Thread: what is your favourite regional light cavalry unit

Default what is your favourite regional light cavalry unit

im just wondering what people like, my favourite is the natabatean horse archers, because they are so integral to the saba campaign and have a great aor.

Also is there an objective "best" of thsi class of units, the aorsi horse archers seem to cost the most, so they might be the best, and the sabeilans have comparitively high armour.
    anyway, would love to hear everyone's thoughts.

Default Re: what is your favourite regional light cavalry unit

I would argue that the aorsi horse archers are probably the best in game currently, between their charge values and their bows, they're highly versatile, and are bound to have a good chance of beating any other light cavalry.

However, they're not gods among men, just highly skilled horse archers, and I've beaten them with other forms of cavalry before. The Mezenai of the getai are quite good as light cavalry, but in terms of positive experiences with non-heavy horsemen in general, the Aswinai of the Lugians are stunningly good as supporting cavalry. They're classified as medium cavalry, however, but seeing as how that term is still somewhat grey at this stage in EB2(I'm not sure what other medium cavalry units there are), I figured I'd include them anyway.

Default Re: what is your favourite regional light cavalry unit

I'm quite partial to the Illyrioi Hippeis. Though the Asian lights who have secondary axes are quite handy.