Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roman Britain Mod

Stuie's Avatar Laudir Agus Mir

Default Roman Britain Mod

Link to Steam Workshop page for Roman Britain mod

My failure to find a Roman Britain mod lead me to create my own. This mod provides the opportunity to play as Roman Britain, complete with Chapters, Victory conditions, and a unique family tree that draws from history but starts to delve into the legends of fifth century Roman Britain.

In the period leading up to 410 AD, the Empire slowly drew down its forces in Britain in order to deal with threats closer to Rome, eventually leaving the people of Roman Britain to look to their own defenses. You are left with a single legion and the autonomy to guide Roman Britain to a new future. Will you adhere to the ways of Rome and the Catholic Church, or will you shed those Roman trappings and turn to the old gods of Britain? Threats loom from every direction, and now it is up to you to deal with them.

Thus begins your struggle as Roman Britain...

Comments/feedback welcome.

NOTE: This mod will not work with other startpos.esf mods including additional faction mods and TPY mods.

This mod relies on content from the Total War: ATTILA – Celts Culture Pack DLC. A version that does not require DLC can be found here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=456334404

Updates:

v0.6 Release - rebaselined the entire mod
    1. Rebuilt Roman Britain without using WRE (or any other faction) as the base.
    2. Implemented Celtic Unit options from prior versions (available through Celtic Religious buildings with requisite techs)
    3. Implemented faction specific Chapters missions.
    4. Reduced Celtic temple food upkeep by 25%, and bumped up public order bonus slightly.
    5. Slightly reduced cost of Celtic units available to Roman Britain.
    6. All factions implemented by CA are now available to the player, including those from later DLCs.

The majority of the work for this release has been focused on making the faction work independent of using the WRE as the base. Not a lot of new features other than those outlined above.

**NOTE that this release will break save games from prior releases of the mod.**

Link to Steam Workshop page for Roman Britain mod

Obligatory picture:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails faction_selection.png  

Default Re: [Beta Release] Roman Britain

very cool. This mod should be incorporated into the other big overhauls. The starting date of 395 is for all intents and purposes good enough to represent the roman withdrawal from britain, so it would be good to see a separate faction controlling it. Much like the Concillium Britanniae faction from Invasio Barbarorum II
    ♠ We Few, We happy few, We Band of Brothers
    For He who sheds His blood with me shall be my Brother ♠

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &
    Sony HTCT260H, Keyboard: Logitech G510 & K400r, Mouse: Logitech Anywhere Mouse

Good to see another Britian faction mod. Working on one myself. XD

Quote Originally Posted by ♠ Thomas Cochrane ♠ View Post
    very cool. This mod should be incorporated into the other big overhauls. The starting date of 395 is for all intents and purposes good enough to represent the roman withdrawal from britain, so it would be good to see a separate faction controlling it. Much like the Concillium Britanniae faction from Invasio Barbarorum II
    See that's the thing and I suspect its a problem with OP as well... Cause right now its replacing the WRE(so you cant choose to play as the WRE with this mod on.)

I've seen other "faction" mods have separate entries though. Have not managed to figure out how to do that.

Updated to Beta v0.3 which has all the basic features implemented. Still need to add recruitable Celtic units and overhaul the victory conditions/missions.

There's also a TWC download available now for those who cannot/will not use the launcher CA provides.

cant you just make Britannia playable? I can imagine this would be an incredibly easy campaign to play, unless you make the Saxons bigger and badder. Perhaps make them (+Angles +Jutes) at war with Roman Britain, but not WRE, so they concentrate more on taking you down.

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &

I like the sound of Thomas' idea. Would be a v. challenging start to be at war with the some of the celts, saxons, jutes, danes, angles etc.

Think it would also go some way to preserving the WRE, as its often many of these factions that seem to cause the most damage to the WRE in the long run.

"Rem tene; verba sequentur." - Grasp the subject, the words will follow.

Great idea, thanks for the mod.

Updated with recruitable Celtic units for Roman Britain and made WRE playable. Celtic units require the Celts DLC; a non-DLC version is also available.

Can I ask why you've made a separate faction as the WRE now, and not have the Britons as that separate faction? This screws with a lot of other mods. Also, why am I at war with WRE?
    Last edited by ♠ Thomas Cochrane ♠; June 12, 2015 at 08:29 PM.

CPU

Thank you for this awesome mod. Could you make a 12 turns per year version?

Updated to work with Suebi patch.

Quote Originally Posted by dcminh1905 View Post
    Thank you for this awesome mod. Could you make a 12 turns per year version?
    I've had several requests for this... if/when I have extra time I will look into it. I don't see this as an easy implementation though; I would want to balance things so that the turn structure made sense with build times etc.

Stuie !
    Nice mod! I playing with, and +my other campaign mod.
    but i want to know :
    1 Britain now > WRE right?
    2.What faction u use for WRE ? separatists?
    3.What faction is the rebell/separatist Britain?
    I want reworked the rebells britain, i want they chose to celtic faction not roman.

and another:
    the celt faction in britain dont build anything, dont build army. only had the starting force. and NO GARRISONS in town !!
    Last edited by Hunor; July 07, 2015 at 03:59 AM.

hello i have latest attila patch 1.3 Build 6617.700319 (modded) with all DLCs and Mod manager 2.0
    the Radious Blood Mod works and shows up but sadly this one doesnt show up anymore
    when I run attila it gets stuck @ 13 % CPU and does nothing delete this mod it starts up

on 1.3 this mod dosen't seem to work

Quote Originally Posted by nastynacho View Post
    hello i have latest attila patch 1.3 Build 6617.700319 (modded) with all DLCs and Mod manager 2.0
    the Radious Blood Mod works and shows up but sadly this one doesnt show up anymore
    when I run attila it gets stuck @ 13 % CPU and does nothing delete this mod it starts up
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelDemonGD View Post
    on 1.3 this mod dosen't seem to work
    I just loaded it up with no issue. Are you using the Workshop version or the direct download? They should be the same, but I'll double check the direct download version as well.

Direct download

Quote Originally Posted by AngelDemonGD View Post
    Direct download
    I'm not having any issues with the direct download versions either. Please be certain you have any other mods that use startpos.esf disabled (faction mods, turns-per-year mods, etc.).

Laetus

Direct download seems to be outdated

How do you install the direct download non dlc version of this mod?

Is this compatible with Radious-TW mod? If not, can it be please? Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast