Thread: Need help with Darthmod N! Unit Sizes refuse to change!

Default Need help with Darthmod N! Unit Sizes refuse to change!

Hello all,

So I ran into a very weird problem today. Having finished my Bavarian campaign in DMN, which I loved, I decided to give France another chance(having had my arse handed to me last time by a very aggressive Russia). When I started playing however, the unit sizes had reduced to 'normal' ultra. That is to say, the militia units were 250, not 500. Naturally I figured it was something I did and went to fix it.

-I tried re-starting steam and DM first; no effect.
    -I tried re-doing DMN's options, making sure it was on 2x units. No effect.
    -Tried going into the preferences, manually changing it, and making it read-only. No effect. I should mention now that all three times, the unit size refused to stay on ultra, moving down to small every single time I quit the game.
    -Tried launching through steam vanilla with the modified preferences, no effect.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I've never seen this problem before, and I've done nothing recently that would have changed anything. Bavaria had no issue getting the 2x ultra units, though now when I try to go back in a new Bavaria campaign, the militia units are again 250, not 500.

Please help. I'm turning it off for the night but I welcome any and all advice as to what to do. I don't mind the normal ultra, but I want to figure out why A) it changes to 'small' units, everytime I quit the game, even when I don't mess with any options, and B) why I had zero issues two weeks ago, starting a Bavarian campaign, and suddenly now I cannot get my 2x ultra units. I can even go into my old Bavaria campaign, and there sit 500-strong units, like nothing's wrong.

What is happening?

roy64's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Need help with Darthmod N! Unit Sizes refuse to change!

Don't start the launcher. Check your user.script has campaign_unit_multiplier 2; in it. Double check your preferences.script is set to 2. Then start your game, it should work now.
    Leicestershire