View Poll Results: Should I add Logo to the mod? Which would replace the Attila logo on main menu and loading screens.

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes you should!

0 0%
  • Nah, leave it as is

0 0%
  • I don't mind either way

3 100.00%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sharp Mod - Main Thread v3.0

Default Re: Sharpy's Campaign Overhaul [v.1.4]

Ok, thanks.

Honorious was born 9th Sept 384, so at game start (395) he should just be ten years old and certainly not married (he married in 398 when he was 14). At least his brother who rules the Eastern empire (born 377/378) is the correct age in vanilla.

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Quote Originally Posted by Ksaweri View Post
    Ok, thanks.

Honorious was born 9th Sept 384, so at game start (395) he should just be ten years old and certainly not married (he married in 398 when he was 14). At least his brother who rules the Eastern empire (born 377/378) is the correct age in vanilla.
    np

oh they are brothers? dang didn't know that

and well sometimes they do things like that, most of the things are historically true thou (well, except troops)

Hello people,

Obviously I've been inactive to update and extend this overhaul for a while (like 3 weeks) as opposite of what I said before
    Reason is I've got a TW: Arena key and playing it since when I feel like it.

Also there hasn't been much interest in this mod, as I've been a bit too much late to make such mod, and well it appears that no1 felt like giving some feedback, I guess they are doing fine

Anyway, so as you all know Last Roman campaign dlc will be released very soon, and it will have some moddable parts too (I've got some good ideas already), also there will be a patch alongside.

So I'll wait till I get the dlc, and then I hope I'll continue to extend this mod for both Grand campaign and Last Roman campaign.

Regards

As almost all of my other mods has been updated, this is the next one.

Today (27.06) I should be updating this one.
    I'm not sure if it will be an extensive or adapting update yet, but I will see.
    Last edited by SharpEyed; June 26, 2015 at 06:30 PM.

Default Re: Sharpy's Campaign Overhaul [v.1.5]

Alright, new version is ready!
    With some little changes over Last Roman campaign (for now) but most of the changes that has been done before is valid for this campaign too.

Changelogs is in 2nd post as always
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14537264

- - -

You might expect one more update today
    Last edited by SharpEyed; June 27, 2015 at 11:23 AM.

Default Re: Sharpy's Campaign Overhaul [v.1.6]

Alright! Version 1.6 is ready to roll!

Default Re: Sharpy's Campaign Overhaul [v.1.7] ~Last Roman dlc Compatible~

You know what, v1.7 is ready!
    Not too many changes but I believe they will be one more step for a better gameplay experience, and one less for frustrating gameplay experience which happens time to time

As always Changelogs is here;
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14537264

And Question-Answer is here;
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14537265

Sounds good, gonna give this mod a try on my new The Last Roman campaign, hope you keep updating it!

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Keep fighting mate
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Quote Originally Posted by Indalus View Post
    Sounds good, gonna give this mod a try on my new The Last Roman campaign, hope you keep updating it!
    Many things I've changed before also applies to "Last Roman" campaign, because most of the values are shared
    But I still have things to do, especially changing Building effects of higher levels as they are kinda pointless to build: see food/public order-squalor etc penalties

And thanks, enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze View Post
    Keep fighting mate
    with mortal combat style or?

Great mod, keep up the good work.

As for recommendations, onagers, both normal and large, should have their accuracy and rate of fire reduced, ideally to a point they're almost useless in most field battles (unless the enemy decides to just sit there or something). Historically speaking, those things were either built on site or assembled from parts during sieges, but played no role in field battles. The logistics of moving them around in snow, sand or mud, as well as the fact it took minutes to aim them limited artillery to siege work. Ideally onagers would have been an alternative to siege ladders, towers and rams, built on site, though I suspect that's unrealistic for a modder to implement.
    Large onagers with explosive shot in particular, could give a Napoleonic howitzer a run for its money.

While we're at it, is there any chance to make minor factions weaker? Reduce their base income, basically. Some no name, no significance minor tribe or worse, a client state, really shouldn't be able to field two full stacks of decent quality units. It only gets worse if they discover agents, mostly because they're annoying as hell, and I don't think anyone but a major power should be allowed to bother the player that much.

Finally, all horse archers and javelin units that are either native to the steppe/Iranian plateau and/or are of reasonable quality really should have both Parthian shot and fire on the move. They're a waste money otherwise, and it would be pretty accurate historically speaking. As it stands, only the Huns got fixed with the patches, while the Persian factions and the Alans (which are supposed to be a semi-nomadic Sarmatian group, even if the game made them German) as well as some of the mercenary units got skipped over.
    A humble equine consul in service to the people of Rome.

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula's_Horse View Post
    Great mod, keep up the good work.
    Thanks man

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula's_Horse
    As for recommendations, onagers, both normal and large, should have their accuracy and rate of fire reduced, ideally to a point they're almost useless in most field battles (unless the enemy decides to just sit there or something). Historically speaking, those things were either built on site or assembled from parts during sieges, but played no role in field battles. The logistics of moving them around in snow, sand or mud, as well as the fact it took minutes to aim them limited artillery to siege work. Ideally onagers would have been an alternative to siege ladders, towers and rams, built on site, though I suspect that's unrealistic for a modder to implement.
    Large onagers with explosive shot in particular, could give a Napoleonic howitzer a run for its money.
    Well it's not hard to reduce their accuracy/fire rate, and there is a mod for it already but I might do it for my mod as well (not as copy-paste ofc), as I know it's one of the most frustrating stuffs in the game.

But disabling them for field battles and enabling them as siege equipments?
    Hmm disabling them shouldn't be hard but idk about 2nd part, thou I wouldn't prefer to do such stuff, as many people won't like that big change and as I stated in mod description I won't mess with originality of the game.

While we're at it, is there any chance to make minor factions weaker? Reduce their base income, basically. Some no name, no significance minor tribe or worse, a client state, really shouldn't be able to field two full stacks of decent quality units. It only gets worse if they discover agents, mostly because they're annoying as hell, and I don't think anyone but a major power should be allowed to bother the player that much.
    Hmm, another thing would mess with originality
    You are not wrong thou, but it's those minor factions provides the variety of the game, they are like sauce of the map
    Actually their income is pretty low when you play as them, I think it's about AI's bonusses again.

Thou remember the Fame table I made, it's not in favour of minor factions, unless they expand very fast, which they don't (they do mostly sack or raze)
    For agents, it's the same, and I also lowered the maximum amount of agents, which is 3 now and you have to be in one of the last 3 imperium level, which is quite hard

Finally, all horse archers and javelin units that are either native to the steppe/Iranian plateau and/or are of reasonable quality really should have both Parthian shot and fire on the move. They're a waste money otherwise, and it would be pretty accurate historically speaking. As it stands, only the Huns got fixed with the patches, while the Persian factions and the Alans (which are supposed to be a semi-nomadic Sarmatian group, even if the game made them German) as well as some of the mercenary units got skipped over.
    Actually there is a such mod for providing such stuff: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Hybrid-Cavalry

And yea CA made very lazy job in this one again: Germanic spam everywhere sadly.

Anyway, I haven't planned to go units part of the game, but there are many mods for such stuff, which you should be able to use them with this one
    Last edited by SharpEyed; July 05, 2015 at 07:13 AM.

Default Re: Sharpy's Campaign Overhaul [v.1.8] ~Last Roman dlc Compatible~

version 1.8 is live!
    Not too many changes but I believe you will like it more

Changelogs

Question-Answer

Quote Originally Posted by SharpEyed View Post
    But I still have things to do, especially changing Building effects of higher levels as they are kinda pointless to build: see food/public order-squalor etc penalties
    Yep I end up building these high level building for role play reasons instead of strategy.

Tweaks that encourage city specialization are good I think

Quote Originally Posted by Indus_Valley View Post
    Yep I end up building these high level building for role play reasons instead of strategy.

Tweaks that encourage city specialization are good I think
    Yea, players should be building Highest level buildings alongside using Highest tier units, otherwise there is no point to have those in game.
    But in vanilla they just got ridiculously high penalties which makes them pointless.

Anyway with last update I'm done with City/town main building effects (idk if more needed), not by big changes but if you have more than 1 region in a province, changes will become good enough

I might be looking into others buildings now, thou if I lower them all, things might get easy, I'll see
    Last edited by SharpEyed; July 07, 2015 at 10:52 PM.

Another mini-update, can be found under the v.1.8 changes

Changelogs

Question-Answer
    Last edited by SharpEyed; July 10, 2015 at 12:10 PM.

Would it be possible to at least give the Romans, Roman sanitation. Justinian was busy building aqueducts and reservoirs. The technology wasn't forgotten in the West. Vandalic Africa saw new bathhouses, Rome had aqueducts repaired. I suggest making it available to the Romans and the Roman expedition through a good deal of research, and perhaps making it really expensive to reflect the challenges of the age.

Hmm what you mean with "Roman sanitation" ?

If buildings: They already have some sanitation buildings right?
    If technology bonus: Idk if really necessary

Default Version 1.9

Alright, version 1.9 is live!

Changelogs

Question-Answer
    Last edited by SharpEyed; July 23, 2015 at 12:31 PM.

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Default Re: Sharpy's Campaign Overhaul [v.1.9]

Good TWC citizen always leave foot print every time he enter someone thread
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast