Thread: Help for Great Migrators startpos

Default Help for Great Migrators startpos

I need help with editing the startpos for the Great Migrating factions (Goths, Vandals etc) in assembly kit. I have set the regions of ownership to my desired values, however, when I try to start any of the Migrating factions as settled it crashes. I have gone through every available table in DAVE but cannot seem to find the corresponding tables.

Default Re: Help for Great Migrators startpos

Found it!

Hey can you let us know what you did so we can know how to fix it. Also how do you change migrating factions startpos givin they dont have a starting settlement.

Quote Originally Posted by Volgat View Post
    Hey can you let us know what you did so we can know how to fix it. Also how do you change migrating factions startpos givin they dont have a starting settlement.
    Set Region Ownership by Theatre I imagine.

But yes. Please do tell.

In Assembly kit you will need to erase the migrating faction from the horde details table in the startpos, then you can assign them a starting territory through the startpos regions table

Hi. I'm working on a "Late" Grand Campaign at the fall of the WRE (476). At this time most of the hordes are settled (Suebi around Portugal, Visigoths in Hispania and around Burdigala, Ostrogoths in Pannonia and Vandals in North Africa...)
    I tried what you said but it crashes everytime I BoB it...
    Could you describe if the following steps are good/enough ?
    - using table_launcher : start_pos_regions : Burdigala given to Visigoths (simply changed region_owner to Visigoths)
    - using table_launcher : start_pos_horde_details : deleted Ataulf and Alaric entries (entire lines)
    Is that enough ? Or are there any other tables I need to change

I've got a few questions as well : I see in horde_details that there are two Clovis... After a few checks in the characters_table I saw that there was one for Suebi and one for Franks. But the corresponding number (name ID) don't seem to correspond to any of the two Clovis nameID in the horde_details table. How can I know which one I have to delete ?

Thanks for your help

I succeeded in the end.

For people wh'd like to know, there might be twice the same name for some characters but they actually are entries for each of the pro_attila and main_attila campaign.
    As the main has an ID of 1 and the pro an ID of 2, always select the first copy of the character ID, and remove its entry (for the main campaign) or the second entry if you are trying to mod the prologue (unlikely)

Same thing if you want to change the settlmeent in which is an army, open start_pos_characters_to_settlement and select the first ID (for example the first Sextus Perennis if you want to move Augusta_treverorum's army) and change it's settlement (which is the first entry of both Augusta_treverorum) to the first entry of any other city (which must not have any army already inside it !), for example the first Mediolanum entry if you want to retreat that army in north Italy.

I am trying to settle the Swebians but it seem I ve hit a wall and BOB wont create the startpos.

I ve removed the faction's leader name from startpos_hordes (should have I remove only the migrate buildings not the entire row?)
    I ve given the regions in startpos_regions, set the capital and changed the subculture to the appropriate one. (main_attila all of them)
    I ve changed the buildings into barbaric ones in startpos_settlements.
    I ve moved the starting army to the new capital along with all the other characters (in settlement box in start_pos). Changed the x/y position to 0.
    Must I change anything else?

I think that the problem is connected with the moved characters but I am not sure. I ve tried to delete the position entry for the deceased ones, or/and the female ones but with no success.

Solved it, there was a -other faction- character in one of the cities.