Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What factions would you guys like to see made playable in Total War: Arena?

Default Re: What factions would you guys like to see made playable in Total War: Arena?

Quote Originally Posted by Destraex View Post
    It would be aweful to mix and match. For instance Roman musketeers. Yuk.
    I think the progression system should simply take you through the ages and make sure you can only use your say napoleonic army vs other nappy armies.
    I TOTALLY agree with ya!! Mixing time periods is a total waste of time, and advancing through them is actually a great idea. It would make Arena a good mix with World of Tanks. And I would love to see Carthage inthe game actually with Hannibal (Chianti anyone??) and Massinissa!!

Default Re: What factions would you guys like to see made playable in Total War: Arena?

Can you make some good accurate African factions an African Generals an egypt some african egypt as well I like what y'all are doing keep up good work guys

Hannibal as a general for carthage!
    And maybe there will come different ages if you finished one period, so if you have reached tier 10 in the greek faction, you can play in the middle age. For that, sultan mehmed the conqueror would be nice as an artillery-general. For the colonial ages there could be prince Eugen of Savoy and in the napoleonic era the commanders could be Napoleon(naturally), Wellington and Suworow.

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

I would love to see it expanded to other eras in the future, like medieval, William Wallace and all that awesomenes.

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Quote Originally Posted by Kahvipannu View Post
    I would love to see it expanded to other eras in the future, like medieval, William Wallace and all that awesomenes.
    Actually they want to do such things, for example adding some Japan Samurai etc

They said they might even add some further eras, like ETW's Era. But they didn't decide how to do it yet, as obviously they can't add powders, cannons etc to the ancient era's battles

Link sharp eyed? Considering samurai were as far as I am aware not even in existence during the roman empires hey day just as knights were not.

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Idk if there is a page that has this info but I've heard this from the Devs themselves, on EGX (you can find the video) and somewhere else

And yea Samurai didn't exist in ancient times afaik but they might add them still, as they won't be using any special equipment but sword and armor, well, or a bow.

Dude with the Food's Avatar Campidoctor

I also heard they were thinking about Genghis Khan in the more distant future so we could see Mongols down the line.

For now, I think they'll focus on the three playable already. The game files suggest Vercingetorix and Boudica are next but there are a few leaders for each faction that haven't been revealed.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Roman: Augustus, Marcus (presumably Antony), Marius, Sulla, Trajan
    Greek: Epaminondas, Eumenes, Pyrrhus, Seleucus
    Barbarian: Caratacus, Spartacus (assuming he isn't Roman)

I've also found 'Eastern' as a fourth culture but most of the files accessible are leftovers from R2TW so I'm not sure how safe a bet that is for the next culture.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I am me. You are not me. You are you. If I was you, I wouldn't be me.
    If you were me, I'd be sad.But I wouldn't then be me because you'd be me so you wouldn't be me because I wasn't me because you were me but you couldn't be because I'd be a different me. I'd rather be any kind of bird (apart from a goose) than be you because to be you I'd have to not be me which I couldn't do unless someone else was me but then they would be you aswell so there would still be no me. They would be you because I was you so to restore balance you would have to be me and them meaning all three of us would become one continously the same. That would be very bad.

Border Patrol's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Little Eumenes is a playable general? Great Scott!
    Proud Nerdimus Maximus of the Trench Coat Mafia.

I'd want TW: Arena to be able to choose which time period you could play in, for example, Ancient, Medieval, Colonial and so forth.

Ancient
    Egypt, Selucids, India, China, American Tribes, Bactria, etc

Medieval
    England, France, HRE, Denmark, Novgorod, Byzantines, Venice & Genoa, Spain & Portugal, Almohads(Moors), Egypt, Turkey, China, Lithuania, Poland, Scotland, etc

Colonial
    England, France, Prussia, Sweden, Spain, Portugal, Italian States, Russia, Ottomans, Poland-Lithuania, and a bunch of others lol

Modern
    ​Every nation that exists today.

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Destraex View Post
    Link sharp eyed? Considering samurai were as far as I am aware not even in existence during the roman empires hey day just as knights were not.
    I think the 12th Century is when you'd really say the Samurai came about. That was during the Genpei War, which is what the Shogun 2 Campaign Rise of the Samurai was based on. I mean, technically you have samurai-like stuff before that, but it wasn't really Samurai as you would think of it until the Genpei War. Of course, they existed for a long time, so you'd probably need to make sub-classes of samurai, based on the period (IE: the 12th Century Samurai and the 16th Century Samurai were using different tactics, with different armor, and different weapon variety) So I mean, you could certainly have a lot of variation, if you were trying to maintain a sort of like 'sub culture' as some people have been listing, you could do that. Something like maybe, Kamakura era, Ashikaga era, and Tokugawa era.

If they were to make, say a Napoleon era of generals and cultures, you could use the Tokugawa Samurai as a contemporary that had relatively poor firearms, but much better melee units. It could make for a very different playstyle that focused more on maneuvering, distractions, and charges, against a lot of armies that would try to focus on maintaining firing lines.

Parthia

Cataphracts, Horse Archers & Elephants! (with towers housing more than 1 person *cough* Rome II/Attila *cough*)

There are some great upgrade potential on the Cataphracts & Elephants.
    You could start without armor on the horses & elephants (or very little), but the more you upgrade them the more armor you add onto the horses & elephants.
    Last edited by Fedual; December 09, 2015 at 08:17 AM.

Inconfidente's Avatar Laetus

I Liked Romanized Barbarians, Like Ostrogoths and Visigoths.

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I was actually thinking plain old steppe faction. I think it's going to be very hard to balance, because how early melee infantry have 0 armor and 0 javelins to counter a horse archer centric faction. We'll see.

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

The Bold Burgundian's Avatar Ducenarius

Imperial armies of Austria/Spain. Fernando Įlvarez de Toledo, 3rd Duke of Alba would be commander and 3 unit types would be pikes, muskets, and rondeleros. A typical Spanish square would be 1/3rd of each of these troops.
    T.W.C.
    Total War Cynics

I would like to see Carthage and Egypt, for sure. If they deviate from the time period I'll uninstall it, lol.

If they added a schytian faction with only horsearchers it would be a total douchebag move from CA.
    I would either flip my table if I had to oppose them, or laugh tears of joy if I was using only horse archers.

If there was a gamemode where everyone just were schytian horse archers on a big plain that would be exciting to see. If only there would be any tactics involved with that, it's nonetheless crazy enough to attract me.

Indefinitely Banned

Carthage for sure. That would be pretty cool.

Maybe they add the eastern faction group, including persia, parthia, assyrian empire, babylon or some of the sucessor kingdoms. And, naturally they have to release carthage and egypt. I want elephants!
    "You can ask me for anything you like, except time."
    Napoleon Bonaparte
    "If you want a thing done well, do it yourself."
    Napoleon Bonaparte
    "You don't reason with intellectuals. You shoot them."
    Napoleon Bonaparte

King_of_Spoons64's Avatar Civis

If the faction was in a Total War game, include it.
    Oh my god and several other deities.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast