Dwarves

Isengard

Rhun and Harad

Factions

Gondor & Eriador: Adanedhel
    Rohan & Dale: Adanedhel
    Silvan Elves & High Elves: JWANT
    Dwarves: Chieftain Khuzaymah
    Isengard: Defeated (by Rohan, Eriador, and Gondor)
    Mordor: Defeated (by Gondor)
    OoG & OotMM: TheBlackWolf
    Rhun & Harad: themzr

Rules
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Administrative:

• Long campaign
    • Manage all settlements
    • M/M Difficulty

General

• You may reload your turn as many times as you want
    • Turns must be taken within 48 hours or 72 hours with notification. If you cannot play your turn, please make arrangements for subbing (preferably with your teammate!)
    • Please PM or VM the next player in line

Gameplay

• Not Good vs. Evil. Team victory.
    • No Invasions
    • You may gift regions to another faction, but you must disband all but one unit immediately. This unit is considered a free "home guard" unit and cannot leave the settlement under any circumstances. The home guard unit must also be disbanded within 3 turns.
    • No gifting settlements at risk of capture
    • No heroic victories
    • Battles against other players must be auto-resolved. Battles against the AI can be fought
    • Post screenshots of all battles against other players: deployment screen and results screen. I think this makes following a hotseat much more interesting. Note – you do not need to post screenshots for lopsided battles, i.e. 1,000 vs. 100, but please mention the battle in your post
    • No Assassins
    • No surrounding armies with smaller stacks to deny a retreat. You are allowed to block bridges or river crossings
    • No mercenary transport ships
    • All crossings points of the Anduin are in play
    • Units defeated by a player coming after you in the turn order may not move or attack on your subsequent turn
    • Bribing is allowed
    • Sallying from a settlement under siege is not allowed if it results in the settlement falling to the besieging force immediately thereafter (on your turn)
    • You are not allowed to lure an ambushing army a tile further to bring it in range of more of your forces

Buildings

• No destroying any buildings if the settlement is at risk of capture
    • Exterminating settlements is not allowed. You may sack or occupy
    • On the turn you capture an enemy settlement, you are only allowed to destroy inns and cultural buildings. This rule stays in effect until you have held a captured settlement for 3 turns
    • After you hold a captured settlement for 3 turns, buildings can be destroyed without restriction (provided the settlement is not at risk of capture)

Spies

• Whether a spy may open the gates of a settlement depends on the size of the settlement’s garrison. If a settlement is defended by 720+ elves, 900+ men, or 1500+ orcs, then spies may NOT open the gates. If a settlement is defended by fewer than this number, then spies may open the gates without restriction
    • Note – Isengard must have 1500 soldiers in a settlement before it is safe from spies, even if some of those soldiers are dunlandings (men). This is because the standard unit size for Isengard is 250 across the board. Rhun, on the other hand, falls under the 900 man category because its standard unit size is 150
    • The purpose of this rule is to allow players to defend their settlement without fear of losing their garrison due to spies. Its justification is that a settlement with more defenders has better surveillance and it would be harder for spies to operate. I also want to keep the rule simple, which is the reason for the hard limit. So basically if you defend a settlement with 6 full units worth of troops, you are safe from spies
    • Spies may open the gates against the Rebels (AI) without restriction

Rules are open to change based on a vote by a majority of players
    Last edited by joerock22; March 02, 2016 at 06:17 PM.

JWANT's Avatar Senator

Default Re: JWANT's 2

Looking for an active and experienced player to take Mordor!

Gimli's Avatar Primicerius

If nobody takes Mordor I think can take it, but only if nobody else will take it. Let me know.
    sevenrealms.co.uk

Chieftain Khuzaymah's Avatar Domesticus

Any luck finding someone to play Mordor?
    Most Promising Youngblood TATW: Chieftain Khuzaymah

JWANT's Avatar Senator

Not yet. Gimli showed initial interest but has since declined. If anyone knows anyone they'd recommend, please ask them. Otherwise Youngbloods with some experience are welcome to take Mordor provided they are active.

Who is in Mordors team? If nobody joins by Sunday I guess I will do it, but im only doing it out of the goodness of my heart. Im in 5 WTW, and 4 TATW, and Mordor isn't my preferred faction because I've played it. BUT im willing to sacrifice.
    sevenrealms.co.uk

JWANT's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Gimli10 View Post
    Who is in Mordors team? If nobody joins by Sunday I guess I will do it, but im only doing it out of the goodness of my heart. Im in 5 WTW, and 4 TATW, and Mordor isn't my preferred faction because I've played it. BUT im willing to sacrifice.
    I appreciate the gesture Gimli but you don't have to join if you are too busy. We may start with Ranger (Mordor's only ally, who controls OoG & OotMM) subbing Mordor until a player shows interest.

I wouldn't worry about having played Mordor in hotseats before - this should be a completely different experience since Mordor is surrounded by rivals that are not united (except for Harad and Rhun, who are their own team). Combined, Mordor's team is spread out but very strong so diplomacy may make things interesting!
    Last edited by JWANT; May 15, 2015 at 08:20 PM.

So Mordor is by itself? And you can make pacts with other teams?
    sevenrealms.co.uk

JWANT's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Gimli10 View Post
    So Mordor is by itself? And you can make pacts with other teams?
    Mordor is allied with OoG and OotMM but geographically they are surrounded by enemies since Harad and Rhun are their own individual team (Gondor is with Rohan, Dale and Eriador too)

The hotseat is team based like JWANTs but the teams are based on lore not balance. It still works out somewhat balanced when faction location and potential enemies are considered.

Since it is not a good vs evil hotseat but instead a team based hotseat, pacts can be made between teams or factions but only one team can win! Full list of teams in my original post.

Meh I'd be okay with taking it until someone steps up to take it, or maybe permanently.
    sevenrealms.co.uk

JWANT's Avatar Senator

Ok Gimli you can take Mordor. You'll have Ranger as a teammate so you can share passwords in the event that one of you need to be subbed by the other. Same goes for the Men team!

JWANT's Avatar Senator

First time playing as Eriador. I can't seem to recruit any units. Is this normal?

JWANT's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Egyptian_Viking View Post
    First time playing as Eriador. I can't seem to recruit any units. Is this normal?
    Yes that is normal. Don't know why.

It's an issue with Eriador and and lasts the first 4 turns. Turn 5 you'll be able to start recruiting.
    Last edited by JWANT; May 16, 2015 at 09:40 AM.

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Content Director Citizen Gaming Staff

I think it has something to do with how Eriador transforms into Arnor if certain conditions are met. But yeah, there's nothing we can do about it.

I was thinking about the time limit. Usually we have the 24hr rule, but it doesn't seem to provide much incentive. There are often delays. You can not always play within the 24 hours, but I would see the frequency and duration of delays reduced substantially if possible.

We have 13 factions playing. The number of players is reduced by giving 2 factions to some players, however they are (rightfully) granted 48hrs instead of 24 hours.
    13 factions on itself means it is possible you only play a turn once in (nearly) 2 weeks. This is a slow pace and some people may lose interest because of that. (Those who do not also become less interested or get frustrated with the pace).

Hence I would like to introduce strict rules and/or ask everyone to play their turn on time. If you can not commit to this HS, it is better to speak up now rather than drop out after say 10 turns.

My suggestion is as follows:
    24 hours turn limit per faction with a maximum extension (in case of no notification or explanation) of 50%. This means the following for players:
    With 1 faction:
    - Play within 24 hours. Skipped after 36 hours.
    With 2 factions:
    - Play within 48 hours. Skipped after 72 hours.
    (This means, in case of notification or explanation, a further extension may be given.)

I don't want to be an ass if this sounds very firm, but I'd just like this HS to be fun for everyone, and a nice pace of turns certainly adds fun to it, at least for me!

People say these things all the time, but no punishment follows because there is nobody to replace them because TATW isn't that popular. This Is why im getting very frustrated it SOTN 2 and in SOTN 3. It takes almost 3 days to get one save up, perhaps even longer.
    sevenrealms.co.uk

For SotN2 we have good reason. Evil is about to win, so it means either we just play as fast as we can and be done with the HS in a couple of turns, or we have to carefully strategize to try to stand as long as we can, with a small chance of victory.

If you have no faith in my proposal, I am willing to take up (co-)admin role to see this done and skip without excuse.

If everyone that is currently participating in this HS agrees with this proposal, I don't see how we can not commit to it. If, for whatever reason, a player drops out, that is a different problem entirely.

Adanedhel's Avatar Campidoctor

I absolutely agree with everything Khuzaymah said. There is really not much more to add to it Hope other players find those suggestions to their liking.

Quote Originally Posted by Chieftain Khuzaymah View Post
    My suggestion is as follows:
    24 hours turn limit per faction with a maximum extension (in case of no notification or explanation) of 50%. This means the following for players:
    With 1 faction:
    - Play within 24 hours. Skipped after 36 hours.
    With 2 factions:
    - Play within 48 hours. Skipped after 72 hours.
    (This means, in case of notification or explanation, a further extension may be given.)
    Sounds fair enough, but what if something unpredictable happens? What if one get's sick, injured, or the computer breaks. Adanedhel will probably sub me if I can't play for some reason, but what will happen for those alone on their team?

For the record: I will play my 2 turns tomorrow. Just checked them out quickly today. I will edit this post when next turn is up.

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast