Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: JWANT's 2

Chieftain Khuzaymah's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: JWANT's 2

"The Easterlings did what?" Dain shouts to the messenger.
    "They overwhelmed the Iron Hills, My King," the messenger replied. Dain turned and looked at his commanders, awaiting an answer.
    "You did order the evacuation of the fortress, My King. The fortress was lightly defended and the armies have garrisoned Erebor," one of the Commanders replied.
    "I ordered that? Ah yes. Forgive me, my memory abandons me at times," Dain politely apologized. "but still..," Dain continued as he became angry again,
    "those miserable Easterlings took advantage of it! Our sacred halls, a magnificent fortress, characterizing the Might of the Dwarves, has fallen. The Easterlings have chosen for war, it seems. Now what are we going to do about that?"

The Dwarven Commanders didn't hesitate a moment and started shouting ancient Dwarvish War Cries. To Dain it sounded like a beautiful and pleasant orchestra and when the Commanders were finished, Dain continued:
    "Arm the Soldiers, fuel up the furnaces, fortify the settlements! The Easterlings have chosen for war, now let us show them how the Dwarf fights. They can kneel for us, in which case they will be killed. They can fight against us, in which case they will be killed, or they can run away from us, in which case they will also be killed!!" Dain shouted throughout the fields and all Dwarves chanted. "To War!!"

Most Promising Youngblood TATW: Chieftain Khuzaymah

Many orcs killed including the Witch-King!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Rohan: http://www.filedropper.com/jw2rohan12

JWANT's Avatar Senator

A rule clarification as this has been decided that it will be applied across hotseats to keep rules simple:

You may gift regions to another faction, but you must disband all but one unit immediately. This unit is considered a free "home guard" unit and cannot leave the settlement under any circumstances. The home guard unit must also be disbanded within 3 turns.

This is relevant considering the gifting of settlements between the Dwarves and Dale. It allows the receiver of a settlement to prevent it from rebelling but ultimately all free units will still be disbanded

Does this apply to the settlements already gifted?

JWANT's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by *Ranger* View Post
    Does this apply to the settlements already gifted?
    It will apply going going forward, so settlements gifted going forward will be allowed to keep 1 unit for 3 turns. Any previously spawned units should have been destroyed based on the free units from the gifting of settlements must be immediately disbanded. I don't think it would be fair to let anyone who forgot to disband their units to now keep one when the players following the rules would.

Adanedhel's Avatar Campidoctor

In that case, Chieftain will have to disband all of his Dale cavalry units.

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Dirty Dwarves are always cheating! They deserve wholeheartedly the beatdown the proud Easterlings shall put on them!

JWANT's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Adanedhel View Post
    In that case, Chieftain will have to disband all of his Dale cavalry units.
    If they spawned from the gifting of settlements - however, usually a low tier infantry unit is spawned, not a cavalry unit. Dale Cavalry are also mercenaries that are available for hire so Chieftain may have simply hired them.

We're playing by the honour rule, since this isn't something I will be checking every turn, so I will check occasionally and when a player wants reassurance that the rules have been followed.

War with the Easterlings came sudden and unexpected. Not only do the Dwarves think the Easterlings are cowards for sneakily attacking us in the middle of the Dwarvish Summer Feasts as honor to all the Great Kings under the Mountain, they also believe if the Easterlings want war, they should just line up all their armies and fight out a battle to determine the winner as wars should be fought, phalanx versus phalanx. It became clear to Dain the Easterlings did not have the intention to do this and rather cowardly attack unexpected on all fronts.

Yet Dain is not the King to run scared. His orders are clear and war preparations are being made. The King himself stayed well informed of the movement of the Easterling armies thanks to his spy network. Dain saw an opportunity and seized it. Lord Margoz, Heir to the Barbarians in the East was marching on Grasgard, so Dain quickly moved his armies to confront Margoz.

As Dain and his armies came marching down from the hill, the Easterlings were a bit surprised, but held their ground nonetheless.
    "Good morning. How are we all? I have a wee proposition, if you wouldn't mind giving me a few moments of your time. Would you consider... JUST SODDING OFF! All of ye, right now!"

The Easterlings were a bit shaken, but Margoz ordered them to hold their ground. Dain was surprised, "No?...., very well then. Let's give these bastards a good hammering! To battle, to battle sons of Durin!" And the Dwarves chanted and stormed into the ranks of the Easterlings. It didn't take very long to figure out who was going to win this battle.....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9T...ew?usp=sharing

High Elves up

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9T...ew?usp=sharing

As for the spawned units due to gifting settlements, those were indeed Dale Cavalry units, but I disbanded every single one of them right when I got the settlements. That one unit you see in Dain's army is indeed a merc unit
    Last edited by Chieftain Khuzaymah; August 17, 2015 at 04:00 AM.

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

I don’t blame Rhun at all, especially since the Dwarves have been given Dale’s home regions. You want to talk about cowardice…not to offend the Dale player, but giving away your home regions in a free-for-all game is the very definition of cowardice. Meanwhile, I am being attacked by two factions. You can understand my frustration.

Dale player offended! I only did what was best for my people and if that means forsaking my own lands for a time, so be it. Besides, this move is solid from a strategic point of view, whatever you may say.

Also, you can't possibly think you will have everything your way, Joe! It would be too easy to just march against Rohan with Isengard's power house. No fun at all. We're just making it more interesting for you.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Adanedhel View Post
    Dale player offended! I only did what was best for my people and if that means forsaking my own lands for a time, so be it. Besides, this move is solid from a strategic point of view, whatever you may say.
    Well I don't know all of the diplomacy behind this, but that analysis seems tenuous at best. Only time will tell, I suppose.

Also, you can't possibly think you will have everything your way, Joe! It would be too easy to just march against Rohan with Isengard's power house. No fun at all. We're just making it more interesting for you.
    It would be fun for me, I assure you. But I don't blame you and Eriador for attacking me. I do blame you for transferring regions to the Dwarves to make the penultimate AR faction also rich and powerful. The action has taken some of the legitimacy away from this game for me.
    Last edited by joerock22; August 17, 2015 at 04:30 PM.

It wasn't just a gift, it's a trade, which I will not specify here. The trade serves both our best interests, rather than going to war.

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Originally Adhadenel agreed with me to go to war with the Dwarves and I said I would support. However right as my forces move into position to help him out Dale's true cowardice shows and he gives up all of his home regions in exhange for money to be able to migrate away from the Dwarves. I refuse to sit back and let the strongest AR faction in the game become a behemoth

Originally you came begging me for peace, so let's all just fight it out ingame rather than verbally

JWANT's Avatar Senator

I am looking forward to seeing how this plays out!
    Isengard!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2c...sengard_12.sav
    Last edited by JWANT; August 17, 2015 at 07:41 PM.

Citizen

I wish I could teleport up there and help you fight the just fight, themzr. Alas, I am unfortunately stuck down here.

Mordor:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwL...ew?usp=sharing

Basically, I opted for the same thing the Dwrves did; we both didn't want to be spread out so much on the campaign map (Dale being so far from the Good Men factions) so we decided to arrange things peacefully. I'm sure at least some of you would do the same thing in my place. Besides, if I fought a war with the Dwarves (even with the help of Rhun) such a war would hit me the hardest, possibly crippling me for the rest of the game.
    Last edited by Adanedhel; August 18, 2015 at 02:48 AM.

Eriador is kindly asked to retreat from Isengards lands, I don't much fancy having Eriador to the south of me...

Harad:
    Attached Files Attached Files