Thread: About startpos modding (Help and Questions)

Captain Orange's Avatar Libertus

Default About startpos modding (Help and Questions)

Hi.

I just read this post on how to remove fog of war. But I got some questions.

- do I need to conquer ALL the territories of the minor faction for the LOS to work, or just at least one will do the trick?
    - can the same LOS from the said minor faction be applied to other minor factions?

If the answer is no, then may I request a save game with all the regions conquered? Hope you guys can help me. Thanks.

PS: if you guys have a save game with the whole Mughal Empire conquered, I'll really appreciate it.

Default Re: About startpos modding (Help and Questions)

I just got unhandled exception error from the esf editor. Any way to fix this?

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Just a suggestion - you could try a different ESF Editor, if you have not already done that. I think that at least three versions are available from the 'Tools, Tutorials and Resources' section. (If I remember correctly, husserlTW said that he found that different ESF Editors worked better for different tasks.)

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Just a suggestion - you could try a different ESF Editor, if you have not already done that. I think that at least three versions are available from the 'Tools, Tutorials and Resources' section. (If I remember correctly, husserlTW said that he found that different ESF Editors worked better for different tasks.)
    OK, I changed to 1.4.5.

How about the fog of war? Do I need the exact LOS of that certain region to remove FOW? Can it also apply to other regions?

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Sorry, I don't know the answers to your questions (I have unlocked Louisiana, New Spain and the Thirteen Colonies, but they did not have fog of war so I have not needed to remove it). Hopefully someone else will know the answers to your questions.

OK, thanks.

Anyways, I think there's some bug with Sweden. When I send an Indiaman to the trade spots it doesn't generate nodes (and money). Any way to fix this?

you are referring to an totally unpatched version,
    i did fix it on page 27 or so,
    the bug was that the trade didnt work if the home region had a resource,
    so i changed the fur market to a 2nd iron workshop in Gothenburg IIRC.

I have said it before and i say it again, the prepatch, altho a couple of better features than patched,
    is ungodly prone to crashes
    Last edited by poa; May 30, 2015 at 08:30 AM.
    My 6 2nd rates routed in horror from 1 brig + 1 5th rate on auto-resolve....