I've been having a go at Sicily in MTWII on hard/hard, and about 120 turns into the campaign, all I've done is take Granada, Algiers, Tunisia (Just lost this) and my home two provinces of Sicily. I'd consider myself not a bad player, but perhaps a cautious one, and right now I am facing a juggernaut of spanish might as I try and make leeway into Spain. Although I've been at war with the HRE for years, they haven't and will not ever seem to advance into Southern Italy, but for the most part I've reached a stalemate.

While I'd ask for advice on how to go from here, I'd also ask of opinions on what I should do if I start a new campaign. I thought about going east into Byzantium, and keeping my eyes for when the HRE Is excommunicated and I can advance into northern Italy. What I am thinking is that this is somewhat like a weaker Rome from RTW - You can't go off into egypt, N. Africa or Spain until you have Italy under your heel, which is what I tried to do with only two provinces.

I could give up trying to make way into Spain, and just focus on the moors, but I really don't like the idea of letting the Spanish regroup. Besides those stacks, there is only two (A garrison and a leader) in northern spain.