Thread: TATW Campaign Won't Start takes back to previous screen

Icon9 TATW Campaign Won't Start takes back to previous screen

Hello!I am in need of some assistance. I've been playing TATW v3.2 for a while now and all has been good with no problems until about a week ago where i discovered i could no longer start campaign games. No matter what the faction, when i press start campaign it takes me back to the previous menu and i am prevented from going back to the screen where you can choose your faction. I am still able to play custom, quick and historical battles, and i can still play my previous campaigns from the load screen, just no new ones! This may be coincidental but the problem occured right after i played the M2TW Kingdom Britannia campaign.I am using a Toshiba Laptop with Window's 8, and have disc copies of both M2TW and M2TW KE.I have previously had the problem with loading up normal battles where the game crashed. This was solved by deleting the two geog files.Hopefully someone can help me!All the best,Will

Default Re: TATW Campaign Won't Start takes back to previous screen

Hello there, and welcome to TWC Forums

Delete map.rwm file located in your M2TW/ mods/Third_Age_3/ data/ world/ maps/ base folder. Try to start another campaign again. If it does not work, tell me the correct folder location of your Medieval II Total War folder, cause you might have issues with VirtualStore and User Account Control feature, which is solvable.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Deleted the map.rwm. unfortunately no success there. My medieval 2 total war folder is located in This PC/ Tl31358600A (C/ Program Files (x86)/ SEGA.

Go here, and apply first three steps explained for Windows 7, Vista and 8 Users:

Step 1) Edit Security for your main Medieval II Total War folder ( since you have Windows 8, use the steps from the link for Windows 8 Users)

Step 2) Unhide hidden folders

Step 3) If you find Sega/Medieval II Total War folder present in Users/.../VirtualStore/Program Files-Program Files(x86) folder, delete the Medieval II Total War folder.

Delete map.rwm file again, and try to start your campaign.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

It worked! Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by WillD1996 View Post
    It worked! Thanks so much!
    I am glad it works now.

Since you play vanilla TATW 3.2 without any submods installed, install these two bugfix files ( make a backup first of these two files: M2TW/ mods/ Third_Age_3/ data/ export_descr_buildings.txt , and , Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\ campaign_script.txt ): https://www.dropbox.com/s/p39pwsf0gk...Files.rar?dl=0

Open the Readme for the files.txt file and follow the copy/paste steps.
    Last edited by ElvenKind; June 18, 2015 at 02:18 PM.

Just downloaded TATW and I seem to have a very similar problem to the one mentioned here, however I have tried the fixes you said and none seem to work. I can find anything you need to know just need a little help here!

Figured I should fully explain everything. I run windows 8 and the problem is on any campaign (main one or fellowship) it will take me back to the previous screen (the campaign screen, fellowship, quick battle, etc.). I edited the security for med2, did your bugfix, made sure I downloaded it properly(which it boots up perfectly), and there is no med2 in Virtual Store because I run it on Steam. It is vanilla.

Delete map.rwm file in your M2TW/ mods/ Third_Age_3/ data/ world/ maps/ base folder.

Sorry, I missed mentioning that, I have already done that and it still does it. Each time I delete map.rwm it always comes back after I open up TATW.

I was wondering if I messed something up with my security settings and that is the problem why I can't delete it?

map.rwm file will always regenerate, it is intended to do so.
    Delete all strings.bin files in your M2TW/ mods/ Third_Age_3/ data/ text folder. There should be 27 of them. Restart your PC, and try again.

Also, it would be good to install these updated bugfix files which I had released few weeks ago: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p39pwsf0gk...Files.rar?dl=0

Download, extract them, copy/paste and replace the old ones with these new ones, delete map.rwm and all strings.bin files. Restart PC and try again.
    Last edited by ElvenKind; June 18, 2015 at 02:21 PM.

Ok I have deleted all of the strings.bin files, restarted, deleted map.rwm, booted up TATW and still isn't working.

See my edit in my previous post. Install these files and try again. If it doesn't work, uninstall TATW and reinstall it again, then test can you start a campaign. If you can, install these latest bugfix updates, and conquer Middle Earth!

Ok I'll reinstall it. I have tried the bugfixes. I'll update you on my progress!

Be sure to delete map.rwm file and all strings.bin files after installing bugfixes.

Good luck!

Running windows 10, tried the steps, can't get it to work. Using steam. The link you had said only the first step is to be followed if using steam, so I only tried the first step. I already had the permissions enabled.
    I'm using 3.1 and Samedi's modpack.

Any ideas ?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkeyyyy View Post
    Running windows 10, tried the steps, can't get it to work. Using steam. The link you had said only the first step is to be followed if using steam, so I only tried the first step. I already had the permissions enabled.
    I'm using 3.1 and Samedi's modpack.

Any ideas ?

Thanks.
    Baron Samedi submod is unstable for most of users, I wouldn`t recommend it.

It works, thank you very much.