Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Europa Perdita - Mod Goal and Current Features

Civis

Default Re: Europa Perdita - Mod Goal and Current Features

Hello all,

some thoughts while playng EP-FOTE 12TPY "Desertion from Forced March" mod combination, WRE faction:

• having weak power in family tree should give malus to unit replenishment and recruitment costs, cause people wont join easly your armies if you are low on popularity. ATM Weak power still gives lower recruitment costs.
    • the faction that spawns from a civil war seems not able to gain territories cause after every settlment siege and win, that faction never occupy settlments but it sacks instead. Maybe revmoving sacking and razing ability for mostly civilized factions should work fine to fix this. But personally I don't know how to mod this.
    • I think, if possibile, it should be good to add some loayalty penalties to generals that stands in provinces with low PO and low religion influence.

I will post more toughts further playng the game, anyway till now excelent work.

We can think about some of those things, but I'm not sure we'll make those changes. The last one could be possible through traits, but it might be annoying to play. Could work if we did it right, maybe. As far as the first one, I don't want to add even more penalties to low power, but we very well may rework the political power effects. Of course, if you're using FotE, you're seeing FotE's political power effect changes currently. In the future, we may use similar political power effects, but we'll see.

I know that modders have made mods to reduce the stack spawning. Can it not be negated all together?

It could be, but I'm not sure we want to go in that direction. The Huns are the late-game threat. Removing the additional stacks entirely would make them much less dangerous, and of course more likely to be destroyed before Attila even has a chance to lead them. Allowing them to settle doesn't really solve that, unless they get some huge scripted autoresolve bonus like Mitch's major factions mod in Rome 2.

Quote Originally Posted by SargonTheDude View Post
    I know that modders have made mods to reduce the stack spawning. Can it not be negated all together?
    Ive reduced the army limits for myself to about half of the current ones and I must say it creates a really boring campaign. Once you ve secured your borders theres nothing threatening you anymore since your enemies cant rush you with 4 vs 1 stacks. It might be stupid but it makes for a better campaign overall.

However if you re talking only about Huns I agree

I've noticed (well, I've actually searched to find out if they exist) that there are a few mods that either remove razing or change it into sacking. Is there a possibility that the Perdita team will add something similar in the next update?

I don't think we'll do that, not in the main mod. Maybe as a submod.

Senator

Instead of removing razing it would be better in my opinion to make the AI better at colonizing. In my current campaign I had it two times as far as I remember that the AI occupied a razed region but then nothing really happened to develope it. And there are a lot of additional promising razed regions one or the other faction could colonize. I'm usually strongly against different rules for player and AI but could an easier colonizing for the AI or maybe even a kind of forced colonizing be implemented? Or is it hardcoded and beyond modding range?

There is probably something we can do. I have noticed that behavior you're talking about, and I think we can make it easier for the AI. I have seem them recolonize regions, but it does take some time to develop it (or perhaps the AI doesn't have the money left sometimes to develop it?). Definitely something to look into.

Hi!

Who understand, it fundamental differences ?

Because at Steam writes "An excellent campaign mod that is compatible with this mod is Europa Perdita." (link)

And is there a differenсе witch one prioritize launch?

Make sure that FotE is higher in the load order. It should be by default. FotE will overwrite several parts of EP, but they are fully compatible as long as they're in the correct load order.

Ducenarius

so i wanted to give you guys a feedback about your mod.its AWESOME
    Nevertheless there is a huge drawback.in the first 20 30 turns all horde factions are eliminated cause the setttled ones are too rich and can spam many armies at once.
    As a result the game gets poored mid to late game with only a bunch of factions left.

So my proposal is to enable re-emerging as rebel facions the horded ones where the originally migrated.E.g. Suebians rebel in Spain Vandals in Africa an so on.

We are trying to work on a way for hordes to survive longer. It's not easy to balance.

But... we already have enabled horde factions to re-emerge from certain parts of the map - not those where they migrated, but closer to where they originated (those desolate areas in the northeastern part of the map, mostly).
    Last edited by Augustusng; May 16, 2016 at 09:29 AM.

Ducenarius

how do they re emerge.is it a scripted scenario?and what hordes does this include

No, its not scripted. It just happens if that faction gets destroyed. They can emerge again, just like any of the regular emergent factions, if there's a rebellion in one of those regions or a faction liberates them. It includes all hordes except for the Huns, since they get scripted stack spawns anyway.

Any updates anytime soon?

SoonTM, of course. Well, we've all been busy recently, so mod work has been slow. Hopefully we'll be able to get something out soon.

Senator

I started a new TW:Attila campaign, to take a holiday from the boring toned down TW:Warhammer campaign features, and used the first time EP together with FotE which I used in my older campaigns. What I do not really get is the decision to make garrisoning decrease public order. It was also in DeI and I strongly disliked it and used the noPO mod.

I know that billeting troops in settlements in antiquity or the medieval times was a constant annoyance to the inhabitants and disliked and sometimes the source of disturbances. But I see public order in the game mainly as a factor to lead to rebellion, not public wellfare, and it's rather unlikely that a province would rebel because/when a strong army was near. The Roman comitatenses armies were mainly billeted in cities and towns which added to their military shortfalls but never led to a bigger rebellion as far as I know. When there were rebellions, and the Romans were of course the masters of civil war, it were the armies and their leaders themselves who started it.

I changed the public order effects of garrisons back to vanilla already, so I demand nothing but perhaps you could make a small submod like that for DeI with garrisons increasing public order?

Sure, that's easy. Really, it's easier for us than for DeI, since we currently have a much simpler version of that feature than the one in DeI. The idea behind it isn't so much a historical one as a way to make the player think a little more about where they put their armies. Of course, we could try to do that some other way instead (upkeep costs, etc). Well, we did upkeep costs as well, so there's that.

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Augustusng View Post
    Sure, that's easy. Really, it's easier for us than for DeI, since we currently have a much simpler version of that feature than the one in DeI. The idea behind it isn't so much a historical one as a way to make the player think a little more about where they put their armies. Of course, we could try to do that some other way instead (upkeep costs, etc). Well, we did upkeep costs as well, so there's that.
    Wath about army increase disease spread chance also?