Page 9 of 213 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459109 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa Barbarorum 2.08e is released!

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum 2.02 is released!

Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Installation worked perfectly. The game regenerated all the files except audiotest_regions_and_settlement_names.txt.strings.bin and credits.txt.strings.bin, but it doesn't seem to use those anyway.
    Question: a number of units in the EDU have the attribute 'frighten_horse' - is this an EB-specfic thing? All the documentation says that it should be 'frighten_mounted'. If you check the in-game descriptions of units with the 'frighten_' attributes, 'frighten_foot, frighten_horse' says it frightens nearby enemy infantry. 'frighten_foot, frighten_mounted' says it frightens nearby enemy. 'frighten_mounted' on its own says nothing.
    Good spot; I suspect that's a mistake, though it isn't returning any kind of error. We'll get that sorted in the next release, but it isn't important enough to re-issue the whole pack (and probably wouldn't be savegame compatible).

Quote Originally Posted by turbo4400 View Post
    tried playing a game as koinon hellenon and on the first turn i was supposed to go into the red after spending all my money to take out macedonia quickly, but i got 5k in "additional income". Should that be happening?
    Are you absolutely certain you installed 2.02b, and not 2.02a? When did you download the patch - it's only been available since yesterday evening. This shouldn't be happening in 2.02b (and I haven't observed it in my Epeiros game).

Go into your [your M2TW directory]\mods\EBII\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\ folder and look for the campaign_script.txt - what's the date on it? It should be 20/5/14 12:22.

EDIT: I did, however, spot an error in the withdrawal of assistance part of the code - the Seleukids get nothing and KH get double.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; May 21, 2015 at 08:55 AM.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by madmatg View Post
    Does the AI calculate in multiple stacks if it has them? Or if you had full stack in the city the ai would never siege it because it couldn't get to 125%?
    Nah, it's fine. CA (the game developers) and 99% (for example third age) of the mods I've seen have it at 170% (which is CA's default configuration) of the enemy stacks strength or above 170% which means less sieges but bigger stacks when besieging if they get around to it.

Anyway, the CAI will use it's other armies to reinforce for the siege if it needs to or use a better quality stack.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Gotcha z3n thanks!

At turn 15 with the original 2.02b. All small factions have not moved from their home territory yet. But y'all said it should be slower expansion so I'll check back once I get to 40
    Last edited by madmatg; May 21, 2015 at 03:59 AM.

Gotcha z3n thanks!

At turn 15 with the original 2.02b. All small factions have not moved from their home territory yet. But y'all said it should be slower expansion so I'll check back once I get to 40
    Interesting, in my game (also at turn 15), there's been a brisk exchange between KH and Makedonia. Whether that's because I'm Epeiros nearby I don't know, but KH took Korinthos and tried to also take Demetrias, but were checked.

I'll keep my eyes on it, another question, I'm Rome, I have way stations and garrisons in capua and ariminum and it's popping up telling be to build a colony but the colony doesn't seem to be available to build in the building last. Before it always showed up, in 2.02 it did also.

I'll keep my eyes on it, another question, I'm Rome, I have way stations and garrisons in capua and ariminum and it's popping up telling be to build a colony but the colony doesn't seem to be available to build in the building last. Before it always showed up, in 2.02 it did also.
    I changed the closing monitor on it, perhaps I need to revert to the original one. Hmmmm.

EDIT: Can people check whether any of the colonisation types (Hellenistic, Roman, Punic) are working?
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; May 21, 2015 at 07:06 AM.

You should Change the OP and thread title if its been updated to 2.02b

Quote Originally Posted by Orphydian View Post
    You should Change the OP and thread title if its been updated to 2.02b
    I did change the OP. Changing title now.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post

EDIT: Can people check whether any of the colonisation types (Hellenistic, Roman, Punic) are working?
    It doesn't (Roman). Says I've got colonists, but I can't send them

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum 2.02b is released!

I'm going to have to look at the campaign script again; I think a rewrite of all the colonist systems, into something simple enough for the AI to use, is in order. Sorry anyone who was hoping this was it.

Still, feedback on the battle mechanics and general movement of CAI would be good.

Alright, I've put up 2.02c, sorry to anyone who's gotten well into a campaign, but it's not savegame compatible. For the time being, I've reverted to the old colony point script, which should be functional, after a fashion. That might be "unlimited colony points", and the AI can't use it, but it's better than none.

In the meantime, I'm going to try to come up with a new system that doesn't rely on button clicks and different scripts for player and AI.

Just tried some campaign-starts with 2.02b. It seems, that with Makedonia and Ptolemaians, you get the settlers message right from the start and colony-building shows up in the building-options. So everything seems to work with them. With Koinon Hellenon you get the message too, but no colony building option in any of their citys. Don't know, if this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by QKuhlmann View Post
    Just tried some campaign-starts with 2.02b. It seems, that with Makedonia and Ptolemaians, you get the settlers message right from the start and colony-building shows up in the building-options. So everything seems to work with them. With Koinon Hellenon you get the message too, but no colony building option in any of their citys. Don't know, if this helps.
    KH can't build military colonies, only new polis buildings with their settlers (and only since 2.02a, they were forgotten about in 2.01).

With the others, it appears at the start, but then doesn't work after the first turn. So I've reverted to the old one for now.

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum 2.02c is released!

In Arverni test campaign I noticed that finance seems to be fixed now.

When I offered ransom for captured Aeudi troops they refused but their army still went back to their capital instead of getting slain on the campaign map. After that I wanted to check and led a pretty bad defeat. The Faction Leader got captured along with Batoroi and I refused Aedui's ransom and realised that the mechanic isn't working properly because refusal to pay ends of safe passage of troops just like accepting to pay.

After the defeat Aneiras the sad faction leader got a trait of Talented Leader which needs to be checked I think.

I noticed that the bodyguard unit of starting faction leader of Arverni, Aneiras (?) has Batoroi bodyguards instead of heavy cavalry unit like their the family member Bikaros oi Lugos. I wonder if this is intentional.

As for battle balance issues I see that cavalry charges look well now and they do their function properly without being useless nor battlegods.
    BAI did well in my two battles. On first battle he used his slingers on my manuevering troops and protected them actively with celtic spearman against a cavalry charge which was very probably to come. On the second battle he was rather passive but I saw that he formed his line of infantry well and didn't attack me like I wanted him to when I tried to bait him with close up flank sling fire. He took it like a man and when sling ammo was finished I had nothing else to do a tricky tactic.

I'd have to look into ransoms, I think they're mostly hardcoded, but I could be wrong.

The bodyguard of the Arverni starting FM is indeed Bataroi - I don't know why. Perhaps it was something unfinished, at the very least if they were going to get infantry it should be Argoi or some other elite.

Great to hear the BAI working well.

Hello,

Since you look a like you wish to check the historical accuracy of the dahae regions, I just wished to say that nisaya was already a huge fortress with semi settled people and stone walls and all, and it would be great to make it a small town or even l1to represent that.

Nysaya had wonderful architecture and palaces afterwards and the timeline we are in doesn't correspond to unsettled people.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Are you absolutely certain you installed 2.02b, and not 2.02a? When did you download the patch - it's only been available since yesterday evening. This shouldn't be happening in 2.02b (and I haven't observed it in my Epeiros game).

Go into your [your M2TW directory]\mods\EBII\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\ folder and look for the campaign_script.txt - what's the date on it? It should be 20/5/14 12:22.

EDIT: I did, however, spot an error in the withdrawal of assistance part of the code - the Seleukids get nothing and KH get double.
    works fine now with 2.02c

Since I'm already stalking this forum for years and actually bought Medieval II solely to play this very mod I thought it's time to step out of the shadows now as well... I updated my build to 2.02c and started a new campaign today with a faction I haven't touched at all so far: the Mamlaha biMassylim.
    I switched off the fog of war to watch the CAI and I have to say things really massively improved! Epeiros took Pella within the first 2 turns and defeated the counter force the Macedonian immediately mustered. Taras was taken by the Romans twice already and retaken by Epeiros each time who actually finally used their fleet to transport troops to Italy. Also the first time so early on in a campaign I played (I'm in turn 30 now) I watched Pergamon completely destroying the Ptolemaics in Asia Minor, taking Ephesos and Harlicarnassos from them before being stop (for now!) before Side. There is definitely going on much more now then with 2.02a/b.
    Though I noticed that non of the celtic factions gained any provinces yet neither in Iberia nor in central Europe, though they actually seem to train a lot of troops. But the rebel towns up there seem to have much larger stacks than on the rest of the map...
    Also noticed that there are absolutely no alliances going on at all (already witnessed that in 2.02a/b). Is that on purpose? As a test I tried to offer alliances to several factions as well but they all declined.

Though thank you alot for the update! It's as always great fun to play EB2!

Hi Rym!

Agression towards Pella was actually hoped for with the new CAI, so i'm really happy it finally started to work. Same goes for the Romans to actually want to get Taras soon. z3n did a really great job in this area it seems! Keep up with the updates on how it's going!