Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Roma Surrectum III preview: The new battle map enviroment

Default Re: Roma Surrectum III preview: The new battle map enviroment

Quote Originally Posted by Vardano View Post
    It is so hard not to ask "when"
    Even harder not to agree with you...

Alright, so the following happened: Since I joined the forum in 2010, out of all tw mods I only played RS. But, as for the last couple of weeks I couldnt wait any longer for RS3, and I started looking for some other mod to fill the void. So I started to play Europa Barbarorum. My first impression was a good one, I liked the detail and especially the "native languages" on the battlefield. And also the season restrictions etc. However, after a couple of days playing, I started to notice something.... something... not entirely my cup of tea...
    And then I suddenly realised: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOING TO TAKE FOREVER!!! With their 4 turns a year and all that... my god.. So after that I felt there was no point anymore of going through.

Anyway... now I abandoned my campaign and im back to waiting for RS3.

Sorry for the completely uninformative post.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Lt.Speirs View Post
    Alright, so the following happened: Since I joined the forum in 2010, out of all tw mods I only played RS. But, as for the last couple of weeks I couldnt wait any longer for RS3, and I started looking for some other mod to fill the void. So I started to play Europa Barbarorum. My first impression was a good one, I liked the detail and especially the "native languages" on the battlefield. And also the season restrictions etc. However, after a couple of days playing, I started to notice something.... something... not entirely my cup of tea...
    And then I suddenly realised: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOING TO TAKE FOREVER!!! With their 4 turns a year and all that... my god.. So after that I felt there was no point anymore of going through.

Anyway... now I abandoned my campaign and im back to waiting for RS3.

Sorry for the completely uninformative post.

Europa Barbarorum is like that, you play it for the long game and take advantage of all of its micromanagement stuff, its hard, but in my opinion its well worth it I do love RSII though and it will always hold a special place in ma heart which will no doubt be filled by RSIII when it eventually comes out

Quote Originally Posted by isa0005 View Post
    Europa Barbarorum is like that, you play it for the long game and take advantage of all of its micromanagement stuff, its hard, but in my opinion its well worth it I do love RSII though and it will always hold a special place in ma heart which will no doubt be filled by RSIII when it eventually comes out
    Yeah well I was playing h/h and I had more than 1,5 million gold before the polybian reforms... seriously I could buy the entire map if I wanted. I quess thats what you get after getting used to RS2's "trying to survive" playstyle

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

When we first released RS1, I recall one fellow who posted that his daughter loved the game. She called it 'Rome Total Shopping'...because you could buy anything on the map there was so much money!! I was mortified, crying, and laughing all at once. That certainly was not the intention. It took our team years of concerted effort to 'creatively' get RS2's economy under some sort of control...and even then, I've never been totally happy with it. A LOT depends on how people play, and you just can't predict that. So I feel for EB if what you say is the case. Theirs is a first effort in M2TW, and it's really hard to predict what the economy will look like several hundred turns down the road when you just can't play it long enough to test that, and still develop it. I'm sure they'll work on it and get it under better control.

On the other hand, I personally would rather err on the side of too much money than not enough. I've played mods where getting enough money to buy ANYTHING is more work than I want to put into it. You put all this neat stuff...buildings and units in the game, and then you're too poor to buy any of it!! Don't like it...so I do like a decent income.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

EB2's problem right now is that the economy is unbalanced . They are planning on cutting a lot of the trade income of larger empires to balance things out. In the next update they are also adding some buildings with penalties and not just bonuses.(like RS)

I also suggested the Civil War mechanic that RS has. I hope they will implement it in the future.

Vardan the Great's Avatar Campidoctor

The terrain and environment is much better than in rome2 and attila. Congrats guys, CA stuff can take some lectures from you.
    "An unexpected death is a death, an intended death - immortality"
    (c) Vardan Sparapet, before the Battle of Avarayr

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

The next version of your mod looks great, guys! Can't wait to play it! I've lately given a try to Rome 2, but that will never be the same as RS. Once it's released I might be able to help you testing it if you need, just let me know!

ferike_2007's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Vardan the Great View Post
    The terrain and environment is much better than in rome2 and attila. Congrats guys, CA stuff can take some lectures from you.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by seleukos99 View Post
    The next version of your mod looks great, guys! Can't wait to play it! I've lately given a try to Rome 2, but that will never be the same as RS. Once it's released I might be able to help you testing it if you need, just let me know!
    RSIII will be released soon as an 'open beta'......we're just doing a bit of in-house poking to find any glaring problems. (And fortunate that is, because we've found a few.)

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

I'm a long-time RS player (since well before 1.6) and would love to beta test RSIII, but haven't been able to track down the beta forum application.

As a side note, I've always run it under wine in Linux, which has led to me having very transparent information about crashes.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    RSIII will be released soon as an 'open beta'......we're just doing a bit of in-house poking to find any glaring problems. (And fortunate that is, because we've found a few.)
    Great to know! I will be checking the forum on a regular basis then.
    Last edited by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~; March 20, 2016 at 02:45 PM.

Is there any possibility to release it before the Easter break?It`s a nice time off so we don`t have to quit our jobs when it`s finally released..

how will RSIII work for steam users since an update long ago screwed on playing RSII...

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Will RSIII have new horse models too like Morfeasnikos did ?

If yes i could provide 6 Rusichi skins plus 3 more TGC varietions.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Tiro

What about unit stats in RS3 compared to RS2.6 -- will they change noticeably in any way?

„There can be greater mods than Roma Surrectum 2, but simply there are none!“, Zydrius

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Will RSIII have new horse models too like Morfeasnikos did ?

If yes i could provide 6 Rusichi skins plus 3 more TGC varietions.
    I haven't seem them, and they may be very nice, but no....RSIII's horses won't change. The reason is more one of mechanics......Tone made a lot of 'multi-models' for RSII units; models that use very different textures to create very different looking units, and the way horses are shared and distributed between various cavalry units was so hard and complicated that HE had to add them to DMB. I just couldn't understand them, but he knew what models did what, and what textures went where.

Quote Originally Posted by Zydrius View Post
    What about unit stats in RS3 compared to RS2.6 -- will they change noticeably in any way?
    No, there are really no significant changes to RSIII stats from 2.6. Also, the 2.6 stats will be available as an option anyway.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

I think you undersell your ability, DVK!!

But agree, the horse models like many of the units use of transparent textures to make the same model potentially look very different by masking out certain bits in one unit and revealing in another, and I'm not looking to redo those.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

HMonk's Avatar Decanus

I like money, lots and lots of money works for me.
    The Best Computer is Your Computer!

No, there are really no significant changes to RSIII stats from 2.6. Also, the 2.6 stats will be available as an option anyway.
    One thing I find odd in RS2.6 is that Hamata and Segmentata Legions have the same armour stats. Isn´t plate armour much more resistant than chainmail armour? You could increase the armour stat for Segmentata but make them slower because they carry more weight.