Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Good, The Bad and The Dice. The Wild WILD West Roll to Dodge. RP edition. Turn 2 26/5

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Default The Good, The Bad and The Dice. The Wild WILD West Roll to Dodge. RP edition. Turn 2 26/5

Alright gonna try hosting another one of these. Been a while since the last role-playing RTD so going to give them another shot.

Setting

You are in the sleepy frontier town of Northroad Pass, a poor and desolate place on the american frontier.

The mayor of the town is Olaf LeFray who have held the town in his palm for as long as anyone can remember. The town makes money through trade and the mines to the east however the coin earned rarely makes it back to the town. The sheriff William Cuttington, a dangerous gunslinger and former wanted criminal have the town under strict control.

Will you carve a future and fortunes in the opportunities of the wild west, or will you be just another body claimed by this lawless wasteland. Your future is yours to make.

The goal of the game is removing Lefray and Cuttington and replacing them with yourself or a trusted ally.

Map of the town of Northroad Pass (Rough sketch, will be updated

Map of the friontier surrounding Northroad Pass (Rough Sketch, will be updated)

:
    Ze Rules:
    THE RULES:

1. Game mechanics:
    1.1. The game will be based on character actions with players choosing what to do, and the GM determines the outcome of the action.
    1.2. The action will be successful or unsuccessful based on dice rolls on a 10 sided die based on the characters skill.
    1.3. Each character will have a skill sheet of five different skills which will be fluent according to the players experiences and items.
    2. Game setting
    2.1. This RTD will be semi serious. Nothing too whimsical like pulling a bazooka out of your ass, but supernatural things might happen based on what is going on in the world.
    2.2. The world will be fairly small with a town with different building and outskirts. The goal is to become mayor.
    2.3. Historical accuracy will largely be ignored. The theme will be generic western.
    2.4 The world can change based on player actions. If you blow up a building its gone.
    3. Turns
    3.1 Turn times will be whenever I have time to write them. No promises
    3.2. The game will go according to time slots of the day: Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night.
    3.3. The turns will be: Describe what to do in the morning -> Response from GM for morning -> Player response -> Result from GM -> Next timeslot.
    3.4. If you miss a turn, you'll get sick which affect your stats. Miss two turns in a row and sickness kills you.
    3.5. Sickness is cured at the doctors house.
    4. World
    4.1. Anywhere can be accessed, there will be different NPC's which might or might not help you.
    4.2. The Outskirts can also be traveled to, walking will be hard and take long, and will also require a hard survival test. A horse will improve the chances substantially.
    4.3. Earning or stealing Money is an important part of the game which can be used to get bribes, equipment and weapons.
    4.4. The sheriff office will contain bounties which is a good way to earn money. If you break the law, a bounty will be placed on a player.
    5. Misc
    5.1. Each character must sleep one period per day. If the player does not sleep he will suffer -1 to all skills the next time slot which increases each time slot unless he passes a toughness test of 10, 15, 20 according to the time slots since last sleep. If toughness reaches 0 he will faint.
    5.2. If a character dies he'd dead and the player is moved to the back of the waiting list.
    5.3. Injuries can be healed by either going to a doctor or patching up by passing a survival skill test, as long as you have materials for bandages. Injuries will come with a toughness penalty.
    5.4. Surviving in the wilderness requires water. Without water a damage point is taken each time slot.

Disposition:
    The turns will be thus: Player action to describe what to do in the morning -> Response from GM for morning -> Player response if needed -> Result from GM -> Player describe what to do in the afternoon. The time will advance once everyone have completed their mornings.

The action results are defined by a 10-sided die roll:
    You will be informed of the difficulty rating of an action, your skill is added to that score. If you are trying to persuade someone with a difficulty rating of 10, and have a charm skill of 5, you will need to roll a 5 on the die and so on. If you overkill you will get a better result.

Skills

Intelligence
    This skill is used mainly for industrial purposes such as working and planning. It can also be used to read peoples true intentions and exploit opportunities that others will not think of.

Charm
    Used to convince, barter and argue with NPC's. This skill will be very useful for making people trust and like you.

Stealth
    For sneaky behavior, hiding and stealing. For thieving characters this skill will come in handy.

Weapon proficiency
    Used in gunfights, obviously. Also certain weapons will need good stats to be used effectively. Weapon proficiency will help you survive as a gunslinger.

Toughness
    Used for surviving injuries or avoiding them altogether. Wild west is a dangerous place. A high toughness skill will allow you to remain healthy, and also endure work and exhaustion better than others.

Survival Skill
    Used to survive in the wild and exploit the opportunities of a seasoned ranger. This skill will allow you to make traps, bring in food and be more crafty with your character.

Health System
    Perfect[4] Okay[3]-Bad [2]-Near death[1]-Dead[0]

Character signup sheet
    Your character is humanoid. Meaning no freaky tentacle monster, snakes, ponies or whatever.

Name:
    Skill: All skills start at 5. You can adjust your skill by taking points off one category and adding to another to a max of 10. Total sum should be 30.
    Intelligence: 5
    Charm: 5
    Weapon proficiency: 5
    Toughness: 5
    Survival Skill: 5

Example Character Sheet
    Name: Ragnar
    Short Biography: He was a viking character in a tv show played by Travis Kimmel when a trans-dimensional anomality threw him into the wild west.
    Skill:
    Charm: 6
    Stealth

Weapon proficiency: 7
    Toughness: 4
    Survival Skill: 3

When the first 6 have written their characters I will assign each of them a different beginning based on their character. The beginnings WON'T be balanced at all. Some might start with equipment, some won't have anything.

Be creative, be spontaneous and have fun. Basically do whatever the you want.

[U]I reserve the right to be dumb and unfair. Feel free to complain though. It's cool.
    :

Last edited by Påsan; May 12, 2015 at 09:30 PM.

Default Re: the Wild Wild West RTD

Oh the temptation of going full anime is there

Name: Jack
    Short Biography: Jack was born into a military family from D.C, and is the only child from

her family. Jack's father raised her to be like a guy due to this fact (since he wanted

a son). After years of being repressed and faced being forced to go into the military,

she slaughters her entire family in retaliation and was being chased by the authority. Jack

manages to lose her pursuers and is now looking to start a new life in the western frontier

Intelligence: 6
    Charm: 3
    Stealth: 5
    Weapon proficiency: 6

Um I guess Jack looks for a place to stay for now
    Last edited by Spartan999; May 12, 2015 at 06:47 PM.

Citizen

Current players

1. Fu Girl
    2. Char Azanable
    3. Makrell
    4. Spartan9999
    5. ggggtotalwarrior
    6. Sleeping Bear

I might add two more if the first six proves to be manageable. Besides people are going to die.

Waiting list:

1. Iron Aquilifer
    2. ✠Ikaroqx✠
    Last edited by Påsan; May 13, 2015 at 09:42 PM.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Name: Blondie AKA the Diamondback
    Short Biography: A renowned gunman who has traveled throughout the Wild West. Tales have been told of his heroic deeds, and how he has fought for GREAT JUSTICE over those who do not like GREAT JUSTICE. Women swoon at the mere mention of his name, and men want to be him. He is the Diamondback! His warcry is "HONOR SHALL BE GLORIED!!!"

Charm: 10
    Stealth: 4
    Toughness: 3

going to keep editing until the game starts
    Last edited by Derpy Hooves; May 13, 2015 at 06:34 AM.

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

Default Re: The Good, Bad and the Dice. The Wild WILD West Roll to Dodge.

I'm so gonna pull a Back to the Future and name my character Clint Eastwood . Will update when I get home.

Edit: of course the guy above me used a pic of him. Damn.

Name: Victor Lincoln
    Bio: A former frontier soldier on the run following his accidental murder of a corrupt officer, wanted by the army as a fugitive. The unpopular officer had gotten drunk at a tavern in one of the towns to the east, forcing Victor to kill in self-defense. A proficient soldier due more to his natural intelligence rather than his skills with a gun or physical gracefulness (he's a bit awkward due to a tall and thin, but still somewhat fit frame). Prior to his recent experiences he had very little reason to learn survival skills, being more of a northwestern farmer with very little to fear in terms of warfare or lack of resources. Had a poor relationship with his father due to his birth causing his mother's death, and was forced from his home upon turning 17. Physically is tall, thin, with a weak jawline, light but slightly tanned skin and dark brown hair. Not the most physically attractive man but also not ugly, with his most distinguishable features being his mismatched eyes, one a steel blue and the other dark brown.
    Intelligence: 7
    Charm:7
    Stealth:1
    Weapon Proficiency: 4
    Toughness: 7
    Survival Skill: 4
    Last edited by ggggtotalwarrior; May 12, 2015 at 08:53 PM.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Default Re: The Good, The Bad and The Dice. The Wild WILD West Roll to Dodge. RP edition.

I'm in, I'll edit this post with my character soon enough.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Name: Mr. Enkoodabooaoo
    Short Biography: A wandering Native American tribesman, banished from his tribe when he accidentally shot the chieftain's leg with a bow for the third time. Has earned the "Mr." prefix due to his rather unusual habit of wearing a top hat at all times. Due to his blunders he made in a regular basis when still with his tribe, he's become quite adept at getting out of situations unseen.
    Intelligence: 4
    Stealth: 7
    Weapon proficiency: 2
    Survival Skill: 7
    Last edited by Sleeping Bear; May 13, 2015 at 02:18 AM.

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

Default Pedro Gonzalez character sheet

Name: Pedro Gonzalez
    Short Biography: Pedro is not a native to the west. Originally coming from the poorer sections of Havana he learned how to live rough from an early age. After a failed mission in his 20s he was however chased from the city, and has since had little human contact, apart from the cook who hid him on his crossing to America. Once in America he lived with some Norwegian settlers for a while, learning their ways and culture, before he was once again banished and went further west. He is an ugly man who have poor people skill and social anciety.
    Charm: 1
    Stealth: 9
    Weapon proficiency: 8
    Toughness: 6
    Survival Skill: 1
    Last edited by Makrell; May 13, 2015 at 06:18 AM. Reason: edited because he was so op

Default Re: The Good, The Bad and The Dice. The Wild WILD West Roll to Dodge. RP edition.

Name: Bill Blake
    Short Biography: Ex-law student who, having been intimate with a certain Ms. Dellanore, desired to escape the twin pressures of both her pregnancy, and an arranged marriage to another insufferable woman of good standing. One day he packed a suitcase and jumped on a train bound westwards, only his plan of becoming a badass went sour when he was framed for a murder, and so he has now been driven all the way to the frontier. Though his position is desperate and he has few skills of any worth in this environment, Blake has no choice but to try to survive here as long as he can.
    Skill:
    Intelligence: 9
    Charm: 8
    Stealth: 8
    Toughness: 2

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

Iron Aquilifer's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Name: Adrian Mackle
    Short Biography: Born to a prostitute and with the identity of his as-of-yet-undisclosed father being unknown, Adrian was taken in at a young age by an American soldier. Raymond tought the boy how to look after himself, festering a love of weapons and fighting in to the boy. While Adrian seemed to be reasonably bright, picking up everything he was taught within a few days, his manner never really improved. He was honest, if blunt, but refused to allow social niceities to get in the way. Coming out west, he was driven by Raymond's omninous words: "Reap a glorious harvest"
    Skill:
    Charm: 2
    Stealth: 1
    Weapon proficiency: 9
    Survival Skill: 6

Do mayors in the west use mayor necklases that are the source for all their power(like in real life modern age Norway(its true, look it up)) or will my plan off stealthing the necklase and win fail?

I've never seen an American mayor with a necklace

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    I've never seen an American mayor with a necklace
    No wonder Norway has more magic

✠Ikaroqx✠'s Avatar Campidoctor

Any free spots? If so, then a warning then I'll be like the designated 'clueless sidekick'
    Signature loading...

Citizen

Sorry Iron and Ikar. The first six slots are filled.

I'm probably going to add two more when the game gets going so that means you two

First turn is *almost* done. I have three more intros to write. The first turn takes a lot of planning effort and formatting that takes more time than the actual writing. Once I have the formatting template then it should be much easier. I recommend subscribing to the thread as I'll update the thread title each new turn.
    Last edited by Påsan; May 13, 2015 at 10:40 PM.

It's k, we're all of the patient sort.

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

Citizen

Jack

You wake up at the improvised camp you made once the terrain became too dark to ride in. The fire had died taking with it the smell of the last of your food. Bruce had hardly been able to move on any longer anyway, as you had ridden him hard over the last several days with far too little rest. But it was morning, and that meant the punching sun would soon make its presence known in the arid terrain. You decide to travel on for a few hours to escape the worst of it. Water was preciously low as it was. You get up, but you notice Bruce was not where you left him. The bush you had tied him to was torn from the ground. Realizing he have your waters and possessions, you see of you can find any tracks. [Survival Skill roll 10; 7 + 5s = 13] You manage to track the horse easily enough, he was lying on the ground a few hundred feet away from your camp. Bruce was dead, but you manage to recover enough water for a day, about five dollars and the old, battered bowie knife of your father. [+1 weapon proficiency in close combat, utility tool]

Steeping up on a large rock you can see a faint trail of smoke in the distance. [Intelligence Skill roll 10; 8 + 6s = 14!] You deduct that it is from a small town not more than a short walk away over the nearby hill. But you can also see a cloud of dust coming your way, signifying a band of horsemen. Are they your pursuers?

You are in a hilly, arid terrain. To the far east you see some vast mountains, but there is a town only a short walk away. Your horse lies dead next to you and there is a band of horsemen incoming. You can hide, wait or try to make it to the town or something else entirely. What do you do?

Stats
    Health: Perfect
    Inventory: US army knife [+1 weapon proficiency in close combat, utility tool], Water for one day, 5$.
    Skills:
    Spoiler for Skills
    Charm: 3
    Stealth: 5
    Weapon proficiency: 6

Relations:

Blondie

"Wake up"

Your eyes drift open at the call. You had been dreaming about some Mexican standoff of your past, the tension still lingered when the dream died. "This key amigo? What do it do" A man was standing over you, he had tanned skin and looked distinctly Mexican, in his hand, there was a heavy revolver pointed at your temple. In his other hand, he had a small iron key. The key that had come to you just the day before in a letter which simply read "Keep this safe - a Friend" [Intelligence stat test 10; 10 + 5s = 15] you remember the writing looked feminine, and from someone accustomed to writing in a educated and delicate manner. You was surprised as you had just came into town yesterday. The letter had also been opened before you got it, the seal was badly reapplied.

"Answer me, I swear I blow your stupid brains out" You take a look at his weapon, a rusty old colt [weapon proficiency stat test 10; 8 + 5s =13] you see that the weapon was in no condition to be fired, and was more likely to injure the man than hurt anyone else. You are in a back alley with no recollection on how you got there, the sun was not yet high enough to lighten the alley up.

You are on the ground in a back alley, there is a man with a gun pointed at your face, but the gun does not work. He wants to know about the key. You can fight, lie, run or do something else. What do you do?

Stats
    Inventory:
    Skills:
    Spoiler for Skills
    Charm: 10
    Stealth: 4
    Toughness: 3

Relations:

Victor Lincoln

The sun was just beginning its first relentless aching above you, while the road stretched out ahead, disappearing in a distorted blend of sun and sky in the horizon ahead. You had been on the run for a number of days and your water was done, drunk and gone. The rifle on your back was starting to feel a lot heavier than it had been when you snuck out of camp David. You knew from army maps that there should be a town somewhere up ahead along the north road from studying army maps [Intelligence test 10: 1 + 7s = 8] But you had no idea how far off, or weather you were going the right way for that matter. All you knew at the moment was the road, some arid mountains in the distance and the sun in the sky.

With your head bent, it took a while too much to see the other soldiers. [stealth 10: 9 + 1s = 10] However you manage to dive down in a ditch the instance you noticed them. From their lack of reaction you guess that the soldiers were as blind to their surroundings from the heat as you had been. There seemed to be three of them, scout patrol from the look of it. One was horsed while the other two were slogging on foot, they seemed exhausted and was carrying their weapons more like burdens than actual weapons. They were probably on the way back to Camp David from an prolonged mission at one of the outposts, and likely had not caught word of your incident at the camp. However they were closing in and the ditch at the side of the road you were hiding in was not a good enough spot to guarantee your safety at all.

You are in a ditch hiding from three scout soldiers. You can keep hiding, shoot them, talk to them or try to sneak away to a better spot, or something else entirely. What do you do?

Stats
    Inventory: Sharps rifle, 5 cartilages (Single shot, enables ranged combat, sniping) US army uniform.
    Skills:
    Spoiler for Skills
    Intelligence: 7
    Charm:7
    Stealth:1
    Weapon Proficiency: 4
    Toughness: 7
    Survival Skill: 4

Relations: Wanted by the Military Police.

Mr. Enkoodabooaoo

Do white men handle their alcohol better, you ponder. You dont know for sure. All you know that yesterday you got some money. And now things smell really bad. The rest is blurriness and headache.

You lying are naked in a barrel of fish. You cant remember much of what the hell happened yesterday, or not much else really. Finding out what happened to your possessions might be a good place to start, or you can do something else entirely. What do you do?

Stats
    Inventory: Naked.
    Skills:
    Spoiler for Skills
    Intelligence: 4
    Stealth: 7
    Survival Skill: 7

Relations:

Pedro Gonzalez

"All in, ye bleedn sod, all in"

You are playing poker. The man opposed to you, a brawny, ugly monster of a man called Cheetin' Bob, eyes you suspiciously. [Intelligence Test: 10; 4 + 5s = 9] "Alright amigo, I will join" you say. And put all your money on the table. You have a good hand and a knife in your pocket. A good position to be in playing poker. The man grins, and shows his cards. Four aces beat your full house, you lost. But you notice that two of his aces were of the same type. Cheetin' Bob had cheated you! The Saloon begun to tense up. They had seen this before. You were new in town after all.

You just lost all your money in poker. It as a pot of at least 30$ that slipped through your fingers there and your opponent was cheetin! You could avoid incident, fight him or go to the sheriff or something else entirely. What do you do?
    Stats
    Inventory:
    Skills:
    Spoiler for Skills
    Charm: 1
    Stealth: 9
    Weapon proficiency: 8

Relations:

Bill Blake

*knock Knock!*

You came into this neglected town yesterday, but so far you've not done much more than rented a room in the inn over the Saloon and slept on the uncomfortable and awkwardly small bed.

Now in the early morning, someone was at the door. "Open up mister Blake, I know you're in there, We need to talk." You doggedly get up and stumble over to the door to take a peek through the sizable hole in the wall right next to it. The red faced barkeeper was there. [Intelligence test 10; 5 + 9 = 14] You can see he was quite obviously hiding something heavy behind his back, also the way he glanced backwards suggested he had someone else, or more of them waiting further down the hallway, out of sight.

"Mister Blake, there was an error with your payment, Ms Flour took the bills over to the bank and they said they were false mister Blake.." Sensing your hesitation the barkeeper continued "Mister Blake I knew something smelled fishy about you the moment I saw you, open up mister Blake! Dont make me break down my own door!"

The room was quite small with a single window, but you were on the second floor and it had been too dark to see if there was anything bellow it when you came in yesterday. There was also a quite sizable hole in the wall where you've been sure to have heard mice milling around yesterday. the barkeeper was getting increasingly impatient. And you doubt the 5$ you had left would cover the room and whatever much you put on the tab yesterday at the saloon.

You are in the inn above the saloon. The quite angry barkeeper blames you for giving him fake money, but you have no idea about that. You could try to escape through the window or hole in the roof, hide or try to negotiate with the man. A convenient lie perhaps? Or do something else entirely. What do you do

Stats
    Inventory: 5$
    Skills:
    Spoiler for Skills
    Intelligence: 9
    Charm: 8
    Stealth: 8
    Toughness: 2

Relations:

Word This came a bit later than anticipated. I got a job interview which took me about 6 hours of tedious bus travel each way to get there so lost two days there. Anyway I set this up to test the new mechanics on this round and the next. Its still in a trial period so there might be spontaneous changes to the rules if I see something is not working out. Also some people got a bit more elaborate starts than others. But that is not necessarily a bad thing in this game nor is it necessarily a good one depending n how things play out. Anyway have fun thinking out the reactions on these little scenarios and I always appreciate some roleplay included. The second part of the morning should be done fairly quickly once the answers are in and may the god of internet dice be with you.
    Last edited by Påsan; May 15, 2015 at 04:43 PM.

Hide for now, if they are not looking for my ass and just passes by, go to the town

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

I approach the soldiers, explaining that I am low on supplies and need to reach the northern town, attempting to use my charm to win their trust. I have no wish to assault soldiers innocent From the events that led to my current predicament, and see it as a more pragmatic solution to avoid conflict while outnumbered, especially with my relatively low weaponry skills.

If they question my presence I will tell the truth and try to avoid violence explaining there is nothing they can gain from my death and hope they sympathize with my situation.
    Last edited by ggggtotalwarrior; May 15, 2015 at 07:31 PM.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

​Blondie pushed the filthy Mexican away, got up and exclaimed, "You dare interrupt the beauty sleep of the Diamondback? Man of the Mexicans, I give you this one chance to give back the key and go back the way you came. You think this is the first time that I, the Diamondback, have been put into such a predicament? Nay, for the Diamondback is the most heroic of heroic men in the West. Why, just last week I was in Golden Town in the territories, and a gang of ne'er-do-wells had trapped me in such an alleyway as this. I outsmarted them and dodged their shots. By hour's end, I freed the town from the dirty rogues! Despite the vast deeds, friends, and enemies he has accumulated, he forgets none! Don't make this mistake, for it shall not be forgotten!"
    Blondie uses his charm against the Mexican to convince him to give back the key and leave him in peace
    Last edited by Derpy Hooves; May 15, 2015 at 09:05 PM.

"Why is it always barrel of fish?" Mr. Enkoodabooaoo pondered. "Why not barrels of gold, or cash, or anything else really. But why is it always fish?" It was a miracle there were fish in a place like this to begin with, the closest thing to fishing spots were at least a week's journey away. "The fish merchant must be French", Mr. Enkoodabooaoo thought to himself while he got up. "Now, Mr. Enkoodabooaoo better find out how Mr. Enkoodabooaoo ended up out here."

Mr. Enkoodabooaoo tries to ask the local populace whether they saw him yesterday, and also inquires who owns the barrel of most likely rotten fish.
    Last edited by Sleeping Bear; May 16, 2015 at 02:52 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast