Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Europa Perdita - Mod Goal and Current Features

Default Re: Europa Perdita - Mod Goal and Current Features

Okay, found it on Steam. I'll see how it works. I just hope the AI deals with it well enough.

EDIT: Okay, so I've looked at it. I don't think we'll be adding that to EP, as it basically modifies the same values that I used for "transports only through ports," but uses a smaller number. I'm not sure I like that solution any better.
    Last edited by Augustusng; March 27, 2016 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Augustusng View Post
    EDIT: Okay, so I've looked at it. I don't think we'll be adding that to EP, as it basically modifies the same values that I used for "transports only through ports," but uses a smaller number. I'm not sure I like that solution any better.
    Whelp, too bad. But at least, judging by what you said, it seems to be easly modifiable

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Noticing the question about "No Forced March" mod now..

Well scripting is only for UI so that you won't even see the button of "Forced march" which is becoming the exact same of "Normal stance" with the mod.
    So scripting stuff can be deleted and it won't harm the mod in any way, just visual.

Yep, I've thought about removing forced march, and it's something that might happen in the future. I like the idea of removing it, as it makes you think a little more carefully about how you move armies around, and also slows down the campaign. I have thought about increasing campaign movement generally to make up for it though. I'm not sure how that would play.

You could replace force march with a patrol march like in DeI to keep the slot active?
    The guy who used to test DeI and FotE on Mac.

Yep, if we remove forced march, we'll probably replace it with something like that.

Forced march is a good mechanic actually but sometimes causing ridiculous stuff

I did a short test run as the Huns on Hard and I must say I'm impressed, especially with the diplo changes.
    I tried to be nice to my initial vassal factions and they actually for once didn't break away ASAP. Also the Western Romans gave me a couple of gifts out of the blue, which has never happened to me before. Good work!

To somewhat replicate having farming regions etc, is it possible to add the 'adjacent' effect to food? Like sanitation, public order, religion etc has that. So a field produces less money but allows you to provide food to adjacent provinces for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Arimahn View Post
    I did a short test run as the Huns on Hard and I must say I'm impressed, especially with the diplo changes.
    I tried to be nice to my initial vassal factions and they actually for once didn't break away ASAP. Also the Western Romans gave me a couple of gifts out of the blue, which has never happened to me before. Good work!
    Thanks, but I'm not sure how much of that is because of the mod. There's a certain amount of random chance involved AI faction leader personalities, so maybe you've got vassals with the "loyal" or "admires strong empires" traits. Keep an eye on them if the faction leader dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Delicate Strawberry View Post
    To somewhat replicate having farming regions etc, is it possible to add the 'adjacent' effect to food? Like sanitation, public order, religion etc has that. So a field produces less money but allows you to provide food to adjacent provinces for example.
    Yes, this is possible. We might add this sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by Augustusng View Post
    Yes, this is possible. We might add this sooner or later.
    Woo You've likely already thought of it, but just incase you hadn't...

Primicerius

Will this mod be purely gameplay mechanics or will it reskin units?

Good mod by the way :-)

For now it's just gameplay mechanics. We don't really have anyone on the team to do unit reskins, so we're sticking to the other stuff for now. Also as it is, we're currently compatible with most reskin mods, so people can choose which one they like.

And thanks!

Senator

I'm using FotE currently and consider to add EP to it. What concerns me a bit is the "shipping only through ports feature". Does it allow you also to use ports of factions allowing you military access? In my last campaign as Aksum (my preferred faction) I was allied with ERE and had military access (to reach the sea) and started at one point an expedition to help out in Italy. That would not have been possible with your mod maybe because I did not own any port myself at the Mediterranean Sea.

Another question: is the mod savegame compatible or should I start a new campaign?
    Last edited by geala; March 31, 2016 at 03:00 AM.

You talk of changing "Local (religion) traditions" throu startpos.

Is there any way to change those after campaign is started?
    Like religious buildings lower them or so?

Well, I don't think you can do them with buildings, but as far as modding goes, the levels of religion you start with don't have to be the same as the local traditions in that region. Those are defined in the region_religions table, so you can set that to be different than the starting values.

So local traditions are permanent, well thats not good imo. Even traditions can change in time but not in this game obviously.

Thanks still, I'll look at it

Primicerius

Have you guys considered increasing the movement points of transport ships by much more? I think it is very inaccurate to take 3/4 of a year to travel from Africa to northern Italy lol. Will you change movement points in general? Armies could often travel far distances is half as much time as R2TW shows. Like 1 year to go from Spain to Germany.

The heart of Germany to the heart of Spain is 1,004 miles (http://www.entfernungsrechner.net/en.../es/country/de), and if a modern soldier is traveling with his standard gear he is expected to march 20 kilometers, which is 12 miles in three hours (might be different in other countries militaries). So 36 miles in 9 hours of marching. So if a day's march is 9 hours then it will take about 28 days to get to one place to the other. Of course terrain might slow or speed up the march, including the quality of troops.

Can I please have my huge marching distances? You already made other historical accuracy changes!

Talking of transport ships; is it possible to change their movement range while not touching of the navies?

I was working on that a while ago but couldn't do it unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyar Son View Post
    Have you guys considered increasing the movement points of transport ships by much more? I think it is very inaccurate to take 3/4 of a year to travel from Africa to northern Italy lol. Will you change movement points in general? Armies could often travel far distances is half as much time as R2TW shows. Like 1 year to go from Spain to Germany.

The heart of Germany to the heart of Spain is 1,004 miles (http://www.entfernungsrechner.net/en.../es/country/de), and if a modern soldier is traveling with his standard gear he is expected to march 20 kilometers, which is 12 miles in three hours (might be different in other countries militaries). So 36 miles in 9 hours of marching. So if a day's march is 9 hours then it will take about 28 days to get to one place to the other. Of course terrain might slow or speed up the march, including the quality of troops.

Can I please have my huge marching distances? You already made other historical accuracy changes!
    I have considered it, and might add something like that, but movement distance is always a gameplay concern. I know the movement distances are too small realistically, but I think making them too much bigger would cause problems for gameplay. Though if I did increase movement distance, I would get rid of forced march.
    Quote Originally Posted by SharpEyed View Post
    Talking of transport ships; is it possible to change their movement range while not touching of the navies?

I was working on that a while ago but couldn't do it unfortunately.
    In theory it should be. There was some issue with modding the naval_units table a while ago, which I think was one way to do this. I'm not sure if that's still a problem.