Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Europa Perdita - Mod Goal and Current Features

Civis

Default Re: Europa Perdita - Mod Goal and Current Features

My Windows 10 antivirus recognize the FOTE version as a malware! any tip?

Well, I'm pretty sure it's not malware. I guess you could tell your antivirus to make an exception for that file.

Civis

I haven't played much Attila lately because of work and haven't yet tried out this mod. I'm off on Tuesday and will play a little bit tomorrow (Monday) evening. One thing that seems good, though, is that hordes can't go to sea at all. Earlier when I've taken Constantinople as the Visigoths I have had my army standing outside the wall and used a few units to land their ships in the back of the defenders. The army outside the wall have forced the AI to place all the defenders of the city on the wall or on the ground close to it. The units that land in one of the ports are sent to occupy the victory point and capture point not far away from it. If there's an ERE fleet in the harbour the AI never sends the marines/sailors off the ships to defend the points, and when the Visigoth units enter the point areas the AI doesn't react and the game is over 150 seconds after the victory point belongs to the Visigoths. Only a few of the Visigoth's are dead and all the defenders die. A very easy win that won't be possible with this mod unless you're a faction with ships.

Thanks to Magnar for use of his Magnar Mechanics mods
    Which of Magnar's mods are you using? I have in my list of mods some from Magnar. The mods of him I use are: A reasonable populace, Reduced ZoC, Slower armies, Stronger barricades, Stronger walls, Tower nerf and Younger characters. If you have all of them I won't have to load them. If you only have a few of them it would've been good to know which I should continue loading.
    Last edited by Pethom; March 06, 2016 at 05:38 PM.

Currently, EP only includes Magnar's war weariness mod for the grand campaign. Soon we'll also be adding a modified version of his climate change mod. None of the others are included. I think most are compatible for now, so you'd be okay using them.

However, I haven't updated EP for the new patch yet. I've run into a nasty CTD on launch trying to update the mod, and I'm slowly trying to narrow down where I made a mistake. Hopefully I'll have something in the next day or two, just a playable version for now. Big updates with some startpos edits are planned soon though.

If you want to try the hordes not going to sea feature before I get this updated, I've also made that as a standalone mod, transports only through ports. It should be compatible with almost anything.

Civis

Soon we'll also be adding a modified version of his climate change mod.
    Is Magnar's mod very different from Dresden's Seasons mod or are they maybe more or less the same? I noticed that SharpEyed's No Forced March mod is in conflict with EP. Do you have some reduction of forced march in EP or some other changes similar to what might be in No Forced March?

Thanks for a quick reply once more.

Magnar's Climate Change mod does something totally different from Dresden's Seasons mod. It basically makes regional fertility use a scale of 10 levels rather than 5, so the changes are more gradual. You should be able to use Dresden's Seasons mod with EP, by the way.

For No Forced March, I think you'll be okay, as long as you load it before EP. We've changed a few things with stances, which is why it might register as a conflict, but as long as his changes overwrite EP you should be okay.

Magnar's mod changes the fertility levels after each climate change event to lessen the effects, otherwise even breadbasket provinces like Aegyptus or Asoristan are nearly useless in late-game.

EDIT: What Augustusng​ said.

Civis

Ok, it's me again quoting what August just said.

For No Forced March, I think you'll be okay, as long as you load it before EP. We've changed a few things ... but as long as his changes overwrite EP you should be okay.
    I might understand something wrong when it comes to mods and load order. If NFM is loaded before EP, doesn't EP overwrite NFM when it loads after that one? The one loading last overwrites the one loading first, right? So if I want NFM to overwrite EP, shouldn't I load EP before NFM?

Another question...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    ... about Mitch's Mod Manager.

As far as I understand it in this picture, unit_mod.pack is lower down and subsequently loaded first and 8TurnsPerYear.pack is higher up and loaded after unit_mod.pack and over writing it. Or is it the other way round that what is lower down in the list is understood as higher up in the mod manager so 8Turns... is loaded first and overwritten by unit_mod? I don't remember how it was with the mod manager I used for Skyrim. But I think that unit_mod loads first and is overwritten by 8TurnsPerYear.

My last post for now. If I get answers to these last questions I'm finally able to start trying out EP.
    Last edited by Pethom; March 07, 2016 at 05:06 PM.

Nope, it's the other way around, oddly enough. Though... hmmm... actually, I should check that mod. Ah, the conflict is the scripting.lua file (used for Magnar's war weariness mod). In that case, I'm not sure on compatibility. I mean, if there's an issue, your game will probably just crash, or one feature won't work (war weariness or the forced march removal). Anyway, your game will crash with EP currently, since I haven't updated it for the patch yet.

But I'll update EP within the next couple of days. I figured out that crash issue (had to update the cai_personalities_tables schema), but there are some small things I want to add to the mod first before I release it.
    Last edited by Augustusng; March 07, 2016 at 06:00 PM.

Civis

(used for Mitch's war weariness mod)
    You of course mean Magnar's war weariness. And I think I understand the load order in the mod manager. It has to be the way I already had it with the exception that I need to move EP a bit higher up if the main overhaul mods should be loaded later on.

Time to try the mod for an hour or so. I'm off work tomorrow so if I later on decide that "It's time to go to bed, but I'm just going to..." and continue playing for another two hours it's no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Pethom View Post
    You of course mean Magnar's war weariness. And I think I understand the load order in the mod manager. It has to be the way I already had it with the exception that I need to move EP a bit higher up if the main overhaul mods should be loaded later on.

Time to try the mod for an hour or so. I'm off work tomorrow so if I later on decide that "It's time to go to bed, but I'm just going to..." and continue playing for another two hours it's no big deal.
    Oops, yes. That's what I meant. Mitch did do the war weariness for AoC I think, and the mod manager is his work.

I think the last version of the mod 0.2b has not been uploaded. Just now i downloaded the fote version and the game crashed.

Oops, yeah. You're right. Thanks for noticing that. I must've uploaded it to Mediafire instead of Google Drive by mistake, sorry about that! It's fixed now though.

Despite my bug reports, I'm really liking this mod. It adds a lot of stuff that really was missing, and combines a lot of features I like. I'll be testing this for a good while. I wish more people had Macs to help, but I guess volunteering as the Mac tester was not the smartest idea.
    The guy who used to test DeI and FotE on Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by Delicate Strawberry View Post
    I guess volunteering as the Mac tester was not the smartest idea.
    Well, someone has to do it, I guess. What if someone else tries to play it on a Mac and runs into all those bugs? Still not sure there's much I can do about them though...

Ha, probably not. So far it's been pretty much impossible to work out what's actually causing the problems. A lot seem to get fixed by mistake, so there's always hope.
    The guy who used to test DeI and FotE on Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by Augustusng View Post
    You should be able to land anywhere. Getting back to sea... not so much. I understand that Viking argument, but... I don't think it's possible to change it just for one faction, and anyway that change is really there for the sake of hordes. It's more important, to me at least, that hordes be unable to go to sea, than for the Danes to be able to get back to sea after raiding on land. Anyway, sacking ports as the Danes should still work well.
    I know that there is a mod which makes possible to embark troops without ports, but the action takes 3(?) turns (if I remember correctly this means that the army will sail, but it will remain idle for three turns). It could be a nice tradeoff

On a sidenote, will mods like Houses, ranks and bonds and better Trait triggers be useless in combination with this mod?

I haven't seen that mod, but I guess that's worth looking into.

As far as those other mods... at the moment, not every faction has the house traits in EP, but we're working on it. Eventually you won't need that mod alongside EP at all, but for now it might be okay unless you're playing any Norse faction, the Alamans, or the Sassanids. You can use better trait triggers in combination with EP for now. We haven't included it yet, but we might eventually have something similar. Well, I'm not 100% sure both of those would be compatible, but I think you'll be okay as long as you load EP first (make sure it's named higher alphabetically).

Quote Originally Posted by ivanpera View Post
    I know that there is a mod which makes possible to embark troops without ports, but the action takes 3(?) turns (if I remember correctly this means that the army will sail, but it will remain idle for three turns). It could be a nice tradeoff

On a sidenote, will mods like Houses, ranks and bonds and better Trait triggers be useless in combination with this mod?
    It is compatible with the better trait triggers mod, in version 0.3 at least

Concerning, the houses, ranks and bonds: we developed our own system for that

Quote Originally Posted by Augustusng View Post
    I haven't seen that mod, but I guess that's worth looking into.
    The mod is called "Constructing transport ships takes longer"