Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Total War: ATTILA - Assembly Kit Hotfix!

Default Re: Total War: ATTILA - Assembly Kit Hotfix!

So this thing still doesn't work, good grief? Owning one of these games is more of a prolonged headache than an actual enjoyable escape from daily living.
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by stevehoos View Post
    So this thing still doesn't work, good grief? Owning one of these games is more of a prolonged headache than an actual enjoyable escape from daily living.
    They have no obligation to fix it within the timeframe you have in mind.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Actually 3ds max is free for students. As long as you use it for non-profit.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...0#post14574120
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Quote Originally Posted by GrudgeNL View Post
    I thought it might work you know, at release, but I guess that's too much to ask. I have no obligation to buy another one of CA's games now that you mention it.

Quote Originally Posted by stevehoos View Post
    I thought it might work you know, at release, but I guess that's too much to ask. I have no obligation to buy another one of CA's games now that you mention it.
    You've never been under any obligation to buy one of CA's games. But it seems you still do.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

The patch should hopefully fix all of these issues when released today.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.J View Post
    If you are skilled programmer you can create cmapaign map tool having only game and nothing more.
    That worked in Med2 and would prob work here too but it would definitely be a lot more work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primergy View Post
    Thats . CA doesn't develop a campaign map editor because the community doesn't need a campaign map mod tool.

Of those who are screaming for campaign map tools, who experimented with the fully modable campaign map in shogun? No one? I thought so.

There were 3 guys who are/were working with the campaign map tools in shogun. Uanime, Spartan Warrior and me. Of course, CA noticed this and saw, that while the community is very good at screaming and ranting for campaign modding, it isn't able and willing to put the effort into it, to learn how to mod the campaign.
    Logical decision is to develop the tweak and unit editor tools, because thats the thing the community is using the most.
    I understand your point. I didnt attempt to mod because you guys beat me to it... More regions mod was released and there wasnt much more you could do to improve on that. So I didnt have much interest in modding Shogun IIs map and a total conversion would take a mod team.

Rome IIs map, obviously, has more potential. But just modding in more regions is something I would do. I understand the lack of community campaign mods for Shogun II but face it that was a game focused on a region of Asia that was very homogeneous.

Quote Originally Posted by von stoker View Post
    You've never been under any obligation to buy one of CA's games. But it seems you still do.
    Yeah, it took them a year to make Rome 2 playable, I guess I need more patience.

In other news, did a hotfix come, I have been out of town?

Ted is now working I was able to create a flat map and added some props int and it worked
    But I'm still having problems with Terry I'm not even able to open It crashes instantly

the "cas2_exporter.dle" plugin for 3ds Max fails to export the vanilla files to the cs2 format.

I tried changing the start pos - regions entries by replacing langobeards and thurines (the owning factions of germania) with allemans. When I try making the MOD PACK, when it processes the start pos it starts the game which then crashes, resulting in failing the process of start pos. Can someone help me or tell me how I change the settlements owner when starting the grand campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by centoor View Post
    I tried changing the start pos - regions entries by replacing langobeards and thurines (the owning factions of germania) with allemans. When I try making the MOD PACK, when it processes the start pos it starts the game which then crashes, resulting in failing the process of start pos. Can someone help me or tell me how I change the settlements owner when starting the grand campaign?
    Hi, try this helpful guide http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...e-Assembly-Kit, which is for Rome II, but I have been changing region ownership in Attila and Rome II and it should be similar in both. There so might be required to do more than to just change the region ownership. The earlier faction's units and generals need to be removed at some cases and also the faction capital should be only 1 for each faction. I'm not sure if there are more things too, but the guide is very useful.

About the topic:
    I can't open Terry, it opens, but after a few second it crashes, without that I'd do anything. I hope the update today, will fix it.
    Last edited by Natlev; December 10, 2015 at 06:24 AM.

Get your Assembly hot fix right here! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by GrudgeNL View Post
    LOL, this ironic, it's almost 2016 now.

Hello. I stopped following the case since the judgment of tracking Rome 2 Total War , but where is the development tool to fully recreate a map ( Europe? Fancy ? World? ) With the scale of our choice , the size of our choice, for modding ? What is CA 's position on this issue to date? Refuse they always the thing and if so why?
    RTW 1 fan - betrayed, disillusioned, disgusted with Rome 2.
    My thematic camping project on autonomy ==> http://www.camping-la-ressource.fr/

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by super_newbie_pro View Post
    Hello. I stopped following the case since the judgment of tracking Rome 2 Total War , but where is the development tool to fully recreate a map ( Europe? Fancy ? World? ) With the scale of our choice , the size of our choice, for modding ? What is CA 's position on this issue to date? Refuse they always the thing and if so why?
    Because they had had their fill, that's why! Hahahahahahah!!!! SEGA pays the bills, and CA doesn't need modders any more (long time now). The sales numbers are good = screw modding.

Give them half-made games, scraps for tools, and they'll still walk in to buy CA stuff - not to mention keeping forums alive for nobody's sake.

Hope this covers you

I dream, one day maybe, where mod teams will be able to create a full new europe map for Rome II total war AND Attila Total War (with new tools from CA ? CA youhou ? CA pleasseeeee !!! Since Empire total war , we expect the tools to do that!) with an big scale of map like the Caesar DLC = big big big europe map !! I speak about the map of europe, but this kind of tool would allow us to create more maps, other countries, to redraw the map of Middle Earth from Lord of the Rings , etc ...
    RTW 1 fan - betrayed, disillusioned, disgusted with Rome 2.
    My thematic camping project on autonomy ==> http://www.camping-la-ressource.fr/

Hmmm, there's so much to do... CA, maybe you can just start with some small fixes to make everyones life easier? For example, the standard_lighting_assembly_kit shader seems to be a bit broken, too.

This happens when we want to test normal map details like smooth edges without going through the whole process of converting everything to game format:

It's a pity and annoying that we had to spent hours because we thought that the shading issue in the 3ds Max viewport is related to a bad normal map. But then we realised that everything is fine and that the shading errors are probably caused by a corrupted shader itself.

Some info about the texture setup:

• diffuse: blank mid-value greyscale (128,128,128)
    • normal: tangent space
    • gloss: blank mid-value greyscale (128,128,128)
    • level: blank mid-value greyscale (128,128,128)
    • specular: blank mid-value greyscale (128,128,128)

Some info about the AssemblyKit material:

• shader: standard_lighting_assembly_kit
    • rigid_material: default (the rigid_material parameter has to be added manually, but it is essential for a successful conversion to game format! )
    • used texture slots: diffuse, normal, smoothness, reflectivity, specular

As you can see everything is kept as simple as possible and I highly likely didn't use any special settings in 3ds Max so it looks like the shading issues relate to the standard_lighting_assembly_kit shader. That's very bad because we're not able to check normal maps efficiently then (shading artifacts are often caused by normal map related issues, too, but with a bugged shader it's impossible to distinct between normal map related and shader related issues).

Maybe someone is able to fix this as I suppose this isn't one of the biggest issues?
    ------------- under the patronage of wangrin --------------

~~~~~~~ Total War: Rise of Mordor at ModDB ~~~~~~~

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123