Thread: Some help with the Spanish

Saladin45's Avatar Semisalis

Default Some help with the Spanish

Does anyone have a good tactic for the Spanish? I using them and right now I'm trying to take as much Moorish territory as possible. So far I've driven them from Spain, assaulting all of the castles that they controlled. I took a desperate stab at Mukkaryamsh, (I don't remember exactly how it's spelled) but that failed. In the middle of North Africa I hold a place called Tripoli. That's from the remnants of my Crusade to Jerusalem. So does anybody have any helpful tips for me? I mean, I've got some good positions. I'm thinking I could kinda surround them by pushing troops from Tripoli into the other regions that they control. Meanwhile, I'd have men from Spain rushing in from the North.

-Saladin

p.s. I know, it's odd for a guy using the name Saladin to be going on crusades.

Default Re: Some help with the Spanish

Well, if the Moors are putting up a good fight with garrisons, which I do not have in my campaign. You may want to consolidate the Iberian Peninsula by defeating Portugal and build as many economic buildings as you can and trade with Portugal should you not attack, and Sicily, and France. Then wait until you money goes in, you might be able to Crusade to some provinces, but if you cannot afford good garrisons and one full stack of good troops like dismounted knights, knights, and archers, then wait until you can do so.
    Create a Multiplayer Army Online at: www.shogun2armycreator.netne.net
    Your Unofficial Shogun 2 Tech Support Genius
    Visit my Youtube Channel
    Shogun 2 and Star Wars: The Old Republic Gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/itsmymillertime

Beat the Portuguese to Zaragoza. Ally and give money to France every turn to keep them happy with you.

Take Valencia and then fight the moors. Finish of Portugal once you get in good with the current pope. Finish them quickly and mercilessly so as not to get excommunicated.

You control the whole of the Iberian peninsula now. Congratulations. Now you are well on your way and on your own.

i beat most of europe with the spanish.

post a pic of your campaign and i garantee you a strategy that would beat moors and many medetaranian nations.
    Without a sign, his sword the brave man draws, and asks no omen but his country's cause

Liberalism is a mental disorder