Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ricochet politics, Romanian style - after electing a German president, a Turkish lady gets a key cabinet position in Bucharest

Default Re: Ricochet politics, Romanian style - after electing a German president, a Turkish lady gets a key cabinet position in Bucharest

Quote Originally Posted by Dromikaites View Post
    It certainly does, if we consider grafter to be a race.
    Are you not specifically labeling out Sevil Shhaileh as a Muslim Turk?
    The Armenian Issue

Default Re: Ricochet politics, Romanian style - after electing a German president, a Turkish lady gets a key cabinet position in Bucharest

Quote Originally Posted by Setekh View Post
    Are you not specifically labeling out Sevil Shhaileh as a Muslim Turk?
    She is a Muslim Turk. And a grafter.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MareNostrum

She is a Muslim Turk. And a grafter.
    You're just hiding behind her supposed corruption while attacking her for being a Muslim and a Turk. That is racism and religious discrimination.
    The Armenian Issue

You're just hiding behind her supposed corruption while attacking her for being a Muslim and a Turk. That is racism and religious discrimination.
    And how would you know that?

Comes Domesticorum

Maybe I'm not too good at reading between the lines or making up the beliefs of others, but I can't say I see the racism the usual suspects are talking about, and I don't harbor any particular sympathy for the OP either.

Though again I'll have to ask since nobody replied before...is she a Turkish citizen?

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    Maybe I'm not too good at reading between the lines or making up the beliefs of others, but I can't say I see the racism the usual suspects are talking about, and I don't harbor any particular sympathy for the OP either.
    Else he would have discovered I am a Turkish hater and in the same time an Arab lover since I mention twice Mr. Raed Arafat as an example of how a honest and competent person got a top leadership position through hard and diligent work in spite of being immigrant, Arab and Muslim (3 major sins in the eyes of far-righters and nationalists).
    Though again I'll have to ask since nobody replied before...is she a Turkish citizen?
    That's irrelevant to the issue at hand, because multiple citizenship is legal.

Graft isn't.
    Last edited by Dante Von Hespburg; May 22, 2015 at 10:33 AM. Reason: off-topic removed.

Comes Domesticorum

Multiple citizenship isn't illegal, but I'm not sure how we're calling someone a Turk if they don't have Turkish citizenship. Beyond that, in many countries it is illegal to hold important posts if you have more than one citizenship.

Multiple citizenship isn't illegal, but I'm not sure how we're calling someone a Turk if they don't have Turkish citizenship. Beyond that, in many countries it is illegal to hold important posts if you have more than one citizenship.
    The only requirement is for the president to be born citizen. The only other legal requirement is to call a minority by its official name (in English that would be to use Jew instead of say, Kike or Yidd).

Odenat's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz Guderian View Post
    look here you. no one on this forum loves The Turk more than me. Something about them that i find fascinating and lovely. Sometimes i dream of being a Turk.

That being said, there is no way the Turkish navy could hold off the Russians ship to ship. Maybe in 20 years time when you guys upgrade your ships and subs, but if a fight broke out tomorrow, Russia would be landing little green men in Trabzonspor unopposed.

Your post makes absuletely no sense. Every Turkish warship is at NATO standarts, they have a well-trained and experienced crew. We are expanding our military industry and building 12 more warships and 4 new frigates.(Altough i don't know what we'll do with so many warships unless an invasion of Greece is imminent. Just joking Greek posters, no need to run in your shelters. )

I don't think NATO warships are so inferior to Russian counterparts thus with superior numbers, Turkish Black sea fleet have a distinct advantage, even without NATO support. Turkish air force is second to USA inside NATO. And in case of a prolonged conflict, we expect our NATO allies to show up, including Romania

Therefore, there's no need to be afraid. And if Romania is attacked by Russia, we promise to help you according to our NATO agreement. More so if we start buying electricity, oil, raw materials from you. Thus, chill out, everything is under control.

Quote Originally Posted by Odenat View Post
    I don't think NATO warships are so inferior to Russian counterparts thus with superior numbers, Turkish Black sea fleet have a distinct advantage, even without NATO support. Turkish air force is second to USA inside NATO. And in case of a prolonged conflict, we expect our NATO allies to show up, including Romania
    We're about to finish modernizing two British-made frigates, which would contribute to increased security in the Black Sea.
    Therefore, there's no need to be afraid. And if Romania is attacked by Russia, we promise to help you according to our NATO agreement. More so if we start buying electricity, oil, raw materials from you. Thus, chill out, everything is under control.
    I know everything is under control. Those who see Russia steamrolling everybody put too much faith in the Shirtless One.

And how would you know that?
    Perhaps because you keep referring to this woman as a Turkish Muslim?
    The Armenian Issue

Perhaps because you keep referring to this woman as a Turkish Muslim?
    And she isn't one?

And she isn't one?
    She's also 50 years old.
    The Armenian Issue

She's also 50 years old.
    Which might have some unpleasant consequences once she is imprisoned. A 20 years term might be equivalent to a life sentence at her age. Recently a corrupt judge got 23 years.

So, your point is what? That I should also mention her age, for the sake of accuracy?

Which might have some unpleasant consequences once she is imprisoned. A 20 years term might be equivalent to a life sentence at her age. Recently a corrupt judge got 23 years.

So, your point is what? That I should also mention her age, for the sake of accuracy?
    Why didn't you mention her age? You'd have us believe that her race and religion is not the focus of your thread. Yet, you talk about it substantially.
    The Armenian Issue

Why didn't you mention her age? You'd have us believe that her race and religion is not the focus of your thread. Yet, you talk about it substantially.
    I didn't mention her weight, hair color, height or color of the eyes either.

Gosh, we have a German president, a Turkish minister lady, and had previously couple Hungarian and pretty sure some Jewish and Armenian ones in the past. They are not even Orthodox Christians which isn't quite their mistake as they didn't had the luck to be born as such even if they could have corrected that by now. I don't know what is happening with this country.

More serious now, Dromi is right from what I understand (just learned about her), the lady is a protege of the former minister which was gently throw out of his position (for some silly reason but it was obviously needed something to make him go as he have quite some corruption skeletons in his closet and is a significant cleaning operation here these days).

I for one I am fine with people from minorities reaching such high positions as long as they are loyal to the country and are good professionals and correct people. Like the case with that Syrian or Palestinian (not sure about his origins) doctor that is secretary of state in Health minister and is very well seen by almost everybody (Dromi already mentioned him I think), and of course the President which is of German origin and who seem to be quite OK in doing his job.
    Last edited by diegis; May 22, 2015 at 11:17 AM.

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

Your post makes absuletely no sense. Every Turkish warship is at NATO standarts, they have a well-trained and experienced crew. We are expanding our military industry and building 12 more warships and 4 new frigates.(Altough i don't know what we'll do with so many warships unless an invasion of Greece is imminent. Just joking Greek posters, no need to run in your shelters. )

alright then. it pleases me immensely to see The Turk rising again.

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz Guderian View Post
    alright then. it pleases me immensely to see The Turk rising again.
    Yes, and all their neighbors hate them now.

I didn't mention her weight, hair color, height or color of the eyes either.
    Or her qualifications.