Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Europa Perdita - Mod Goal and Current Features

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Default Re: Europa Perdita - Mod Goal and Current Features

Quote Originally Posted by miTo82 View Post
    On the other hand, having mods that change different parts of the game have one really big benefit too: You can choose your prefered mods by your own =)

For me, I use FOTE for the units, Augustungs Mods for the game mechanics and Tuskmod for the battle mechanics. The good thing so far is, that none of these mods have any important conflicts. So, as long there is no big overhaul that blows my mind, using some “smaller” mods is a good way to find the prefered gameplay…
    well that might be right but sometimes having a one big overhaul is better than using tons of small mods

that's why Radious is most popular of all

Black9's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by miTo82 View Post
    On the other hand, having mods that change different parts of the game have one really big benefit too: You can choose your prefered mods by your own =)

For me, I use FOTE for the units, Augustungs Mods for the game mechanics and Tuskmod for the battle mechanics. The good thing so far is, that none of these mods have any important conflicts. So, as long there is no big overhaul that blows my mind, using some “smaller” mods is a good way to find the prefered gameplay…
    Tuskmod's battle mechanics won't affect any of the new units in FotE. Well, it'll affect things like weapons and armor, but as far as the health, costs, melee attack/defense, it won't. Depending on how the tables are set up it might not even effect their special abilities.

This is all moot if you've used PFM to adjust for those things accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Black9 View Post
    None of the migrations went by sea, all were by land.
    The Vandals crossed the sea from hispania to Africa So they did indeed migrate across the sea using boats that they made probably inspired by the Romans of the region. BOOM History! Also they continued to use those skills when they spread across Sardinia, Sicily, canary islands etc I suppose by that point however they where no longer migrating and occupying the north African coast
    Last edited by zylyithe; May 21, 2015 at 11:50 PM.
    “Do not sleep under a roof. Carry no money or food. Go alone to places frightening to the common brand of men. Become a criminal of purpose. Be put in jail, and extricate yourself by your own wisdom.”
    -- Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings.

We are each of us stronger than we think.
    --Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by zylyithe View Post
    The Vandals crossed the sea from hispania to Africa So they did indeed migrate across the sea using boats that they made probably inspired by the Romans of the region. BOOM History! Also they continued to use those skills when they spread across Sardinia, Sicily, canary islands etc I suppose by that point however they where no longer migrating and occupying the north African coast
    I don't want to start a historical argument here - that's what the historical discussion forum is for - but if the Vandals had any ships at all before crossing to Africa, it was only enough for that crossing. They never had a real fleet until they captured Carthage and the Roman ships at the port there.

I think it's great making hordes unable to travel by ship, it's weird playing as the WRE and having sometimes to sink the Goths in the Adriatic.

I've got this little pet peeve as well that WRE Emperor Honorious isn't 10 years old at game start as he should be, I don't suppose it's possible to do something about that?

One of the things about Vanilla is it seems to have the balance of the unit costs about right and the need to make good choices about where you place your armies as the WRE at game start, I hope it stays like this...but ofc you may have better ideas.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ksaweri View Post
    I've got this little pet peeve as well that WRE Emperor Honorious isn't 10 years old at game start as he should be, I don't suppose it's possible to do something about that?
    I haven't thought about this yet - it should be possible, but perhaps he'd have to start as the faction heir. Maybe we could do something similar to the Attila script in vanilla, where Attila becomes the faction leader as soon as he comes of age.

As far as unit costs and armies, we haven't changed much there yet, except that the WRE does start with larger income in this mod (a side effect of building changes. We'll try to fix this with startpos edits). We do plan on changes to units and battles, but we haven't done any of that yet.
    Last edited by Augustusng; June 06, 2015 at 10:06 AM.

Using a script like Attila has sounds like a good solution if you get around to doing it in the future.

Is it possible to mod in the ability to move capital, as the WRE one was moved to Ravenna a bit later on. No big deal but I do find it strange TW has regressed in that regard.

When I play as other factions I sometimes see the WRE collapse (usually alot quicker than what actually happened, but I dont think that can be helped much with the way the game is) with Saxon and Scandinavian factions taking over Italy and I wonder how best they can be diverted to Britain at least first, if possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Ksaweri View Post
    Using a script like Attila has sounds like a good solution if you get around to doing it in the future.

Is it possible to mod in the ability to move capital, as the WRE one was moved to Ravenna a bit later on. No big deal but I do find it strange TW has regressed in that regard.

When I play as other factions I sometimes see the WRE collapse (usually alot quicker than what actually happened, but I dont think that can be helped much with the way the game is) with Saxon and Scandinavian factions taking over Italy and I wonder how best they can be diverted to Britain at least first, if possible?
    I don't think the ability to move capitals is possible, though there are some mods I think that move it to Ravenna immediately.

As far as the WRE collapsing, that should be a bit slower in this mod. I've even seen the WRE capture new territories when I played as the Huns (probably because they didn't have to worry about the Huns...). I don't know if it's possible to make factions like the Saxons attack Britain first, but for what it's worth, I've seen the Jutes attack Britain fairly often in my games.

Alright, is it possible to put the Celts on a 10 turn timer at the start (the one where you have just signed a diplomatic deal with them) so there's maybe more of a chance for Britain to revolt and/or the Scandinavians/Saxons taking that land?

Once I played as the Saxons, and after I took out the Franks the WRE raided me from Britain with a big fleet. I found that funny!

Playing as the ERE in Vanilla after I took out the Sassanids I vassalised alot of the east only for them to revolt pretty quickly. I understand that's pretty historic but client states seem pretty useless in general, when the Sassanids declared war Nobatia refused to help (as they were a vassal I had no choice but to call them in) and Egypt was taken over by them as I had other more important things in mind for my armies.

Next time I play my policy is just going to be to raze the enemy rather than create client states as I know I'll just have to fight them again pretty soon. Will this mod be able to improve on the diplomatic situation regarding client states?

I guess that 10 turn thing is possible, but I don't think there's a way to guarantee they won't attack (without heavy scripting).

The main issue with both this issue and client states is that AI faction leader personalities are the main factor in relations, and they're determined randomly. Your ERE game was just unlucky. I don't know if there's a way to change the chance of certain AI personality types, but maybe I could make some changes to the client state system (I think I can edit whether or not they're required to join your wars).

Alright cool, thanks for taking the time to reply.

Foederatus

Seems like very good mod thx

Civis

Can we have an anticipation of the next update, what it will contain?

I can't give you a date. I've been pretty busy, and updating everything for Charlemagne might take a while. The next update will likely be just a compatibility fix to make sure the mod still works with the new DLC. Depending on how things go (and if we can anticipate any future DLC), we might begin doing some startpos changes after that, to do things like editing regional fertility, religions (to make both Roman factions have the same religion, for example), and the starting positions of some factions (probably changes to Sassanids and satrapies, maybe a few other factions). The plague and sanitation overhaul might need some refinement as well. There's still some weird stuff happening in terms of which plagues show up, and how often.

But... we have some new things in the works, including a battle overhaul and possibly new character traits. We might keep the battle overhaul as a separate pack though, to keep compatibility with battle mods. This might change if we make significant roster changes in the future though.
    Last edited by Augustusng; December 03, 2015 at 10:52 AM.

Hey, is there a way to use this mod without the custom faction emblems? No offense but I like the originals more.

You just have to delete the UI folder in the mod pack. Well, you'll also lose one other small change, but that change isn't working properly at the moment anyway, so no big deal. We might rework the emblems in the future though.

Is this going to be updated? Cause really like the direction of it!

Yes, I'm planning to release an update in a few days, depending on how much time I have. Mostly bugfixes, but hopefully TLR will be playable in EP after this update, and we've got some other stuff coming soon.

I am eagerly waiting for the update! I like the direction of this mod.

bobbyr's Avatar Semisalis

Thank you for constantly updating the FotE version, I really love these two mods as a combination. They clearly beat all other mods atm.