Thread: Error When Attempting to Battle

Default Error When Attempting to Battle

Firstly i would like to apologize in advance for the informalities of this post, those being me being tired and my limited knowledge of computers. I recently puchased Medieval 2 and i run it great on my new machine. My friend however is a different story. He installed his game and everything is fine until the loading screen of the battle. The first couple times the screen went black then there was a red box in the middle of the screen that said something about a 'signal'. He attempted several other times to battle by restarting his computer. The final time he tried to battle it was a blue screen of death. The file of error being "atidvap" or something aproximate to that. It also said to make sure your hardware drivers are up to date. After restarting his computer the resolution is set very low. Im sure his computer does the minimum requirements of the game but am not certain. Would anyone be able to identify the possible problem or know a possible solution based on the limited amount of information provided? Thanks. -Chewch

vikrant's Avatar The Messiah of innocence

Default Re: Error When Attempting to Battle

well i am sure about first error
    the red sqare in the center of screen, thats ur resolution error ,it appears when ur mopnitor cant handle the specified resolution,
    lower the resolution for battle screen through game settings.
    Under the Patronage of CHANDRASHEKHAR AZAD {prarara}
    patron of selenius4tsd ; tornnight
    use report button to help us keep twc clean

Metellus's Avatar Civitate

"lower the resolution for battle screen through game settings"

A little off topic but I've checked Game Options and it has nothing like the amount of settings RTW had. For one I see no option to change resolution... thanks I am worried about the authenticity of my game (although I bought it at a 'decent' shop), since its an 11GB install, not the finalised 7Gb.

Please post your computer specs on both computers, then post the resolution of each monitor on the desktop and in the game. Also, ATI has more problems with Nvidia based on these forums, but some ATI cards can run the game flawlessly.
    Create a Multiplayer Army Online at: www.shogun2armycreator.netne.net
    Your Unofficial Shogun 2 Tech Support Genius
    Visit my Youtube Channel
    Shogun 2 and Star Wars: The Old Republic Gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/itsmymillertime

Metellus's Avatar Civitate

Have managed to sort out my graphics issues (I found the advanced options screen - duh!), and the game is running fine, but I am still wondering about the 11Gb install.