Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Released] Enhanced Particles

Default [Released] Enhanced Particles

Good everning everybody!

Originally released for Rome II, the popular Enhanced Particles modification has finally made it to Attila.

Enhanced Particles features improved visual effects on the battle map, making units kick up dust as they maneuver around and struggle for tactical supremacy. Unlike Rome II, the Attila version only features dust particles for desert environments currently. This may be changed to include other terrain types later on, depending on the feedback and requests we get as well as how much material there is to utilize.

Performance

Concerning the performance demands of the mod, it's worth knowing that it varies depending on the amount of troops involved in a battle. Generally the more, the more taxing the modification will be on your computer. A slight decrease in performance can be noticed if zooming in very close on the dust, but is otherwise similar or identical to what you would normally experience. If you're not sure if your PC can handle it - try it out!

Permission to use this work

Anyone is free to contact us for permission to use this mod in their own work, be it in the comment section or through a PM. We only ask that you credit the authors.

Download & Instructions

Download using the link provided below. It's in a zip folder together with the main image. Unpack to the data folder where Attila is installed. Enjoy!

Download Link

Regards,

Philip & the Ancient Empires Team
    Last edited by Sheridan; May 22, 2015 at 12:53 PM.
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

Default Re: [Upcoming] Enhanced Particles

Wow, looks nice, and certainly is a boost for immersion.

Looks awesome! I always like these mods, but can't the kicked up dust be a bit closer to the units? I understand have it a bit behind but it'd be nice if it was at the actual unit itself

It's a very early WIP version.

See the Rome 2 version for what Philip is going for here:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=358921596

18k subscribers can't be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudios View Post
    Looks awesome! I always like these mods, but can't the kicked up dust be a bit closer to the units? I understand have it a bit behind but it'd be nice if it was at the actual unit itself
    As ABH said it's still a work in progress. That will most certainly be the case. One of the greater challenges about this in Attila is to ensure it doesn't cost too much performance.

Awesome! I consider the Rome 2 version to be an essential mod, so I'm excited to see how you build on that work and on what's already in Attila.

How much will this lower performance? Would it be possible to have it as a checkbox?

You need to run the game on high particle settings as far as I know, so that's the way to select/deselect it. On performance, we haven't compared it yet to provide any conclusive information on that. The best you can do is to try it once it's out and see how well it runs - the basic version should not be very demanding.

Already mentioned it on the other threads, but if anyone is interested in trying out the mod before its release and provide feedback, that would be much valued as we really need a couple of more opinions at this stage.

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Default Re: [Released] Enhanced Particles

Mate i want to download it but google chrome give me this kind of crap , any media fire link perhaps ? or steam one is ok

Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Back to safety haha My anti-virus program (AVG) never detected any issues with sendspace thus far, but who knows. The Steam link should work fine, I don't have a mediafire account unfortunately at this time so cannot offer an alternative link there.

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Hey Guys,

I'm a HUGE fan of enhanced & extended particles mods for Rome 2; but with the impending release of AE, will this be built in the the release of AE or will it continue to exist as a separate mod? I managed to get the particles to work in Rome 2 with only a bit of difficulty, but remember having issues getting it to work on Attila.

I'd appreciate any feedback and am looking forward to the late September release!

The particle enhancement will be featured as a submod on release day

Excellent! Thanks for the prompt feedback, Sheridan.

Will the mod and submods be available thru Steam workshop or will that get a delayed release?

Particles are already done so they will be available immediately. Some other sub mods, probably campaigns and such, will take a while longer. The mod will be on the workshop but will require an additional outside download due to the size (currently at around 3.1 GB when compressed I believe but could be wrong
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

i cant tell a difference, do i need to make sure a certain graphics setting it maxed to see it?

Quote Originally Posted by creekside View Post
    i cant tell a difference, do i need to make sure a certain graphics setting it maxed to see it?
    Yes, you need the particle settings maxed out. I am not wrong in assuming you're using this for Rome II only, as it isn't an Attila mod?

Any chance that we'll get an full, all terrain release of this wonderful work? There isn't anything quite like it

The download link is kill, it seems.

So uh....is this ever going to get its own, proper release?

I love the Rome 2 version and considerate a must have in order to play that game. Really wish it would be made available for Attila. The download link in the OP has been dead for some time...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast