Thread: Crossroads Saloon OOC Chat

Default Re: Crossroads Saloon OOC Chat

Tully can remain sort of precarious with a child/regency. LD, the Tullys most epic characters have usually been brothers/cousins/uncles who are incredibly skilled. The Lords of Riverrun don't have to be spectacular. As far as boredom goes, LPs are the best starters of trouble/intrigue/RP. Like I told Mortis, pick a long term goal and run with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Poach View Post
    So back to my original question. If Velaryon has suggested I propose the plan to the Small Council, can I just show up and talk about it? I would, of course, assume the talk is after that crisis meeting: Karstark wouldn't be a part of that, because I've assumed he shows up post-riots. Or should I make a separate thread to avoid the flow in the Small Council thread becoming confused between two simultaneous RPs running side-by-side in one thread?
    yes. It will be simultaneous but that's ok

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Can I trade Karhold Fur for Goldentooth Gold? Each family would take the other, as both increase income and I've always tried to stack Charisma on Raymar Lefford every single game.

Pinkerton's Avatar Praeses

I just finished the Witcher 3.

Damn it's a good game. Made me cry too, something not so easily achieved.

Finished it ages ago, get on my level

Playing again on the hardest difficulty, lord save me.

Quote Originally Posted by Trot View Post
    Not bad man solid music.
    Thankz... the concert was cool. People went crazy when we tarted playing the Song of Ice and Fire!

This is going to come off a lot rougher then I mean it too I think so I apologize in advance, Velasco went MIA after his main char was killed in a procession he didn't even want to be at correct?

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I don't really get why we "had" to kill off Jace. I mean he would have been an awful King with no support. But we could have just had a great council or whatever after the Queen died in the rioting and pass him over in the succession(which I definitly think the majority of lords would have agreed to, the exGreens claim him a bastard and the Blacks were mostly offended by him).

Edit:
    I was ready to quit last game when Oz had some strange OOC quest to take Harrenhal from me and Richard passed over all the legal Whents to give it to the Freys. But instead I raged against it IC and got to kill a bunch of Riverlords. Point being it sucks to have your characters killed off for OOC reasons that are out of your control (in this case "plot" structuring) particularly when the same result could have been reached IC without (neccessarily) killing Jace.

This is not to say I didn't support the events, which I did, I just think a player who didn't want to take part should have been able to not take part. BF wanted the Queen to die, as did Oz with Daemon and Richard with Aemond.
    Last edited by Pericles of Athens; July 07, 2015 at 11:39 AM.

I think everyone here knows I always support the mods decisions and the calls made from above. I respect those making the calls too, I've rp'ed with them for some time, but I wasn't vibing the call to include Jace in the first place and I am not feeling great about his death either. Note: And I had nothing to do with the kid IC or OOC. The way it reads to me, I might have dropped too, especially as a newer RPer

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

There were IC and OOC reasons for Jace dying. Most of the OOC reasons were due to the conduct of said player. Warnings were given in the past and, when those were seemingly ignored, we had to take action.

If we did a Great Council rp, that would have last for some time, it could have gotten boring anyways. I know BF did not want to be King anymore, I don't either. So that would have left either Aegon or Jacaerys. Even if we had done such an event, the outcome could have made the player mad and caused some OOC disputes to happen. Since the death of Jace, no OOC posts have been made that disrupt the rp.

We killed Jace for good reasons, not bad ones. They have been stated before such as to ensure the regency happens and so forth. Whats done has been done.
    Last edited by Lucius Malfoy; July 07, 2015 at 12:13 PM.
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

Can you reiterate what warnings you're talking about? Because I am unaware.
    As far as I know all I have is an apology from the Mod team for making false accusations and your haphazard explanations for why you deleted my Strong sign up, which in hindsight was obviously nothing more than a very self-serving clearing the way for your Justmans.

I honestly don't see the fun in creating alternative timelines when there's no "creating" actually allowed - at least not to everyone.

I do not accept blame for the inability of others to reason like adults, much less for Mods walking out in a strop, or for the game being an absolute borefest when it amounts to little more than a rehash of canon.
    Last edited by Velasco; July 07, 2015 at 12:25 PM.

The war did not result in the massive Targaryen die off it should have for various reasons. I'm not going to rehash all the explanations I've given before. Everyone acknowledged this and cooperated in some structured settlement; everyone except Velasco who decided to do the exact opposite because he somehow felt entitled to his canon character. Canon characters kill this game in the long run, but that's just my opinion. There was almost unanimous consensus for what needed to happen. Velasco wasn't ready to face some of these realities which call for the death of some characters. This only proves he wasn't ready to control a character that important in the first place.

Velasco, nobody is going to apologize to you for anything. Either play, or leave. If you just try to stir up mischief ooc I will have you banned from the game.

I'm happy for a character to die if the situation requires it.
    As I saw with Harrenhal, folks here are not above being very underhanded to get their way.
    The same with 5 assassination requests fro m folks who had no reason IC.
    So yes, I stopped posting when I realized Jace was being manipulated and cornered IC in a scripted event intended to kill off my cgaracters, teach me a lesson and clear the way for your own to have lots of fun.
    It was not a nice feeling.

Re-read my post. I am referencing an already given apology, not asking for one.

I personally am not trying to make apologies for anyone. From my angle I just wanted to understand more than I was seeing because what I was seeing seemed uncharacteristic of those I've known for what feels like an eternity already. If it was to the level or proportion you stated LM and Ponti then it is what it is and the world will keep spinning. I'm ok with all that. I was just speaking as a concerned player because of the visibility I have, and I'm not entitled to all the other stuff and believe me I'm cool with it, it looked askew.
    As for Velasco I'll say that sometimes Vel, you gotta roll with the punchs, state your case, comply with the rulings and try to be a team player. I DO NOT want to dust back up any old arguements of course so I'll leave the topic alone.
    All love gentlemen

Quote Originally Posted by Velasco View Post
    I'm happy for a character to die if the situation requires it.
    Alright, then we are done here. No more

The big problem with the whole Jaecaerys-plot is, that it is in fact a weak claimant, compared to the other ones, behaveing as if he will become King of Westeros and can do whatever he want.
    He fathers unmarried women, acts in front of his mother as if it's okay to produce and raise bastards within the royal halls at will and goes from broken marriage promise to marriage promise (Tyrell-Reyne-Lannister).

Seriously, that's not roleplay of a comeing king, but of an angry boy in puberty, resisting against the laws of his time, while not being able to see his mistakes.
    I kinda feel that you also mixed up perhaps your own OOC-feelings into the character, since you once accused me of my characters acting on my OOC behalf (yet I do separate OOC from IC, and I only got a lot of unhappy stuff approaching a family, I try to RP as honorable, lawful and protective towards their vassals. ), thus I'm not sure if you understand why IC has to be separated from OOC content.
    It's hard to do, but doable - and I feel if you would not have projected a lot of your OOC view also into your IC posts, the view on Jacaerys might have been different.

Plus, Jace has been painted a bastard by the Greens already - claims of bastardy are always dangerous. Compare it to Joffrey Baratheon, Cersei's bastard king from GoT - that claim was enough to split up Westeros into one entire civil war and was only saved by the Tyrells joining up with the Lannisters at the right place and right time upon the capital in the deciding battle. And interestingly enough even this support would mean later on his bloody downfall.
    Compare now our setting with it - the Blacks might have with the Arryns one stable ally, but the rest of them only served them because of interests and own agendas. Tully was pulled only by a charismatic Arryn speech into the boat, the North joined under heavy demands, Rhaenyra needed to accept.
    How would Jace do during his potential reign, if his decisions go into ways to antagonize even those?

Also, there were for example some things, which sounded even from a character's point of view pretty unrealistic. Like for example Jace trying to wed Helaena - the murderer of his brother Lucerys?
    Would he not rather be one of the firsts to demand her head roll?

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Velasco View Post
    Can you reiterate what warnings you're talking about? Because I am unaware.
    As far as I know all I have is an apology from the Mod team for making false accusations and your haphazard explanations for why you deleted my Strong sign up, which in hindsight was obviously nothing more than a very self-serving clearing the way for your Justmans.

I honestly don't see the fun in creating alternative timelines when there's no "creating" actually allowed - at least not to everyone.

I do not accept blame for the inability of others to reason like adults, much less for Mods walking out in a strop, or for the game being an absolute borefest when it amounts to little more than a rehash of canon.
    We did warn you about using the Corbrays and Jace as one house when it appeared that way.

Also, that wasn't my decision on your Strongs. It was HB's call, so don't accuse me of anything when I was only following the decision of another mod. He gave you explicit permission to sign up a third house, not House Strongs. He wanted the sign up deleted due to the inflammatory response it could get. So I deleted it for him cause, at the time, he wasn't able to.

Velasco, I did my duty as a mod. Hate me for it, but don't accuse me of being bias. I have learned that with the responsibilities of being mod comes the possible hatred of the players who feel that moderation may be after them when they have made repeating violations which they never acknowledge and call false accusations. You aren't the first nor will you be the last.

And with that, I end my responses to this conversation.
    Last edited by Lucius Malfoy; July 07, 2015 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Malfoy View Post
    We did warn you about using the Corbrays and Jace as one house when it appeared that way.

Also, that wasn't my decision on your Strongs. It was HB's call, so don't accuse me of anything when I was only following the decision of another mod. He gave you explicit permission to sign up a third house, not House Strongs. He wanted the sign up deleted due to the inflammatory response it could get. So I deleted it for him cause, at the time, he wasn't able to.
    Plus, Justmans happened before Harrenhall getting a crisis.

Damnit Zeus......shoulda kept quiet

Also, there were for example some things, which sounded even from a character's point of view pretty unrealistic. Like for example Jace trying to wed Helaena - the murderer of his brother Lucerys?
    Would he not rather be one of the firsts to demand her head roll?
    Although Jace might hate Helaena, I would imagine marrying her would be a good political move - Targaryen children on both sides, Green and Black.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Richard of Gloucester View Post
    Although Jace might hate Helaena, I would imagine marrying her would be a good political move - Targaryen children on both sides, Green and Black.
    You forget that Rhaenyra wanted her dead for killing not only her son but her dragon. Not sure why BF changed that decision.

However, looking at the regency, Helaena was gonna die even if Jacaerys had the chance. Helaena's opportunity to wed Jace was very slim at best, even if it is a good political move.
    Last edited by Lucius Malfoy; July 07, 2015 at 01:01 PM.