Thread: Duchy of Bavaria bug?

Default Duchy of Bavaria bug?

Guys, playing Duchy of Bavaria by turn 20 and something with everything all right (just the occasional ctd), when taking Bayeruth's capital the game simply freezes.

After choosing either to occupy, sack or exterminate, the mouse keeps with the circling hre loading symbol, some notifications drop by the left side (which can't be clicked), a bayeruth army still shows inside the settlement (soldier carrying flag, not just the flag) and I can only quit the game via task manager.

Is this a bug or something?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Duchy of Bavaria bug?

I wonder if that might be script related - but without a log it's difficult to say.

I have often seen this, the spinning cursor eventually resolves itself, though it may depend on available memory. The game seems to have trouble with the destruction and re-emergence of Bayreuth.

In my experience, if you wait long enough, the right thing happens.

How does Bayreuth reemerge? Some factions can do that or all?

There is a script that allowed some factions to re-emerge in version 1 of the mod, after they were destroyed. These were non-playable factions. I believe this currently happens only with Bayreuth among playable factions. The Ottomans and Siebenburgen (non-playable) can also re-emerge.