Thread: The TWC Colossus, Project

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Default The TWC Colossus, Project

The living, breathing entity that is TWC. It's history is rich, in depth, and many times, just downright facinating. With the recent opening of the member blog section, interest in learning about TWC's history is stirring it's head and now's the time to begin encapsulating the chronicles of TWC.

To keep things simple at the start I'd say let's work on ....

1. Create/post stories, quibs, and anedote's about your experiances here and different takes on the many areas of the site.

2. Create a working skeleton and timeline to pin the stories to. Folks will read the stories then add their own collection of recollections to the mix.

This is a vast undertaking to say the least, but then all thousand miles journeys start with your 1st step. Right then,have at it......

Yes yes, mode music is definitely needed. A labor of Love... "Come with Me to the other side."

Potential Catagories:

Goups/ Clubs:
    The Rise and Fall of the CdeC.
    - The acceptance and integration of role play as a contribution towards citizenship.
    - the appearence of testimonials in applications
    TWC University
    The Tribunal
    The Moderation Brach: Going from "Green & Crimson" to "Bold & Blue"
    -Moderation Mentors
    -The story behind the Praetorium, Games Praetorium
    The Fiery Orange Red Demons: The Hexagon Council, it's lineage and functionality.
    The Three Emperors: Ian/Garbarsardar/GED. The philosophy behind, and the creation of TWC as we know it today.
    The site's Carrot-Stick approach rewarding members contributions with citizenship and the further encouragemnet for site envolvement. Site staff recruitment from Local Mods all the way up to Hex appoinments.
    - The Decision to remove citizenship as a prerequisite to joining the Moderation Branch.

Originally Posted by Jom
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    The creation of and story behind....
    *Gamming Staff*
    *Vault Staff*
    Site Security: Monitoring satilite sites, and what's involved in keeping the site safe.
    The Basement: What really goes on down there?
    The TWC Membership at large: A secular melting pot. The pluses and Problems that stem from bridging the Language/Cultural Communication Gap. Espeacialy{for example}in relation to the site's modding community.
    Once Hex, always Hex: The tale of "Habitual Hexers."
    The Great Houses of TWC
    The Curial Houses of TWC
    The Great Shambala/Duffer Affair
    The Grey Wars & the Rise of the Silver Auxilia".
    TWC Graphic Artists
    -Forum Skins
    The H.E.L.P Project

Reference points & Assets:

Would anyone care to give a brief history of this website?

TWC Archaeologist's Guild
    Last edited by Mega Tortas de Bodemloze; June 13, 2015 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Adding yada yada yada, blah blah blah
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

GrnEyedDvl's Avatar Liberalism is a Socially Transmitted Disease
    Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Default Re: TWC,the growing Colossus, a living history

OK this is actually a good idea and I have no doubt there are a few behind the scenes stories that nobody really knows the details about except a few people. I have a few myself. I will have to find some time to post about them.

m_1512's Avatar Quomodo vales?
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Mega, a great idea, but you forgot the invisible elephant - the citizen houses and their impact on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by m_1512 View Post
    Mega, a great idea, but you forgot the invisible elephant - the citizen houses and their impact on the site.
    .......And Boy how that will Really get the pot stirring...

Quote Originally Posted by Noif de Bodemloze View Post
    For De Bodemloze!!!
    -The Great Houses of TWC
    -The Curial Houses of TWC

..........................+Rep for Mister M.
    Last edited by Mega Tortas de Bodemloze; June 01, 2015 at 05:21 AM.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: TWC the growing Colossus, a living history

What about some funny moments especially a user who came, make a scene and then gets permabanned.

TWC is not great just because of these great citizens all the time but once in a while there'll come a character who provide comic relief, even for a short period and made everyone's day (except maybe the Moderators) brighter.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I want to know the history behind that one dude who keeps making accounts and keeps trying to become a citizen. (And actually succeeding that one time)

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

^He didn't, he only made it to the application phase, but no further.

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

I guess there are many stories to tell.
    And I am a friend of stories, especially good ones

That is really a great idea!!

Especially for "younger" members like me
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

Leonidas The Lion's Avatar Until we win! Or die.
    Content Emeritus

The Patricians

Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Check out my YouTube Channel here
    Under The Patronage Of jimkatalanos
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

Don't we have a living history forum specifically for this?

Yeah but the whole 'living' part is just a bad joke. If one part of the world really did witness Fukuyama's 'End of History' it's this forum, lol.

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

Originally Posted by LestaT
    What about some funny moments especially a user who came, make a scene and then gets permabanned.

TWC is not great just because of these great citizens all the time but once in a while there'll come a character who provide comic relief, even for a short period and made everyone's day (except maybe the Moderators) brighter.
    Those would be great to..... Folks could tell their tale and/or post a link, then we could pin it on the board Using time period or subject .

Originally Posted by Ciciro
    I want to know the history behind that one dude who keeps making accounts and keeps trying to become a citizen. (And actually succeeding that one time)
    Here's a couple pieces to that puzzle. If this is the one you were talking about...

(0-11-1) Poll: [Citizen] Joseph Simonyi de Vitézvár (Patron: General Brewster)

Jo Simonyi

Quote Originally Posted by Neadal View Post
    I guess there are many stories to tell.
    And I am a friend of stories, especially good ones

That is really a great idea!!

Especially for "younger" members like me
    Yes, there are many many stories to tell. And the good thing is that most folks will have a slightly different take on the same event. Once we get this plac eup and running there should be lot's of good stuff for you guys to look through...

Quote Originally Posted by Major Darling View Post
    Don't we have a living history forum specifically for this?
    Most of the membership has no access to that. By the look of it, Shank seems to be only only one who's been disturbing the dust there{recently}. Once we get some participation going here we can formulate how to put things together. Chronicolize stories by Timeline and or by the events themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Fu Girl View Post
    Yeah but the whole 'living' part is just a bad joke. If one part of the world really did witness Fukuyama's 'End of History' it's this forum, lol.
    Why is that? For example: The three site owners who formed the site's identity are still here and active. The site's growth over the past few years is impressive and most of the members that have contributed to that are still here and imersed in their current projects. So.... why is that a sad thing? On the other hand, many things have happened over the years that younger members were not here to see, but would find interesting to know about.

Fukuyama's 'End of History'
    I'm not big on animmae so if I missed your point altogether please fill me in...
    Last edited by Mega Tortas de Bodemloze; June 13, 2015 at 10:01 AM.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Default Re: The TWC Colossus, Project

If you are serious about this the Script can provide you with a place to store the site history once completed.

We should probably not talk derogatively about other members. It's forbidden by the ToS anyway.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Default Re: The TWC Colossus, Project

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Shuu View Post
    If you are serious about this the Script can provide you with a place to store the site history once completed.
    That would be outstanding! But..... it's gonna be a good while before enough pieces are in place for that. Thanks for that thought, I look forward to taking you up on that....