Thread: Prussian Discipline (Prussian AAR)

Default Prussian Discipline (Prussian AAR)

Second Time Playing NTW; Third AAR.
    Game Details:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Vanilla: True
    Goal: World Domination
    Difficulty: Normal
    Nation: Prussia

Chapter I(Introduction):
    Chapter I (Introduction):
    Opening a speech in Brandenburg Hall to His Aristocratic Government and General Staff Friedreich States the Following: “We, of the Great State Prussia need to stop this period of National Decline. We shall start a period of economic and military mobilization of unheard proportions. We shall feed on the weak; and if one member here either Federal' or of the General Staff disagrees with our new approach to diplomacy' they should exit themselves from Prussia immediately. I do not want to hear the costs of defeat, for I do not think of it.”
    Last edited by flatline115; May 14, 2015 at 12:10 AM.

Default Re: Prussian Discipline (Prussian AAR)

Chapter II:

After the speech given to his men he calls for a meeting in Bulleuve with the Secretary of War and Navy. After reaching the Palace, they enter into the King's personal' headquarters. Friedreich tells Wilhem “We should see to it that we seize Dresden – a potential industrial epicenter of our Reich by the end of the winter.” Wilhem retorts “With all due respect Sire the General Staff hadn't even been informed before your speech that we were going to expand; it isn't like we've invasion plans for this!”

Friedreich responds “I do not care. We're a great power facing a tiny city state with little power. How do you expect me to take you seriously, when we should have enough men to attack, now.” Walther chimes in “If the General Staff of the Army hadn't thought of the possibility, then what've they been doing?” Friedreich thinks for a moment and states“I shall give the job of masterminding the offensive to Field Marshal Louis Ferindand. He shall lead his sixth army with some reinforcements from Stettin to Dresdan. I am bypassing your department on this one, good day, Wilhem.”

In a fit of despair Wilhem gets up and removes himself from the meeting. “Onto Better ideals,eh?” “Now then, I wish to expand trade into Spain and France”“Isn't the general consensus that we will be joining the Coalition”“See that's the thing. If we join we've to deal with the greatest general since perhaps, Caesar Himself. We need to buy time to strike France.” “Very well then.. I shall create the naval forcesrequired to do such a thing, Good 'Day”.

Chapter III:

News of Friedreich's decision had reached Field Marshal Louis Ferindand. He decides that striking by early february will be key in taking the initiative.Surely he may not be ready but neither is his enemy. Furthermore, the overall goal will be to strike in the open where Prussian Artillery from Stettin can be used most effectively.

And thus he begins hismarch. He reaches the doorstep of Dresdan by February 1st upon which the codeword “Green” is set Friedreich himself and thus a formal declaration of war is made. In the announcement hestates “A tiny Germanic state must be saved from the conquest of Austrian Totalitarians. In order to preserve Germany we must decimate any attempt to interfere with them”

The Battle of Dresdan had begun. Louis Ferdinand a master of mobility would be facing Ludwig Frommel the Marshal of his respective state. Ferdinand believes that mobility and attacking from all points is the key to victory. He is aman of mobile warfare and vehemently hates the more traditional,static warfare of yesteryear. Ludwig himself is a disciple of the traditional static warfare. And thus this is according to Louis “A true testament to the direction of warfare”.

For mobility and working the flanks, Friedreich splits his army up into three groups. Left, Centre and Right. The centre is armed with the 4th and 5th Artillery regiment as well as 1st and 2nd Line,1st Light foot and 1st Grenadiers.

The right had 3rd and 4th Line and 2nd foot as well as 3rd and 4th Artillery regiments.

The left had 2nd and 3rd Light foot and 5th line

Friedreich had decided that keeping a strong center was key to funneling the enemy into the center after crushing their flanks – where they would be utterly annihilated. He had sent the Center – including artillery incredibly close to the enemy.

Some would call this a fools mistake; and it was. The orders to stop hadn't reached the artillery till it was too late. So reluctantly, he had to move in awave of support, known as his left flank to help maintain balance against the enemy and not be overrun by superior numbers!

Support had arrived just in time, “There's just too god damn many of them!” shouted Private Emil Fisch of 1st Grenadier. Lieutenant RudolfKittel retorted “You're of good Prussian blood, these pesky Dresdians can't shine your boots! Show this too them and we will break through!”.

Despite the local superiority, the training and tactics of Prussia had succeeded in the centre-left and thus penetration had been achieved. With the enemy wavering 2nd Dragoon smashed into the enemy line at full speed crushing the morale of the enemy.

Furthermore in order to counter a flank, units of the right move up and out flank the enemy in a pincer movement; sealing the fate of that unit for good.

To end enemy resistence they then move and enclose the pocket of enemies fighting the Centre-right; and as the enemy routed it became clear that the static slogging match that Ludwig was so found of had failed him, the failure to save his country was sealed.

To end the battle, the 2nd Dragoons strike into the last remaining battalion forcing an enemy surrender. Ludwig's reputation and his philosophy had been decisively crushed. Dresdan had been won and the starting of Friedreich's plan had shown initially promise. 1st Dragoon is sent to count the number dead on both sides and gives the report back to Louis. Whocracks a smile and tells his men “The greatness of Prussia remains on the battlefield, with such an overwhelming win you can be sure that the cities of gold will be yours!”

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

I like the use of quotes to provide individual perspectives, your comments on the tactics used by the commanders and the stark images of the soldiers against the snow. A great start for your new AAR, I look forward to seeing how Prussia will survive and expand in the age of Napoleon.

Chapter IV (Alliances):

It is Late January; 2 weeks since the Conquest of Dresden. Despite pressure from the Prussian Parliament Fredrick had so far ignored the temptation to Ally with Russia. But for how long could he stay neutral in the conflict? Of course' he had once wanted to Ally the French but Bonaparte had not budged in the process of becoming Allies.

To add to the pressing matter Austria had offered an Alliance on the 28th of January 1805. “If Prussia wants to avoid destruction should it join the Coalition?” Questioned Fredrick. At once he consulted with the Diplomacy Department of Prussia. The meeting of which ended with three objectives that should finally outline Prussia's new goal. In a charter decelerated “The French Question” which contained the following:

1) An Alliance with France after numerous Diplomatic Attempts deemed our efforts worthless an alliance can't be forged. Even if we manage to secure an Alliance Bonaparte's ambitions interfere with ours inherently and thus a long-lasting alliance can never be achieved.

2) While Russia and Austria may have at one time been a main target of our Diplomatic proceedings we can not afford to avoid friendly proceedings given the power of the French State; if we allow France to conquer Vienna we have already lost.

3) While we're pursing an alliance with these two nations we mustn't let them control our future. We shall dictate where we help, not the allies. To ensure Prussian Independence and not let the Coalition decide our fate we must resist attempts to start a war we're not ready for.

After the drawing up of this charter came prosperity. Prussia had become the Ally of two major powers – joining the league herself of great nations and for months prosperity grew as France no longer had the means to bully the Prussian People. The Alliance? A Success declared Fredrick.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

It sounds like Prussia's leaders are concerned that an alliance will compromise Prussia's independence. Now Prussia has joined the Coalition, will Prussia be in danger from Napoleon's armies? Will Prussia be able to maintain her independence while maintaining the alliance? I look forward to finding out.

Indeed they're.
    Note: I've played through the entire game. I plan to release a chapter once a week starting on the 12th.