Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Origo Europae - Beginning of Europe (Clovis based scenario)

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Origo Europae - Beginning of Europe (Clovis based scenario)

Quote Originally Posted by pouya2 View Post
    when i want to save game game its crashed why?????
    I am sorry, archaeology is my field. I can use and built my own PC...but when it gets too technical I slip into a coma!
    Is you steam up to date? Is Attila up to date? Drivers? Any conflicts? Using mod manager?
    These are just some of the things I've come across before. Really am sorry I cannot be of service, I know its terribly frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Antiochus Philopappos View Post
    I will certainly ask Majorian who is the far more technically minded, but it does rather sound more like a conflict of some sort and would happen whatever the source of the mod.
    Okay, let us know when it's available. Eagerly waiting

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter93 View Post
    Okay, let us know when it's available. Eagerly waiting
    Won't be long I am just finding somewhere to upload it, when I get home later

Thank you again bro! You are very kind

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

I see this mod on Steam but don't see the Steam link in this thread, or any other download link

There you are http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=488486091
    , if that is what you meant. I took the liberty of recommending your better hordes mod in my collection! (I am Κωνσταντῖνος on Steam http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=490521092
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; July 31, 2015 at 11:57 AM. Reason: There was supposed to be a map! Didn't work!

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

There you are http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=488486091
    , if that is what you meant. I took the liberty of recommending your better hordes mod in my collection! (I am Κωνσταντῖνος on Steam http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=490521092
    Thanks for both

Origo Europae is a project, aiming to move the starting position almost 100 years later, while conserving and when needed adding historical authenticity...
    Current features:
    • Moved the starting position to 484 AD, the way it was back then.
    • Reworked the family tree to represent the royal families at the time.
    • Clovis, Odoakar and other famous persons of the time are represented.
    • Reworked the starting pictures for the playable factions.
    • The Huns are nerfed and converted into the Bulgars.
    • New textures are added for faction leaders of various factions.
    • Britannia / Britain is added
    • Hephtalite Kingdom is added
    • Sklaveni are added
    • Religion Overhaul: Judaism, Monophysitism and Buddhism is added
    • Franks reskinned
    Kudos to Idreaus for the awesome logo
    Many credits for Tiger~Stripes, for his fantastic Frankish reskin we were authorised to use in the mod.CA for a game with a solid start to build upon and with great mod tools that allow us to do much more than to many other games...

The team
    The team of Origo Europae wants to expand, so that we will be able to expand our areas of expertise and with that the parts of the game we can edit. With others' help we will be able to do great things in the near future.
    We can use modders with talents such as but not limited to:
    • Scripting
    • Db editing
    • Music modding
    • Startpos editing
    • Artwork
    • Texturing and/or modelling
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; July 31, 2015 at 12:42 PM.

PhilipO'Hayda's Avatar Vicarius

Epic really great work, Just need to change the Ebdanians to Uí Néill and give them a red hand. both mods are already on steam. The High King is
    Lugaid mac Lóegairi if your going 484 AD. You have fighting going on with Celtic Pagans and celtic christianity, there also raiding on the Britain, but the Uí Néill have good trade going on with East Roman and the franks.
    Last edited by PhilipO'Hayda; July 31, 2015 at 02:05 PM.

Irish Historical adviser for Albion:Total war

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipO'Hayda View Post
    Epic really great work, Just need to change the Ebdanians to Uí Néill and give them a red hand. both mods are already on steam. The High King is
    Lugaid mac Lóegairi if your going 484 AD. You have fighting going on with Celtic Pagans and celtic christianity, there also raiding on the Britain, but the Uí Néill have good trade going on with East Roman and the franks.
    Thank you, I must confess this is one area I need to learn a lot more about

Boogie Knight's Avatar Biarchus

Hi! Saw your mod on the home page and was immediately interested, I absolutely adore this era. I'm not an Attila player myself (though that'll likely change when this mod is fully released!) so I don't know what those symbols represent on the second map and I can't read most of the names on the first. What are the factions in England? I ask because my rather limited knowledge of history actually extends to this period somewhat. In particular, the map with the faction symbols appears to show what looks like the white wyvern/dragon of Wessex over a chunk a red regions in England. Your start date, unless I've misunderstood, is 481 but Wessex was the last of the Anglo-Saxon kingdoms to be established and that was in the early-mid 6th century (source: Anglo-Saxon Chronicle). Also, is the kingdom of Dumnonia going to be represented? It looks from the first map like it is, but I just wanted to find out.

I also have a question about what looks like Kent there. Is that going to be Saxon or Jutish? Am I right in thinking the Jutes can be represented in this game? If so, it would be more accurate for it to be Jutish than Saxon. And are the Angles going to be represented at all? If so, East Anglia and Northumbria were their main kingdoms (I can understand if you only wanted to do the heptarchy or the later 'big four', even at this earlier date) and possibly Mercia too but that one's debatable.

Either way, best of luck with this mod!
    Last edited by Boogie Knight; July 31, 2015 at 06:56 PM.

Lugotorix's Avatar non flectis non mutant

Quote Originally Posted by Boogie Knight View Post
    Hi! Saw your mod on the home page and was immediately interested, I absolutely adore this era. I'm not an Attila player myself (though that'll likely change when this mod is fully released!) so I don't know what those symbols represent on the second map and I can't read most of the names on the first. What are the factions in England? I ask because my rather limited knowledge of history actually extends to this period rather well. In particular, the map with the faction symbols appears to show what looks like the white wyvern/dragon of Wessex over a chunk a red regions in England. Your start date, unless I've misunderstood, is 481 but Wessex was the last of the Anglo-Saxon kingdoms to be established and that was in the early-mid 6th century (source: Anglo-Saxon Chronicle). Also, is the kingdom of Dumnonia going to be represented? It looks from the first map like it is, but I just wanted to find out.

I also have a question about what looks like Kent there. Is that going to be Saxon or Jutish? Am I right in thinking the Jutes can be represented in this game? If so, it would be more accurate for it to be Jutish than Saxon. And are the Angles going to be represented at all? If so, East Anglia and Northumbria were their main kingdoms (I can understand if you only wanted to do the heptarchy or the later 'big four', even at this earlier date) and possibly Mercia too but that one's debatable.

Either way, best of luck with this mod!
    Can confirm if memory serves that Bernicia is in the mod.
    AUTHOR OF TROY OF THE WESTERN SEA: LOVE AND CARNAGE UNDER THE RULE OF THE VANDAL KING, GENSERIC
    THE BLACK-HEARTED LORDS OF THRACE: ODRYSIAN KINGDOM AAR
    VANDALARIUS: A DARK AGES GOTHIC EMPIRE ATTILA AAR

Good Idea! Wish you the best!

I can give you some suggestion about Caucasus. Include territory of Arran in Sassanid Empire, as the Kingdom of Caucasian Albania (Arran/Rani) was conquered by Sassanids in 463, and they have achieved independence only in 485. Also, Lazica was the part of Kingdom of Kartli according to the Georgian royal annals in the middle of the 5th century and have gained independence only in the beginning of the 6th century.
    Kartli was the vassal (puppet according to the Attila TW) kingdom of Sassanids, but rebelled and declared war on them in 481/2.
    Through your intercession I hope to see the light of Thy son and the light of everlasting ages !

http://etc.ancient.eu/2014/10/30/ire...e-insular-art/
    a nice little light read, I'll give you more info as I find, but Ireland's gone in to it's Golden age, So it's kind of sad that many people view Ireland as to the side and away from it all.

So many suggestions and interest, thank you. You would not believe what a headache I had trying to reconcile history with game limitations and balance!

With regards to Britain, we discussed for a long time which (kingdoms) of Angles, Jutes or Saxons to put in and where Kent, Sussex, East Anglia and Yorkshire for example ! Kent as pointed out was initially a Jute colony before being (correct word choice) overrun by Saxon's. There were other candidates but it was debatable to say when they became kingdoms- as opposed to colonial settlements of heterogeneous tribes. In the end a historical compromise had to be decided.
    Ireland, it's importance in ecclesiastical matters I am acutely aware of, but alas my personal research has always taken me to the Greek speaking East, not that is the limit of my interest!

The Caucasus do need a good look at in terms of diplomacy and if we had the means many other ways, units, characters, etc - as do many factions!
    Such as the Arabs the Ghassanids and Lakhamids who's importance grew as the century wore on were unique and fascinating cultures- not just generic eastern turban peoples.
    Thank you all again, please keep suggestions coming, we cannot, alas promise to implement them all. But a healthy "discussion" keeps history alive!
    Χαίρε
    Gaius

Boogie Knight's Avatar Biarchus

With regards to Britain, we discussed for a long time which (kingdoms) of Angles, Jutes or Saxons to put in and where Kent, Sussex, East Anglia and Yorkshire for example ! Kent as pointed out was initially a Jute colony before being (correct word choice) overrun by Saxon's. There were other candidates but it was debatable to say when they became kingdoms- as opposed to colonial settlements of heterogeneous tribes. In the end a historical compromise had to be decided.
    Delighted to hear so much thought has gone into it! Bearing that in mind there probably isn't much I can tell you that you and/or your researchers don't already know. Do you mind if I ask what the compromise you've reached is? Purely for curiosity's (and excitement's!) sake.

Kent was eventually overrun by Saxons as you say, but they did a bit of overrunning themselves before that time, driving what was thought to have been the East Saxons from west Kent. It wasn't until a few hundred years later that Wessex vassalised Kent, but there's an interesting twist to that story in that there are some theories among historians that the kings of Kent actually 'conned' their way onto the throne of Wessex through all manner of nefarious means, such as the forging of genealogies. If this theory is correct, every king after and including Ecgbert was actually a Kentishman, and thus a Jute. That's probably not the sort of thing you can include, though, not least because it's debated.

Only thing I'd say is that if Kent is to be a separate region held by anybody, whether it's a faction of its own or still part of the faction in Scandinavia/Germany (depending on whether you're going for Jutes or Saxons), its relations with the Franks should come into play. The Franks are very heavily suspected of having been instrumental in establishing some of the early Anglo-Saxon kingdoms, Kent in particular, as a way of preventing the raids on their coastlines from these groups. For a long time Kent was basically their agent in Britain, and they were instrumental in bringing Christianity back to England through Kent in the sixth century (though by no small amount of irony it was the Vikings who finally crushed Anglo-Saxon paganism almost five hundred years later). I might even go so far as to suggest an alliance between the Jutes of Kent and the Franks, but if the region of Kent is held by an overall Jutish faction with its main territory on the mainland as part of the compromise you spoke of this might not be feasible. In that case I might suggest simply giving them good relations. Either way, the relationship between Kent and the Franks cannot be overstated.

And how about the kingdom of Dumnonia? I still can't tell from your map if they're included or not. I understand from M2TW modding that every faction slot is precious, but if you have room to spare I could certainly recommend these guys. They grew out of the Dumnonii tribe in the south west of Britain after the Romans left, and put up a far greater resistance to the Anglo-Saxons than most other British kingdoms. They even took the opportunity of the Roman departure to expand, and are thought to have existed on both sides of the English Channel, in Brittany as well as Cornwall and Devon. They retained many of their old Roman laws just as the Welsh kingdoms did, and were courted by eastern Roman diplomats (as were the East Angles, funnily enough) who its thought were asking if they wanted to re-join the empire. In the end they almost made it to the Norman conquest. They certainly aren't everyone's first thought when people think of this era, but I'd say they have a lot to offer a mod like this.

As I say, this is probably nothing you guys haven't already discussed but I thought I'd provide some suggestions as the invitation was there. Thanks for reading, either way.

can you guys fix the bug where when clovis (frankish king) dies the new king doesnt get the crown and armor, would really be great.

To all who may visit, my apologies for my absence from commitments, my son has been taken seriously ill an has to under go neurological surgery tonight, as well probably radiotherapy, in coming weeks. It is a very trying time to say the very least!
    X
    Χαίρε

Am very sorry to hear that, hope all gets well.

My best wishes, Gaius.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast