Thread: 'Fewer Stacks, Shorter Battles' in 'IMPORTANT_STUFF'

Icon5 'Fewer Stacks, Shorter Battles' in 'IMPORTANT_STUFF'

Hello, just a quick question. I've sifted through other threads but can't seem to find an answer to this (please link me to a relevant thread if I've been unbelievably blind hehe ).

In the 'EDU changes' folder where the 'Fewer Stacks, Shorter Battles' folder is, do I simply copy the relevant export_descr_unit file to data folder of whatever campaign I'm playing? There's also a separate 'data' folder in the 'Fewer Stacks, Shorter Battles' folder. Do the files in that need to be copied over somewhere too? And for the other variants, like 'Fewer Stacks, Slightly shorter battles' etc, do they only apply to 0-turn roman campaigns? Since that's the only campaign folder inside those folders.

Thanks for any help, much appreciated.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Default Re: 'Fewer Stacks, Shorter Battles' in 'IMPORTANT_STUFF'

Well, it's a little complicated, but not that hard. If the campaign you want to play has an EDU.txt in it, then you need to copy the appropriate one from those folders. If the campaign you want to play does NOT have an EDU.txt in it, then you need to copy the one in the 'data' folder because that's the one used.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Thanks for the reply dvk901. That clears things up but, as I mentioned briefly, what about the variants of EDU changes which only have 'Play_Rome' inside their folder? Does that mean e.g. 'Fewer Stacks, Slightly shorter battles' can only be applied to rome 0-turn campaigns or all campaign types? Sorry to nag but I just want make sure I don't mess anything up (even though I am backing up the original .txt files as a safety measure).

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Yes, hwatever folders appear, those only apply to those campaigns.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Soooo. I replaced the 'play_rome_one_turn' EDU file with the one from the '_important_stuff' folder - for that same campaign - and an error comes up in the launch splash screen. There's a script error in line 3454, column 52 in the EDB file concerning 'allied germanic cavalry'. The message says 'unrecognised unit'. I looked in the modified EDU file and it seems that unit is missing. However, on copying that unit's details from the original EDU, a different error comes up saying that the 'maximum unit number' has been exceeded for the EDU file.

Any ideas?

Same thing happens to me. Seems the submod is made for RS 2.6 and cannot be used for RS 3.0. So there is no way to have lesser stacks and faster battles? That would be a godsend for 0-turn campaigners like me, who like the dynamics of 0-turn, just desperately want the overall stack number to be like roughly 2/3 of what it is now in RS 3.0. Oh well, mod is still excellent either way!
    Last edited by Octavius-Augustus; January 23, 2017 at 12:13 PM.

Why do you need shorter battles?

I need more men (12,000 at least now that the new Alex-engine is out, i hope the RS-team catches the ball on this one).
    That is what makes RS epic (besides the EB or SPQR-modds)...