Thread: "Let's play"!

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Default "Let's play"!

I just came across this whilst working, I don't speak German so it might not all be good review- but make your own mind up...

The excited one's Avatar Senator

Default Re: "Let's play"!

Interesting playthrough even if its not in English. Anyways, nice progress you got there after 4 years since I joined this forum. Just one concern I didn't expect that the game has a bunch of PSFs with names on it, would that make turn change slower along with scripts?

Congrats again looking forward for an official alpha release! (incidentally EB2 team has announced that they will be releasing a newer version whilst you guise announced an alpha version at a similar time-frame)
    war is peace, ignorance is strength, freedom is slavery......
    (george orwell 1984)

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Nope there are no turntime effects, and you have the option of turning the names off completely or having them on all the time or having them appear when you mouse over them. It is giving us some bug problems however, so we may have to remove the names completely but you will be able to see the PSF/'settlement' historical info in the ancillary that is given to the occupying character.

The excited one's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Hengest View Post
    Nope there are no turntime effects
    Okay that is nice

and you have the option of turning the names off completely or having them on all the time or having them appear when you mouse over them.
    Would that complicate the gameplay and mechanism in the first place? (aka more bugs?)

It is giving us some bug problems however, so we may have to remove the names completely but you will be able to see the PSF/'settlement' historical info in the ancillary that is given to the occupying character.
    This is actually the best solution to the problem and also to ensure the map don't jumbo up all the names together in one space, when I look at Asia Minor the names of PSFs nearly block the screen so does Europe. Middle East and Sarhara is much better (must be a lack of PSFs)

Btw what happened if your PSFs got occupied by another faction? Does that mean your occupying character dies and change it to the enemy faction's occupying character?
    If so this is quite an impressive scripting by your team. No one can tweak Med 2 that extreme (even for EB2 standards)
    war is peace, ignorance is strength, freedom is slavery......
    (george orwell 1984)

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Nope there are no turntime effects, and you have the option of turning the names off completely or having them on all the time or having them appear when you mouse over them. It is giving us some bug problems however, so we may have to remove the names completely but you will be able to see the PSF/'settlement' historical info in the ancillary that is given to the occupying character.
    May be that's not the correct place for that question but what's happening to the "invisible agent" that gives the name to the PSF during the AI turn? Does it stay there or does it respawn when the player turn comes?
    Would it help if you move these invisible agents in a non-used corner of the map during AI turn and then move them back to their relevant position for the player turn?
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Foederatus

i love you men