Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: [UPD 6 FEB 16] Preview: User Interface

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: [UPD 6 FEB 16] Preview: User Interface

I love the new bordering, very nice touch.

Of the Lore of Middle-earth: Click Here and Here

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

also I like that those of civilized people show that the people making it are civilizrd while to those of the orcs are crude made
    I love you think of such small details
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

100% agree!

The new faction symbols are looking so great!
    At one side they are very detailed and aesthetic, while on the other side one can easily differnentiate between the factions! (The old ones were great too, but in my opinion, it took some time to be able to differntiate quick between the elve factions^^)
    Wonderful work!!!
    Medieval II: Hyrule: Total War

Does this mean we wont see the factions of Dorwinion, Umbar and Khand? I get that you are integrating some of their units into other factions, but it would be nice if by the end they are in as stand alone factions as well. The mod looks amazing by the way.

Maestro1's Avatar Tiro

Well no, some reasons for it:

-None of these factions are absolutely needed as stand-alone;
    -Sources on these are very very limited and will thus require loads of fan fiction undermining the current high lore quality;
    -Many people are biased on what they have seen from mods like DaC and for some reason are not open to what we would do with factions like Dorwinion and Umbar. Same with our Swan Knight models;
    -We lack the artists to add in 3 additional factions
    Rise of Mordor: a total overhaul mod for Total War: Atilla
    Writer, rosterer, lore-master and battle balancer for Rise of Mordor

'So do I, and so do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.'

I get that it would be challenging if you don't have a large enough team but I still think it would be a shame. I also think that on terms of sources there can't be much less than for either Dunland or the men from the Vale of Anduin, but I respect that you guys know best and that it is your mod. Keep up the good work

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

That all can be enhanced in future. Don't think of our mod as it should come 100% finished at once. Even Third Age didn't do so, had a lot of updates.

just because its confusing, could someone edit the mainpage to show and display the new faction that are being made?

Shouldn't the "Goblins" faction be called " Orcs of the Misty Mountains"? That sounds so much better.

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Nomad 12 View Post
    Shouldn't the "Goblins" faction be called " Orcs of the Misty Mountains"? That sounds so much better.
    Yeah it sounds a bit strange, more like a generalized faction such as the "Rebels" in TATW. What do you think Maestro?

Maestro1's Avatar Tiro

Well, I don't like it at all for 4 reasons:

-It was TATW's first call to name it like that and so it won't be our call unless absolutely necessary;
    -It constantly ends up as an abbreviation like OoMM. Well that's a nice faction name...;
    -The first thing to come up in people's mind when thinking of these is Goblins, not orcs. Orcs are those from Mordor or Gundabad. You wouldnt name Uruk-hai Orcs either even though they are about equally far away from orcs as the goblins are. Goblins are those that you see in Moria and Goblin Town in the movies: small, agile and swarming creatures and that's something else than Gundabad or Mordor orcs. Would you call Isengard 'Orcs of Orthanc'? Uruk-hai aren't just orcs. Neither are Goblins
    -You don't call a faction after it's location unless it is certain or unified. So it's Easterlings, not Rhûn, and Haradrim, not Harad. But not Dúnedain from Gondor, or Men of Bree. You name the latter two Gondor and Bree(land), because they come from bree, you can easily draw a line where they live and where no more, and they are unified in one state. For the Easterlings and the Haradrim that is definitely not true and thus they are -lings or -rim (in Sindar). And there is no uniformity or clear boundary in the Misty Mountains. That I can tell you for sure.

And after all, what's wrong with Goblins?

'So do I, and so do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.'

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro1 View Post
    Well, I don't like it at all for 4 reasons:

-It was TATW's first call to name it like that and so it won't be our call unless absolutely necessary;
    -It constantly ends up as an abbreviation like OoMM. Well that's a nice faction name...;
    -The first thing to come up in people's mind when thinking of these is Goblins, not orcs. Orcs are those from Mordor or Gundabad. You wouldnt name Uruk-hai Orcs either even though they are about equally far away from orcs as the goblins are. Goblins are those that you see in Moria and Goblin Town in the movies: small, agile and swarming creatures and that's something else than Gundabad or Mordor orcs. Would you call Isengard 'Orcs of Orthanc'? Uruk-hai aren't just orcs. Neither are Goblins
    -You don't call a faction after it's location unless it is certain or unified. So it's Easterlings, not Rhûn, and Haradrim, not Harad. But not Dúnedain from Gondor, or Men of Bree. You name the latter two Gondor and Bree(land), because they come from bree, you can easily draw a line where they live and where no more, and they are unified in one state. For the Easterlings and the Haradrim that is definitely not true and thus they are -lings or -rim (in Sindar). And there is no uniformity or clear boundary in the Misty Mountains. That I can tell you for sure.

And after all, what's wrong with Goblins?
    I would rather call the faction something more political than purely racial. Maybe "Goblin Tribes"? I don't know. "Goblins" seems far too universal and simplistic.
    Last edited by Alkar; January 21, 2017 at 01:56 PM.

I really think that "Goblins" sound way too mediocre and general besides they have trolls as well as goblins. I think that the original name of "Orcs of the Misty Mountains" would work and if you want a shorter name maybe "The Misty Mountains" or "Misty Mountain Clans". Doing a public pole could help settle the name.

I think ,,goblins'' is fine, besides Orcs of the Misty Mountains sounds much worse, because it's a way too long name. And i like the fact that ,,goblins'' is such a simplistic name, that covers the fact that the faction is just a horde of unorganized brutal creatures.

i'm probably the only one but other than dale i prefer the old faction symbols

Maestro1's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Northern-Ranger View Post
    i'm probably the only one but other than dale i prefer the old faction symbols
    That may very well be possible, but in order to take valuable opinions "against" our current assets into account we would need some suggestions or grounded reasons

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

I think it's just that the borders are so different, they look both worse and better at the same time, depending on when you look at it. Hard to explain really.

finix's Avatar Ordinarius

Finally you have the best concept artist in the team - Robbie McSweeney
    I will look forward
    [IMG][/IMG]

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by finix View Post
    Finally you have the best concept artist in the team - Robbie McSweeney
    I will look forward
    Super pumped!