Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Roma Surrectum III preview: The new battle map enviroment

20ninescene's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Roma Surrectum III preview: The new battle map enviroment

I'm currently polishing the lighting and bloom settings What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    It is possible that the towered elephants will be reskinned, but there is no reason to do any others.
    I already reskinned those elephants (well actually 2/3 of the work was done by the EB team), but I still need to send them to you
    Quote Originally Posted by clone View Post
    shame to the roma surrect team.
    who do you thing you will fool by posing rome 2 enviroment as rome 1 . shame
    Are you being serious?
    Last edited by 20ninescene; July 15, 2015 at 06:01 AM.

clone's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by xXxXxXxEmo4everxXxXxXx View Post

I already reskinned those elephants (well actually 2/3 of the work was done by the EB team), but I still need to send them to you

Are you being serious?
    of course i am serious. this isnt rome 1. where are the ugly skies, where are the ugly enviroments
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

dalapto's Avatar Libertus

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

It looks great but how does it affect the UI?

Quote Originally Posted by clone View Post
    Of course I am serious. this isn't Rome 1. where are the ugly skies? where are the ugly environments?
    lol You're clearly not serious =P and if you were serious, it would mean that you don't know much about moddin' and how the total war engine works (and that's very unlikely for someone ho has 3286 posts on twc).
    In the first case, my thank to you for the compliment and you have a great sense of humor, man
    In the latter case, I'll post an uncropped screenshot with the UI visible =P
    Quote Originally Posted by dalapto View Post
    It looks great but how does it affect the UI?
    Well the bloom effect in RSIII affects the UI even less than in RSII 'cause the contrast comes from the lighting instead of the bloom effect. The bloom in RSIII is actually pretty foggy (in the settings it's the inverse of contrast), to the point where areas with little contrast seem blurred (it's actually not real blur, but the smeared signal being more visible than the area itself, if you look at the mountains in the background on my last screenshot you'll see what I mean). However text is & the UI are the parts of the screen with the highest contrast and will therefore not "blur" nor will it become over overbright (the bloom has an negative/inverse contrast). With one exception: at night battles the bloom will adapt to the low lightness and the screen will become brighter, and it will cause clipping, but don't worry it will be less than in Roma Surrectum II

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

What I think, apart the unquestionable fact that you should change your nick, it's that ... I've no words! WONDERFUL, wonderful, wonderful work! Congrats and +MEGA/REP!

clone's Avatar Primicerius

lol You're clearly not serious =P and if you were serious, it would mean that you don't know much about moddin' and how the total war engine works (and that's very unlikely for someone ho has 3286 posts on twc).
    In the first case, my thank to you for the compliment and you have a great sense of humor, man
    In the latter case, I'll post an uncropped screenshot with the UI visible =P

Well the bloom effect in RSIII affects the UI even less than in RSII 'cause the contrast comes from the lighting instead of the bloom effect. The bloom in RSIII is actually pretty foggy (in the settings it's the inverse of contrast), to the point where areas with little contrast seem blurred (it's actually not real blur, but the smeared signal being more visible than the area itself, if you look at the mountains in the background on my last screenshot you'll see what I mean). However text is & the UI are the parts of the screen with the highest contrast and will therefore not "blur" nor will it become over overbright (the bloom has an negative/inverse contrast). With one exception: at night battles the bloom will adapt to the low lightness and the screen will become brighter, and it will cause clipping, but don't worry it will be less than in Roma Surrectum II
    haha your work is art along wil dvk.seriouslu pall when i first saw your pics i thought they were from the rome 2 version of romasurrectum
    Last edited by clone; July 15, 2015 at 02:40 PM.
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

vasiooo's Avatar Libertus

Can we propose new units?

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Sorry....RS2 has no room for new units. Every slot is used....multiple times, in fact.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Wow, these screenshots are absolutely beautiful. You're very talented. When the mod is ready will it be available on Steam? I ask because RS II currently doesn't work with Steam.

Hi DVK, everything is looking good.
    Last edited by swhunter; July 22, 2015 at 12:11 PM.

Roma Surrectum Greek/Spartan Researcher/Tester.

Civis

Vasiooo, RS don't need of new units

HMonk's Avatar Decanus

WOW, I'v been away for a long time and look what you have did, version III, Super Cool DVK...
    The Best Computer is Your Computer!

It's very beautiful work. RS is the best of mod on the RTW. And the new environment is very pleasant for eyes.
    I hope RS III will be better RS II by the all parameters. Thank you for this masterpiece!

And when can we expect to be released ?

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

I am waiting for a few things to be finished...a few environment fixes, elephant model change, and a few other 'whatnots'....and then we will begin tesing.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

that sounds fantastic
    i´m happy to play the new build - once it´s released

Scipio praeditus's Avatar Decanus

Just decided to visit again after two years or more away, Rome 2 just doesn't do it for me like I remember RS did it.

Can't find my ~10 years old hardcopy, guess I'll have to get me a steam version, is Alexander still the advised base for RS III? Or is it Barbarian Invasion now, can't find BI anywhere not even in any of the collections.
    "The only question that remained was whether the founders knew the final result of their creation, or if they themselves where the victims of a misunderstanding.
    In the latter case it was the duty of any thinking human, to press himself into the front of this depraved movement, to perhaps still prevent the extreme, in the former case the founders of this peoples disease must have been true devils; for only in the brain of a monster - not of a human - could the plan for an organisation take meaningfull form, whose purpose must lead toward the end result of a collapse of human culture and thus to the desolation of the world.
    In this case only battle remained as a means of final delivery, battle with any weapons that the human mind, intellect and will are able to comprehend, regardless, of whom fate would gift with it's blessing."

Quote Originally Posted by Scipio praeditus View Post
    Just decided to visit again after two years or more away, Rome 2 just doesn't do it for me like I remember RS did it.
    Same here, havent checked the forum in a long time. This is great news. Really excited for the new mod been craving a little RTW.
    Lookin forward to the release.

Quote Originally Posted by Scipio praeditus View Post
    Can't find my ~10 years old hardcopy, guess I'll have to get me a steam version, is Alexander still the advised base for RS III? Or is it Barbarian Invasion now, can't find BI anywhere not even in any of the collections.
    The current steam version won't run RSII

Update

I just made new cliffs for roma surrectum
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: