Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015/2016 football transfer thread

torongill's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: 2015/2016 football transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by HigoChumbo View Post
    Just a quick heads up, the Spanish press pretty much leaves for confirmed that Ancelotti is leaving Madrid. They say the president has already told his representative. They are also speaking of a bombastic 120 million € offer for Cristiano by PSG and about Manchester waiting to see what happens. (please, make this part true PSG or Manchester...)
    I don't see that happening, unless RM can get De Gea, Chicharito in return, but then they'd need a really good right winger(if Bale goes on the left side). At least it will mean more people tracking back and fighting for the ball, but I don't think there's any substance to it.

Florentino Perez would be losing his marketing gem, even though it would mean offloading a huge salary off the books and 100m euro in the transfer chest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernicus II View Post
    What's EB?
    "I Eddard of the house Stark, Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North, sentence you to die."
    "Per Ballista ad astra!" - motto of the Roman Legionary Artillery.
    Republicans in all their glory...

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by torongill View Post
    Florentino Perez would be losing his marketing gem
    Wouldn't that be a dream come true? (at least for those who would rather have Madrid play football matches than fashion shows)

Well Ancelotti is gone. ( probably to coach City my guess.)
    Here in Portugal rumor has it the benfica manager Jorge Jesus is an option for the seat. But i wonder what will happen with Klop now free.

Both of these managers would have imo a dificult time outside their countries i think because of language barrier, that said, im not sure how much of it realy is an obstacle. Its not like they didnt coach foreign players in their teams before...
    football wise, I dont see Jorge Jesus in any other leagues safe for the Spanish or the Italian one, but if you want a cohesive team... Jesus is the man for the job for certain, he is knowned for its coehsive teams.
    then there is Klopp wich is klopp, and probably would end up getting the job me thinks Due to star power, and being the novel coach at the moment.

And i might missing some other candidate i bet lol.

PS: Oh yeah Rafa benitez has been in the rumors as well.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; May 25, 2015 at 02:23 PM.

Kraut and Tea's Avatar Campidoctor

Der Spiegel claims Ancelotti is taking a one year break from football:

http://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussball...a-1035480.html

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

Steve McLaren sacked as Derby coach, probably due to a miserable end to season and flirting with Newcastle, well guess he may be free to go there.

Ancelotti may be attractive to Liverpool or Man City - OK both currently have managers but both are probably on the edge of being sacked too, Klopp at Liverpool, Ancelotti at City?

Quote Originally Posted by Ybbon View Post
    Steve McLaren sacked as Derby coach, probably due to a miserable end to season and flirting with Newcastle, well guess he may be free to go there.

Ancelotti may be attractive to Liverpool or Man City - OK both currently have managers but both are probably on the edge of being sacked too, Klopp at Liverpool, Ancelotti at City?
    I see Mclaren going to Newcastle or Sunderland - probably Newcastle. Hopefully not Newcastle though since I actually like the guy and wouldn't wish that poison chalice on anyone. Still not convinced we did the right thing getting rid of him. Sounds like we might be trying to replace him with Ancelottis second in command and make him the highest paid manager in the championship.

I think Klopp said he was going to take a break as well didnt he? I also thought Guardiola was linked with Man City?

Default GG Real Madrid. Ancelotti sacked.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32877349

Once again, Real Madrid fire a decent manager for no reason. When asked what Ancelotti did wrong, Perez replied "I don't know".

Benitez has emerged as the front runner (god help them), though Klopp also appears to be in the picture.

discuss.

Interesting. I wonder were will Ancelotti go and who will replace me. I bet on City and Benitez.

Default Re: GG Real Madrid. Ancelotti sacked.

We are already discussing in transfer thread :p

Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: GG Real Madrid. Ancelotti sacked.

Well, as said, if Klopp is the authoritative coach who doesn't allow the team's executives to influence his decissions as they say he is, then I'm honestly all in for him.

I also like Benitez, a Madrid fan with plenty of experience. I'm not sure he will be up to the task tho.

As for Ancelotti, I will neither applaud Florentino for his decission nor cry inconsolably. He was a good manager, I believe his personality fit Real Madrid like a glove (again, specially after Mourinho), and he will be forever remembered and loved for the 10th. Champions League. That said, it's not the end of the world, and he was not a perfect manager either. The lack of rotations has brought the team to an awful form in the second half of the season and that in turn led to his insistence on putting Ramos as a defensive midfielder in the semifinals against Juve, which was a truly awful display. I still don't understand why he kept Cristiano taking all the free kicks.

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

I've moved the posts about Ancelotti's firing here, it is all transfer speculation so it is better to have one thread than multiple ones with slightly different targets/rumours.

Adar's Avatar Just doing it
    Civitate

How common is it that clubs pay for managers?

I have always felt that defensive players are undervalued in the transfer market. But Alan Pardew for 3,5 million pound seems like an absolute steal when you compare the seasons of Crystal Palace and Newcastle.

I think you can put that in the special circumstances box. Newcastle is a shambles. They brought in a man clearly not fit for the job. Palace was a shambles. Neil Warnock? I mean, come on... He has replaced the worst man in the league and was replaced by the worst manager.

He's been impressive at Palace. I'll not take that away from him. However, they were an underperforming club.
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

Gatsby's Avatar Punctual Romantic

Bild are saying that Klopp may not take a break if Liverpool come after him. Sehr interessant.

Though I have a bad feeling that the Brodge will somehow persevere at Liverpool. Tbh so long as FSG continue to pay Champions League prices for Europe League players I don't know how much the club can improve.
    Last edited by Gatsby; May 28, 2015 at 03:23 PM.
    You'll have more fun at a Glasgow stabbing than an Edinburgh wedding.

Under the patronage of the mighty Dante von Hespburg

Benitez signed for Real ,he also said that he is admiring Sterling .
    http://www.realmadrid.com/en/news/20...th-real-madrid
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32985804

Citizen

Blog Entries

They say he has asked for one player per line, and now that they've got Casemiro back for the defense, word is on De Gea as keeper, Verrati as defensive midfielder, Sterling for the wing and Kun Agüero for the attack.

Underwhelming, but better than nothing. And definatelly much better to sign in 5 good players than an overrated star that costs as much as all of them combined.

About Benitez, I like him, he is a life long Madrid fan and a good coach with experience, but I fear that he hasn't managed to limit Florentino's decissions in the team, which will leave me forever wondering how would things would have gone if it had been Klopp instead of him.
    Last edited by HigoChumbo; June 04, 2015 at 02:59 AM.

De Gea and Agüero are really, really good though. If Agüero hadn't had his injury problems then he would be rated amongst the best five strikers in this world. But he has his injury problems. So that sucks.

Sterling isn't good enough.
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishoss View Post
    De Gea and Agüero are really, really good though. If Agüero hadn't had his injury problems then he would be rated amongst the best five strikers in this world. But he has his injury problems. So that sucks.

Sterling isn't good enough.
    I am completely disagree with you.
    Most of his success are because of very good midfielders behind him.In my opinion he is not even meat the quality of a top class striker.
    Every one knows that Iran was the weakest team in Argentina's group in 2014 world cup(or maybe the weakest team of the tournament)but Agüero couldn't even do a serious threat for Iran's defense.
    I think when you compare the Argentinian strikers you will find him the weakest compare to Tevez and Messi and higuain.
    All of the above three are better at all terms except speed!
    Our great god AHURA MAZDA demands:
    "Good thoughts of the mind, Good deeds of the hand, and Good words of the tongue"

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Agüero is the dogs nuts, when fully fit, but his fitness is a constant issue.

The merry go round for Le Arse DM' position has started with news that Schniderlain may join Utd (some reports personal terms have been agreed) and Wenger is gazing longingly at Kondogbia. Can't help but feel Wenger's now traditional dithering has allowed the man he wanted to have his head turned by another (Utd) club. Really thought, following the capture of Sanchez, that Wenger had learned his lesson in that respect. Then again, maybe Kondogbia was his target all along. I expect Kondogbia to go to City. By which point Wenger might consider a move for Carvalho (who will go to Inter) which will give Wenger a clear run at some Le League 2 unknown.

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Milner signed for Liverpool, it's official.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!