Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Video Editing course! (Discussion thread)

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Welcome to the Video Editing course! (Discussion thread)

Weclome to the Making Videos with Windows Live Movie Maker course! This course aims to give you the basic introduction to the program as well as video editing in general.

If you have any questions about the course in general, or anything that doesn't relate specifically to a lesson, you may post it here.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Default Re: Welcome to the Video Editing course! (Discussion thread)

Well, after going through the first lesson, I decided to try and make my first video.

I also had an idea about what it should be about. We are having a bit of a problem in the recently released MOS 1.70 with units getting caught in an endless loop during end turn. This is probably caused by a bug in the map at some river crossings, one in particular giving much trouble. We lack a mapper in the team, so it might be a while until this gets solved. Luckily there is a workaround that usually will solve the problem, but it requires using the medieval shell.
    As it happens I recently encountered the bug myself and I captured the way I solved the problem. After that I imported the captured video into Windows Live Movie Maker and got busy. The result was this:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

This also made me create a channel on YouTube, which will probably come in handy later on.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

lol daddy, nice video for a first try

this makes me wonder, would it be useful to make a youtube account Hader? I don't look forward particularly to do it, but if it will be easier for all of us to use it to upload videos, let us know
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.

Blog Entries

Looks good, you got a little experience looking at the transitions and animation options WLMM has at least.

Later lessons will have us looking more at those, though you will have noticed they are fairly limited. Text is another thing too, and font packs will work in WLMM as well, so another thing to remember if you want more unique fonts for your video texts. More to come on that later though.

A Youtube account/channel would probably be the easiest way for you to upload and show your final video assignment, unless you want to directly send the file to me (which would be a fairly big video file and take some time). So yes I would recommend a youtube channel for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hader View Post
    Looks good, you got a little experience looking at the transitions and animation options WLMM has at least.

Later lessons will have us looking more at those, though you will have noticed they are fairly limited. Text is another thing too, and font packs will work in WLMM as well, so another thing to remember if you want more unique fonts for your video texts. More to come on that later though.

A Youtube account/channel would probably be the easiest way for you to upload and show your final video assignment, unless you want to directly send the file to me (which would be a fairly big video file and take some time). So yes I would recommend a youtube channel for this.
    Sounds good.

It was my first time ever using this software. I just tried some things that I needed. In fact I lost some of my work when trying to cut some footage. That did not go as I expected, but I suspect it will become clear later.

Blog Entries

ok neat, going to make an account asap then

Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

That's an interesting way to explain how to fix some issues. I have to remember it

And for a 1st try, it's good.

Instead a Youtube account/channel, would Flickr be ok?
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; June 04, 2015 at 03:43 AM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

Never used Flickr so I have no idea. If it uploads videos fine then it should work.

Blog Entries

Yes it does. So far I've only used it for pics because it keeps the high quality of them. I looks that it's the same for videos. However, I'll make a try before to use it for this course.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

Lesson 2 is going up soon. I just have to redo the pictures for it and lesson 1. Hosted them on my imgur but I don't want them to eventually be invisible because of their public picture limit so I may make a second account for all pics for this course. Or maybe I will be nice and buy their premium or whatever.

Why not in an album on TWC?

Blog Entries

I find imgur easier. It may speed up load times if on TWC, but I'm not completely sure, and even so the images are just basic screencaps so shouldn't pose much of a problem either way.

Actually appears that imgur no longer has restrictions it once had, guess they're a big enough company now to not need that. So new account not needed, just better organization of my albums

Blog Entries

I apologize in advance for my silly question but how do you post your video on TWC from Youtube? Each time I try, even by using the "Insert video" function, it doesn't appear in my post.
    Many thanks in advance.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    I apologize in advance for my silly question but how do you post your video on TWC from Youtube? Each time I try, even by using the "Insert video" function, it doesn't appear in my post.
    Many thanks in advance.
    just check here and you should be ok

Blog Entries

Many thanks Flinn. I manage to get it work.

That would have been a shame to have everything ready for this course and not being able to post the videos

Does anybody know what is permitted and what is not when using images, video and audio for your own video and putting that video on Youtube? A useful link perhaps?

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Blog Entries

In addition, note that when you post something on your Youtube channel, the site may tells you that some contents are under copyrights or similar thing. Then it will propose different solutions to make it within the rules.
    That's what happened the 1st time I posted a video to show the new animations I'm implementing for my mod. The soundtrack has copyright but because I accepted the adds, everything is fine.

Thank you both.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    In addition, note that when you post something on your Youtube channel, the site may tells you that some contents are under copyrights or similar thing. Then it will propose different solutions to make it within the rules.
    That's what happened the 1st time I posted a video to show the new animations I'm implementing for my mod. The soundtrack has copyright but because I accepted the adds, everything is fine.
    That is interesting, so by accepting adds, it seems Youtube handles the copyright then.

Edit: I used Aik's link to read up on Youtube and copyright and discovered they have their own audio libraries to choose from. Enabling adds gives you a bigger choice but does not mean you are free to use everything.
    Last edited by Veteraan; June 11, 2015 at 05:16 AM.

Blog Entries

I guess that it depends on the owner. But it seems that in some cases, it's possible.In my case, I made a quick video to show the new axe animations. Nothing special: no effects, no camera moves. I just added a credit page and a soundtrack. The soundtrack is the song Adrenalin from Senser. When I posted it on Youtube, I received a message to tell me that the song had copyrights but the owner accept the use of it if I accept adds on my video.

However, I'm not sure it works the same way for video contents. I haven't tried it yet.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; June 11, 2015 at 05:22 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast