Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: [UPD 6 FEB 16] Preview: User Interface

MOS-Lukas-Dwarf's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: [Development] Preview: UI

These are cool ^^ If you look closely in the BOFA and freeze frame there are other banners also there that the Dwarves have but not in the wide shots, specifically when Thorin and Dain hug retardedly in the battle so they could also be used later down the line, understanding that obviously banners and stuff wont be in early releases because Atilla doesnt really have any
    "You must be king before the long night begins... Only you can unite the living against the dead"

++ The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors ++

Ironfoot's Avatar Civis

Look behind Thorin

Ahaha there it is!
    "You must be king before the long night begins... Only you can unite the living against the dead"

I actually loved the initial Mordor banner... No idea why it needs to be changed...

Quote Originally Posted by UchihaGerson View Post
    I actually loved the initial Mordor banner... No idea why it needs to be changed...
    I agree, it's simple but beautiful while the second one is just out of place in comparison to the others.

Mr J has stated its an alternative, nothing is definite but I remember it being requested from someones comment on the initial roster of icons. Pretty sure we wont need to worry about it!

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Faction symbols version alpha. Updated by finix

I would still call these symbols very raw and they will be remade a lot of times more. But the preview is posted here to know community opinion.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.J View Post

I would still call these symbols very raw and they will be remade a lot of times more. But the preview is posted here to know community opinion.
    they are great save those of mordor it looks here if somebody has been busy whit throwing paint upon the banner in my opnion no offfence intended!!!!!!
    greetings atthias
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Maestro1's Avatar Tiro

Excellent!

Looking nice. As for Lorien, consider making the outer golden border the same color as the inner brown, or the inner brown color the same as the outer golden color, because now it seems like the emblem has been made of 4 different colors, while it would look better/more harmonious if there are only 3 colors which is a design rule that holds true for all heraldry in general (sorry for nitpicking..). If you change the center color to gold, the part will look kinda like golden leaves and another official name for Lorien is Golden Wood.

"That is the fairest of all the dwellings of my people. There are no trees like the trees of that land. For in the autumn their leaves fall not, but turn to gold. Not till the spring and the new green opens do they fall, and then the boughs are laden with yellow flowers; and the floor of the wood is golden, and golden is the roof, and its pillars are of silver, for the bark of the trees is smooth and grey."
    Last edited by Arindur; August 20, 2015 at 12:52 PM.

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

They look excellent! I would only look at the Mordor and Isengard ones for major improvement.

Of the Lore of Middle-earth: Click Here and Here

Maestro1's Avatar Tiro

Indeed. Maybe adding orthanc to the banner of isengard somehow, or sarumans staff, could be anything. Agree too on Lorien. Gold instead of brown is just slightly better.
    And 7 silver stars for gondor would make it beautiful, though I dont know where they stand for in the banners of the dunedain (dwarves: 7 houses). Alkar will know, right. He knows it all :p
    As for mordor, fire and the eye should me more distinguished in someway. Only a black thin lining would do excellent between the eye and the flames.
    Anyway, its get better and better!
    Last edited by Maestro1; August 20, 2015 at 02:54 PM.

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro1 View Post
    Indeed. Maybe adding orthanc to the banner of isengard somehow, or sarumans staff, could be anything. Agree too on Lorien. Gold instead of brown is just slightly better.
    And 7 silver stars for gondor would make it beautiful, though I dont know where they stand for in the banners of the dunedain (dwarves: 7 houses). Alkar will know, right. He knows it all :p
    As for mordor, fire and the eye should me more distinguished in someway. Only a black thin lining would do excellent between the eye and the flames.
    Anyway, its get better and better!
    The standard of the White Tree was used by Gondor, but the standard of the Seven Stars was used by the descendants of Elendil, Aragorn and the Dunedain.

"And then wonder took him, and a great joy; and he cast his sword up in the sunlight and sang as he caught it. And all eyes followed his gaze, and behold! upon the foremost ship a great standard broke,and the wind displayed it as she turned towards the Harlond. There flowered a White Tree, and that was for Gondor; but Seven Stars were about it, and a high crown above it, the signs of Elendil that no lord had borne for years beyond count."

Of the Lore of Middle-earth: Click Here and Here

Very nice update
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

I don't uderstand you people. We gave you so much variety of symbols.
    Example, Mordor - first symbol was red eye from MOVIE, second symbol was eye of sauron integrated into 2d and last one smth new coz you didn't like previous(I've seen a lot of comments to change 1st Mordor symbol coz it looks like egyptian(eventhough it was used in films)). IMO second one looks perfect for Mordor and first was nice and third is nice.
    Next, Isengard. People wrote to change too perfect hand into more chaotic. We did it. Now you ask to add Ortchanc. Why whould we add Orthanc if there was NO Orthanc on Isengard banner and it's well pointed Isengard used white hand as a banner??

Now, Gondor. White tree - Gondor. Stars and Crown - Arnor. White Tree with Stars and Crown - Reunited Kingdom of Arnor and Gondor. Hope you see the different.

We agree with community from time to time but not when they dont like each new version.

finix's Avatar Ordinarius

I don't uderstand you people. We gave you so much variety of symbols.
    Example, Mordor - first symbol was red eye from MOVIE, second symbol was eye of sauron integrated into 2d and last one smth new coz you didn't like previous(I've seen a lot of comments to change 1st Mordor symbol coz it looks like egyptian(eventhough it was used in films)). IMO second one looks perfect for Mordor and first was nice and third is nice.
    Next, Isengard. People wrote to change too perfect hand into more chaotic. We did it. Now you ask to add Ortchanc. Why whould we add Orthanc if there was NO Orthanc on Isengard banner and it's well pointed Isengard used white hand as a banner??

Now, Gondor. White tree - Gondor. Stars and Crown - Arnor. White Tree with Stars and Crown - Reunited Kingdom of Arnor and Gondor. Hope you see the different.

We agree with community from time to time but not when they dont like each new version.
    We can not fulfill all desires, because everyone has a different opinion on how things look. We can listen to what the community tells us, but ultimately the final decision will be ours to be able to play as soon as possible this long awaited mod ... And that we wanted all. I hope don't sound like someone from CA
    [IMG][/IMG]

I hope the weird opposition to every change hasn't discouraged you. If you ask me, each new variation has caused them to be more distinct from one another and more in line with the factions they are representing. You've made them look amazing, while at the same time each looking unique enough to be recognized at a glance and not confused with another.

My one and only bit of advice would be to have the white hand of Saruman appear a bit more like this: http://farm2.staticflickr.com/1306/4...16aa698f_z.jpg

I have to disagree with the suggestion that it needed to appear more "wild."

I liked the original quite a bit, but this one is a bit less pronounced and a little more ghost-like which makes it feel more intimidating as the hand of Saruman should. Its gesture appears less like a hand inviting you to high-five, and more like an orcish paw smattering paint onto a helmet.

Maestro1's Avatar Tiro

Everyone has a different opinion mr j, and it wont change. You cabt expect everyone to be fully in awe every time. Not even that there are no things that some would see differently. Secondly, the communtiy hasnt got one and the same opinion. Now you just hear the other side. I hope you knew that when you started this. In my case, have I saud anything on the others exept that they are great? Not really eh
    Dont be angered by opinions, or you will face far more anger before the mod comes out...

Don't understand me wrong way. I don't make it angry.
    Yes I expect to see some stuff not liked by community but when you make as some people want and they dont like anything this frustrates.
    From now we will just make it as we see(primary). I won't care much what people think.

these look awesome, very recognizable and bold, very individual also! Perfect :3