds I must ask for some clarification good merchant. What pray tell would our funds be going towards?"

Gabryel's eyes shifted as her head turned, watching her lips move and the serenade that was her voice that followed stirred him. He grinned as he began his reply, I am a Caravan Merchant my lady. I help in the transport and distribution of goods around the Kingdom. Smithies need steel to craft, clothiers linen, and houses of pleasure....talent. I bring products here and there safely and in one piece. Every vendor needs a source unless they are the source. Your money would go toward the growth of that network and allow me to grow with it. I assure you that my routes and partnerships are lucrative as they are, but they are few. I have the eye for potential, and do not forget friends old and new.
    Gabryel sat back in his seat slightly, having calmed from the Lady upon first arrival. His emerald green eyes stared intently at the lady, awaiting her answer.

"Would ten thousand Dragons suffice?"

Ten thousand Dragons?

Ten thousand Dragons would be generous my Lady, and I would be glad to accept. The next stage in my ventures growth will require a slightly larger endorsement. Twenty thousand more actually. Steep price I can see that from the outside. But you need money to make money. If ten Thousand Dragons is what House Lannister is willing to do then I would be honored to accept it.

"Ten thousand with more to come once you have proved as I have no ghost of a doubt you will that your claims are true." Johanna allowed whilst also allowing him a glimpse of her bosom.

Very well, that is more than fair my Lady. Now, you have been more than generous to me this day. Is there anything I can do for you? Gabryel asked keenly. His eyes attempted not to move toward her bosom as he asked.

"Do for me? Hmm what could you do for me?" She purred absent mindedly. "What news of the Mander?" She asked deigning to look at him.

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast