Thread: Solution to GEMFX: R2TW not working/Crash/Shader 3

Default Solution to GEMFX: R2TW not working/Crash/Shader 3

So I gotten GEMFX to work for quite a while now on Rome 2 TW.
    This is using the latest V1.0.8.1 w/hot fix.

First off:
    -Follow the GEMFX instruction very carefully:
    -Remember to Subscribe to the GEM file in Steam workshop AND UPDATE THE FILE BY RUNNING ROME 2 LAUNCHER.
    -Also remember to download the hot-fix and override the dxgi.dll.

Final step in case of crash:
    -On the GEMFX_Configurator make sure By_Pass_U.I is check if your using some kinda overlay (Steam overlay)
    -If you cannot get higher than Shader 3 then you must MANUALLY re-install the VCRedists and runtimes.
    -When you download it, DOWNLOAD BOTH x64 and x86 version and re-install BOTH of them!

You should be fine after that. Once running R2TW you should notice a dirt effect by default setting.

Hope this work for some of you!

Default Re: Solution to GEMFX: R2TW not working/Crash/Shader 3

Thanks a lot!! GEM is working again on my Rome 2, with shader 4 enabled!!!

Although I didn't manage to install the x64 version because my system couldn't handle it somehow, the x86 version is installed. Even though my system panel says I have a 32 bit system, it does work now, and I'm able to play on shader 4 as I used to (before some disastrous update made me quit Rome 2 for six months :p). I don't understand why exactly the one version did install and the other didn't, and why only one version did the trick… But after months of revisiting the GEM forum to look for a solution (and yes, I tried some of the VCRedist suggestions in other threads, but they were so many I never got to try them all I guess), I'm just glad this one finally fixed my game

Awesome. It's been repeated a few times in some of the thread but I thought this will save some people the trouble.

I also notice if none of the above works. You might just have to play with some of the checkbox in the GEM setting. (64 bit, compatibility, overlay) etc.

To be 100% sure, turn off any overlay (fraps, steam, evga, etc)

Hi mate can I have the link to hotfix file for dxgi.dll.
    I can't seem to find it. Thx