View Poll Results: Should I add Logo to the mod? Which would replace the Attila logo on main menu and loading screens.

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes you should!

0 0%
  • Nah, leave it as is

0 0%
  • I don't mind either way

3 100.00%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sharp Mod - Main Thread v3.0

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Default Re: Sharp Mod - Main Thread

Guys there is a possibility that I might have fixed that "Seasickness" issue, but would anyone be kind enough to test?
    If not working still, well I guess I might not be able to fix it as it's a bit of a complicated vanilla bug.

Meanwhile version is 2.35 now with a little new addition: Ministerial offices will last 10 turns instead 8.
    Last edited by SharpEyed; October 02, 2015 at 04:48 AM.

Seems interesting. Can I ask, does this affect the morale penalty during settlement/siege battles that occur if your troops (defending force) are outnumbered by the enemy (attacking force)? In vanilla I found this to ruin defensive settlement/siege battles.

Quote Originally Posted by hellighansen View Post
    Seems interesting. Can I ask, does this affect the morale penalty during settlement/siege battles that occur if your troops (defending force) are outnumbered by the enemy (attacking force)? In vanilla I found this to ruin defensive settlement/siege battles.
    Hmm it's not a combat mod so I haven't really focused on everything related combat mechanics, and nop I don't have it in mod.

That being said I've taken a look and found these,
    defender_outnumbered_morale_increment 1
    defender_outnumbered_update_time_seconds 3

And it doesn't tell about decrease but increase :/
    Maybe the morale debuff is hardcoded but it's getting lowered every 3 seconds?

Is that morale debuff is too much really?

Quote Originally Posted by SharpEyed View Post
    Is that morale debuff is too much really?
    I think it is. I've had fights where I can clearly stand my ground and beat back the enemy from my settlement, but they are too numerous and therefore my men retreat (hence dying as the settlement falls anyway - although I guess one could argue that they don't die, but they certainly are of no more use to me), which kinda sucks. I'm not gonna ask you to implement this then, but is there an easy way for me to change this? For example increase the interval greatly between each morale penalty point, from 3 seconds to, say, 15 seconds? I've used Radious for a long time and never had such morale penalties as when I switched back to vanilla.

I think it is. I've had fights where I can clearly stand my ground and beat back the enemy from my settlement, but they are too numerous and therefore my men retreat (hence dying as the settlement falls anyway - although I guess one could argue that they don't die, but they certainly are of no more use to me), which kinda sucks. I'm not gonna ask you to implement this then, but is there an easy way for me to change this? For example increase the interval greatly between each morale penalty point, from 3 seconds to, say, 15 seconds? I've used Radious for a long time and never had such morale penalties as when I switched back to vanilla.
    Good news!
    I've made some search and found out that "increment" is actually a "decrement"

So yeah now I know how to fix this.

3 ways;
    *Reduce the limit of remaining time to trigger this morale debuff (Last 10 mins for vanilla) - which is the way Radious chose
    *Increase the time between each morale decrement (it's 3 seconds for vanilla)
    *Remove this morale decrease stuff altogether

I think I'll go with the 1st and 2nd one in this case
    So it will be triggered in last 8 minutes and there will be 10 seconds between each morale decrement

How's that sound?

P.s Morale stuffs are under the _kv_morale_tables

-Uploaded. Thanks for the feedback!
    Last edited by SharpEyed; October 02, 2015 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SharpEyed View Post
    How's that sound?
    Sounds amazing! Thank you for quick replies and taking an interest. I'll be sure to download your mod when I get home today

Sounds amazing! Thank you for quick replies and taking an interest. I'll be sure to download your mod when I get home today
    My pleasure,
    Have fun!

I tested it with the three nordic factions and seasickness is now gone for the vikings forefathers, thanks for the quick reply and fix the sea attrition and now attrition immunity work well too.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of the Morrigan View Post
    I tested it with the three nordic factions and seasickness is now gone for the vikings forefathers, thanks for the quick reply and fix the sea attrition and now attrition immunity work well too.
    Nice! 1 more vanilla bug is down then

Thanks for the test, and here is your rep

Since that was a success, it's time to change the version to the 2.4 and updating the Changelogs
    But it's just a number change on the mod name, so you don't have to download it again.
    Last edited by SharpEyed; October 02, 2015 at 10:46 AM.

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Keep doing what your doing mate
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Default Re: Sharpy's Campaign Overhaul

Quote Originally Posted by Indus_Valley View Post
    I already run all of these so i dont need the compilation

No forced march is crucial to a good game IMO - combined with small zones
    Forced march is the best thing ever! lol what do you dont like about it?

^ If only AI was worked well. We all know the Campaign AI.
    However I didn't include it in the mod nonetheless

Sadly forums rolled back -as you can see Here- and my Changelogs and all that stuff also gone with it.
    I didn't save them somewhere but 2.5 version was basically a Charlemagne campaign adaptation with few more extra stuff.

Default Re: Sharp Mod - Main Thread v2.5

Good news! So I've found the cached version of Changelogs and put the missing version back where it belongs

Changelogs

Default Sharp Mod - Main Thread v2.5 Fix

Hello guys, I just uploaded a "fix update" for v2.5 which will make these changes:

• Revert corruption values of Grand campaign to vanilla, except max corruption limit that is just a little bit higher.
    • Revert Sassanid puppet (vassal) income to the pre - v2.5, which is %120 rather than %100 of vanilla.

These will make sure that big factions like WRE and ERE will have more income than vanilla as they did with pre - v2.5 and Sassanids won't have that low income (like 2k) as they have now with vanilla.

I'm sorry for being this late with such fix but until now I didn't notice that CA also messed with economic values of Grand campaign (Except corruption)
    And I didn't get any feedback so excuse me please.
    Last edited by SharpEyed; February 01, 2016 at 05:54 AM.

Default Re: Sharp Mod - Main Thread v2.6

Hello guys I've just uploaded the latest version of the mod -which I call v2.6- which will make such changes:

• Imperium (Fame) levels are easier to reach overall - But this doesn't mean too easy.
    • Vassal (Puppet) cities have a bit more effect on Prestige (Imperium-Fame)
    • Horde rivalry effects are a little bit higher
    • "Double time" stance give a little bit more movement range bonus
    • Having positive food (Faction wise) will grant a little bit income bonus

It seems that Hordes, especially White Huns (their initial infrastructure is better than many) was a bit too powerful with my mod so I've done first three changes to balance the things between Hordes and Settled factions.

Can't say it will be "perfectly" balanced now but "better" balanced than before for sure.
    Last edited by SharpEyed; March 07, 2016 at 11:31 AM.

Default Sharp Mod - Main Thread v2.6

Hey again;

Since the last one I've updated the mod several times with few new rather mini-stuff, few fixes etc which I'll list most now;

• Arrow towers have a bit more range now, from 170 to 180 (vanilla is 200)
    • Having positive food factionwide will grant %2 replenish bonus instead %1, which was a joke really..
    • Imperium now also gives (little) bonus to growth, the higher = the better
    • Main city/town building gives little bonus to tax, which stacks if you have more than one region. At max 4+2+2= %8 bonus, which is very good when income is good.
    • Now you can see the artillery ship range on its unit card.
    Last edited by SharpEyed; March 14, 2016 at 07:27 AM.

I'm thinking of increasing the base Food production of Food buildings by 10 (and 20 for the last level) but I haven't decided yet

I think that's a good idea.

Nice to see your mod is still going strong.
    The guy who used to test DeI and FotE on Mac.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast