Thread: unlock the campaign

Default unlock the campaign

HELLO everyone

I just discovered an interesting thing to play ACW campaign 3.6

Recently I started the Confederate campaign. obviously the lap 25 crash and impossible campaign to continue.

tampering in the last backup with the ESF editor I discovered that could change the turn number and date.

has any chance I modified them in registering the turn 40 and changing the date and season (we know that they are some crash at the 30 turns). strangely it worked I could continue the campaign quietly without crash. I know why it worked but whatever.

Only 10 turns after the game has crashed again. I then did the same thing and this time I put 1 turn. so I can play 23 turns without crash. But at the turn 22 I have to start and register turn 1.

This works great, it's been two days since I continued the campaign and I should be on the turn normally 50/60. It's really cool. However, obviously the date and the number of its turn distorted in the game, but whatever

if you want to do the same, you need ESF editor, go to the last savegame and edit in campaign_env / campaign_model / campaigne-calendar.
    if you enter the first round just put 0 on the first line, 1 on the second, and 1 on the third.
    in the 3 line you can change the year and the season

save with another name

I hope it works as well for you as for me.it's better to make off as the show CPU move. I advise you to do many different savegame.

Finally, it does not avoid crashes during battle but if this problem can not be fully resolved. But reduce graphics and make lots ot savegame can help. and to be patient too

I hope it can help modders
    and i hope that more people would make a new campaigne with this awesome mod.

sorry for my very bad english....

Default Re: unlock the campaign

+rep, Thanks, I gave this a try and it works like a charm.

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

Could this method be used to try to determine where exactly lies the cause of the crash?

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links

Maybe too simple... but could it be related to a missing historical event. You know how those cool event popups come along every once in a while explaining what is going on in the world.

I'm pretty handy with with working with the DB but I'm at a loss when it comes to the startPos.

I just came to that train of thought due to the fact that the game crashes if D.C. or Richmond are taken. Maybe a event is supposed to happen that pops up one of those messages, if the message was never implemented wouldn't it cause the game to crash due to the fact that it is trying call for something that doesn't exist?