View Poll Results: Should I add Logo to the mod? Which would replace the Attila logo on main menu and loading screens.

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes you should!

0 0%
  • Nah, leave it as is

0 0%
  • I don't mind either way

3 100.00%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Sharp Mod - Main Thread v3.0

Default Re: Sharp Mod - Main Thread v2.6

Haven't given your mod a try yet sharpe, but id love to give some feedback. Think I could get it to play nice with tuskmod with some tinkering?

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Quote Originally Posted by MartinWalker View Post
    I think that's a good idea.
    Might as well go with 5-10-10-15 as some factions seem to have "Bonus Food" (and Growth) edict, but not all.

- Edit: That's only Romans. However Barbars can build Food producing building in both Cities and Towns so I might not increase theirs much, or not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Delicate Strawberry View Post
    Nice to see your mod is still going strong.
    Thanks mate, I really like playing with my mod tbh

Quote Originally Posted by johnmck View Post
    Haven't given your mod a try yet sharpe, but id love to give some feedback. Think I could get it to play nice with tuskmod with some tinkering?
    You can call me Sharp, there is a member called "Sharpe" and thats not me

Hmm well for a long time didn't look at Tuskmod to see what it has but probably you can, as my mod mainly focused on Campaign mechanics rather than Combat or AI.

- - - -

Meanwhile I probably soon will release an update that will increase AI's focus/priority of Colonising as I believe none of us like having half of the map desolate.
    Last edited by SharpEyed; March 23, 2016 at 01:50 PM.

Haha sorry my girlfriends last name is sharpe guess I'm used to typing it with an e. xP thanks for getting back to me so quick

Default Sharp Mod - Main Thread v2.7

I've just uploaded the new version which I've promised for, I might write detailed explanation later but for now;

*You can expect AI to be a bit more active and agressive -towards AI and Human
    *You should be seeing a bit more AI colonization now, and maybe a bit less sacking as well.
    *Food production increase for all "Fields" (Wheat, Cattle, Goat, Sheep etc all of those) -hopefully I didn't make it "too easy" -Grand campaign
    *First level of Ports will provide 20 food (0 for vanilla), and last Fishing building will provide 10 more food (90 to 100) -Grand campaign as well
    *Character ("Other Nobles") pool limit (cap) is increased to 5, however I didn't see it working for some reason. Do tell if it does.
    *Also fixed the wrong value of "Colonization soldier percentage loss"
    It was %70 instead %30. Strange that didn't notice it until now.
    It's kinda Devs fault thou, naming that value as "Percentage loss" instead "Percentage left" ..

About AI priority-action ("task") changes..

Well tbh I've never planned to do changes with AI since the Day-1 of the mod but after last patch of the game I think Vanilla AI is better than ever.
    Thou still there are some parts of it that isn't good enough/senseful, that is mostly for Hordes.

I see them doing razing, settling (except Nomads ofc) raiding but (mostly) not Encamping or spawning new hordes.
    But they must to build up their infrastructure to make better units, and new hordes etc.

So this is all where it started.
    Then I've realised that other AI factions also could (actually "Should") use some changes.

I haven't make big (value) changes as always but you will feel the difference still.
    And I probably will do few more tweaks in the next days as some things (attitudes) aren't seem to be fixed still.
    Last edited by SharpEyed; March 28, 2016 at 10:32 AM.

Default Re: Sharp Mod - Main Thread v2.7

Hello guys I'm back with few more stuff.
    Please note that I didn't change the version number.

• Some tweaks on previously made "AI action priority" changes.
    • Recovering from Fatigue is now a bit easier when Idle and Walking.
    • Horde presence and Raiding will consume (steal) a little bit more food now as I previously have increased the Food production of "Fields"
    • A bit more "Growth per unit" when colonizing
    • Ransoming soldiers should be giving a bit more money (%15) - I'm not too sure if this is working but I think it is.
    • Minimum number/fertility of/for randomly chosen AI victory regions have been changed. However you need to start a new game for this to take effect..
      And yes AI also has Victory Regions but they are random and their number is much less than Human Player's. Min fertility was very high also.
    • AI hordes will have a bit more "Growth bonus" now. Still looking for a way to encourage Hordes to Encamp more thou.
    • Last time when I've uploaded the mod I've forgotten the "No Dust" stuff in it.
      Which means walking, running or shooting etc won't be creating any dust, well, except Artillery shots.

This is good for FPS but some might like it and some other not.
      To remove; "Effects" and "projectile_impacts_tables" should be deleted.
    Last edited by SharpEyed; March 30, 2016 at 06:55 AM.

Default Re: Sharp Mod - Main Thread v2.8

Hello again, I've just uploaded the v2.8 which includes many good stuff
    Sorry for updating the mod such often but well, was needed.

*Some new faction and cultural traits
    *Some AI budget allocation improvements.
    For example;
    "Peaceful" faction leader would use most of his money for constructions even when there is a war going, or a "Last Stand" situation.
    Think of reverse for the "Militarist" leader. Meaning even when there is a peace, he wouldn't spend more money to buildings than when there is a war going.
    *Reverting "Double stance" to its original values as it seem to be over-used.
    Also lowering the "Forced March" values a bit, while giving little (%5) bonus to Normal stance of Hordes.
    *Morale changes! Breaking units should be a bit harder now.
    *Melee combat hit base and max percentage reduction, by %5.
    *Horde changes;
    They should be encamping a bit more often. I think I've finally managed to do that.
    A bit more Prestige (Fame/Imperium) value per Hordes.
    Also I've added a value that decreases the building construction costs of AI hordes, by a little bit.
    Last edited by SharpEyed; March 31, 2016 at 05:01 AM.

Default Sharp Mod v2.81

Hello guys I've just uploaded the v2.81 that includes;

• Few more new faction traits
    • Further AI funding/allocation changes:
      Should be allocating/spending a bit more money to army and navy while less for agents
    • A bit more regions needed to be considered as "Major" faction
    • More Growth bonus from Imperium (especially Non-Horde factions)
    • Some AI occupation priority tweaking
    • Some Edict changes for "Empires of Sand" -regarding Religion conversion.

And few more mini stuff.
    Last edited by SharpEyed; April 05, 2016 at 07:11 AM.

Default Re: Sharp Mod - Main Thread v2.9

Hello again, I've uploaded the v2.9 few hours ago that includes;

• Seeing Alans heavily depending on cavalry, I've added a faction trait that will help a little about their upkeep, which I believe fits them well.
    • First level of the Horde main buildings (Nomads and Migrators alike) wouldn't provide any income, well, until now.
    • For some reason Romans wouldn't get to have more Bastion Onagers as they upgrade their city while other factions do.
      Now they also do.
    • Raiding stance of Hordes will provide few growth. Well Human player won't be using that stance much but still mentioning.
    • Now all Nomads will get some bonus growth from razing instead only Huns.
    • Fatigue (level) effects and thresholds have been improved.
    • "Zadruga settlement" of Slavs and "Marib Dam" of Himyar will have better income values when damaged.
      If you happen to see other buildings that have similar inconsistency between Repaired and Damaged values (Way lower than half), please do tell.

And few more minor stuff.

I would like to thank you Sharp for you excellent work! I'm playing with your mods and some graphics submods and having a great game! Great work!

Great to hear that, you're welcome

And tbh I have a new version that was ready for a while but I wanted to do few little tweaks and didn't have much time to deal with it, hopefully in the future.

Cheers

Default Sharp Mod - Main Thread v3.0

Hello people, I've just uploaded the v3.0 which includes;

• Some further AI action priority tweaks (Defend, attack etc)
    • AI income allocation changes and improvements over the previous changes
    • Ancillary vanilla bug fix, that is "Experience base bonus" wouldn't work.
    • Technology research bonus percentage from Ancillaries has been increased by %1, which is a significant increase when many of your characters (agents, governors etc) have them.
    • Lowered the Hordes' very high diplomatic penalties for trespassing. Still higher than Non-Horde factions' thou.
    • Lowered the AI's tax bonus per difficulty.
    • A new feature;
      All character types (all types of agents, generals, admirals) provide some line of sight bonus after certain attribute value/s.
      Of course Generals/Admirals have small values compared to Agents' as one would expect.

And possibly few more minor stuff (I can't remember)

Probably this will be the latest update but who knows.

Regarding TW: Warhammer..
    I'd love to create a Sharp (Overhaul) Mod for it as well as some small/sub mods but it seems like I won't be able to.
    But as I said.. who knows.. what the future holds..
    Last edited by SharpEyed; June 03, 2016 at 10:30 AM.

Default Re: Sharp Mod - Main Thread v3.0

Quote Originally Posted by SharpEyed View Post
    Regarding TW: Warhammer..
    I'd love to create a Sharp (Overhaul) Mod for it as well as some small/sub mods but it seems like I won't be able to.
    But as I said.. who knows.. what the future holds..
    I'm sad ! The sharp mod on attila is amazing, i would like to have a Sharp Warhammer !

Default Re: Sharp Mod - Main Thread v3.0

About 2.5 years have passed since the start of this project.. Whew.
    Time goes quite fast indeed!
    (There seems to be an about 1500 downloads of it, which ain't much but good enough for a first -rather- extensive project, which was started a bit late)

Since then there were 2 Total War (Warhammer) games and 2 more to come as well.
    Thou I'm not really interested in Fantasy games (Like Warhammer) , Limited Campaign Areas (like British island) or Chinese history, but still.

Meawhile I had planned to make a (Sharp) Shogun 2 mod but couldn't start to..
    I don't know if I ever will, but who knows.

Wouldn't expect much interest to it thou.. As it's a rather old game which had tons of different type of mods.

That's all for now.
    See ya!
    Last edited by SharpEyed; August 11, 2018 at 08:55 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345