Thread: Single / Multiplayer Campaign Mod

Default Single / Multiplayer Campaign Mod

If you have ever played Lords of the Realm II multiplayer you'll know exactly what i'm talking about.

Smaller (possibly even fictional) maps with a small number of territories (2-12) or so, arranged closely together would make for some sweet multiplayer action.

Would it be possible to build such a mod? The campaign map can be turn-based and time-limited. I am not sure how battles with 3 or more players would play out, if the remaining player would be an observer -- or if he could continue browsing his campaign map micromanaging while the fight ensues. Battles would also have to be time limited to ensure the 3rd player didn't wait forever.

But i think if you could capture the overall strategic element of M2 and add in the battle layer as well -- it would make for an amazing game. Standing ground inside your fort with a small amount of men in order to save your land would be quite thrilling.

Imagine having an ally send reinforcements to your besieged fort -- just in time to help even the odds a bit.

Default Re: Single / Multiplayer Campaign Mod

LotR2 was a great game, liked the multiplayer a lot. I hope indeed that someone could/is willing to mod it

Default Re: Single / Multiplayer Campaign Mod

Lotr2 is laggy at multiplayer, even tho i have 4mb broadband...