Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Europa Perdita - Mod Goal and Current Features

Default Re: Europa Perdita - Mod Goal and Current Features

Well, starting settlements with less buildings would require me to redo the startpos (which I do plan to do eventually to add some more substantial changes, but not soon). Maybe something I could do, but there's also an argument for leaving the Romans and Sassanids with fairly well-developed settlements to begin with. And I have already reduced growth quite a bit from vanilla, but I could reduce some more of those effects, sure.

Your new raiding stance effect sounds cool! As far as building upkeep, I'd prefer to keep it a fixed number rather than a percentage, just so it's easier to see where your money is going, and it makes a bit more sense. Of course a percentage would be much easier to scale. The reason we didn't have fixed numbers in DeI is because you can't really do that in Rome 2, so we had to find a way around it and went with the provincial income penalties and empire maintenance.

Yes but the percentage would fix the problen of amassing huge quantities of cash over the turns. Its easier to see where the money is going as you said but on the other hand theres no point in priorotizing civilian over military growth as you have unlimited money for both.

Civis

I'm modding campaign stances and saw that you tweaked some stances and one of them is garrison stance and i have question about it. You did add negative public order from being garrisoned but it doesn't solve anything because public order is gained from military presence ( depending on force quantity) due to it you get massive bonus up to +13. It should be scripted or hardcoded maybe any of you can answer here how it works ?

Yeah, the way we've implemented it is pretty weak, just a placeholder effect we put in ages ago really. We'd have to script it to make it work properly like DeI. Maybe that's something we'll look into eventually. Maybe better just to get rid of that penalty for now though.

Civis

Did you tweak family trees ? I can't make my generals produce any children already on 50 + turn. And I tried to tweak child chance but i don't think it's working.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Any chance we could get the faction changing feature we've seen in AoC implemented? I'd love to be able to recreate the Roman Empire and actually have my faction be called "Imperium Romanum" instead of Eastern or Western Romans etc.
    Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowtwinz View Post
    Did you tweak family trees ? I can't make my generals produce any children already on 50 + turn. And I tried to tweak child chance but i don't think it's working.
    We haven't touched family tree mechanics at all. You're just unlucky this campaign.
    Quote Originally Posted by isa0005 View Post
    Any chance we could get the faction changing feature we've seen in AoC implemented? I'd love to be able to recreate the Roman Empire and actually have my faction be called "Imperium Romanum" instead of Eastern or Western Romans etc.
    Cheers!
    There's a chance. The team has talked about this, and it's certainly something we might implement in the future.

Civis

How do I make AI tributary besides paying them 10-20k ? Playing as Visigoths their faction traits increase tributary state incomes by 500 but to form tributary you have to bribe. Or you tried to restrict this option to certain factions ? So may devs can point me where I can tweak to make it easier to achieve ?

If you're very powerful and a small faction that likes you is about to be destroyed or is simply significantly weaker than you, they might be more willing to become a tributary state. Also of course you can use the "subjugate" option when you capture a faction's last settlement to turn them into a tributary state.

We haven't really changed much of the mechanics about forming tributary/puppet states, except indirectly through the diplomatic changes. I don't think we've changed any of the variables that directly govern how likely a faction is to accept becoming a tributary state. I've avoided making too many changes to the CAI (though there are some) to avoid anything weird going on. Still there is some weird stuff sometimes.

As far as which value needs editing... let me check. I've forgotten which table this is in, but I'll take a look. EDIT: I think it's in cai_personality_deal_evaluation_deal_component_values. The lines you'd want to edit are the "REQUEST_CLIENT_STATE" (for tributary states) and "REQUEST_VASSALAGE" (for puppet states) ones, I think. There are a lot of values you can edit in that table, and I'm not 100% sure how each of them works, so that's at your own risk.
    Last edited by Augustusng; February 19, 2017 at 12:56 PM.

There will be a new update?

SoonTM.

What time I can spare for Total War these days goes to helping DeI 1.2 get ready for release. EP will be updated, but most likely not until DeI 1.2 has a full release.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Augustusng View Post
    SoonTM.

What time I can spare for Total War these days goes to helping DeI 1.2 get ready for release. EP will be updated, but most likely not until DeI 1.2 has a full release.
    Can't wait, for both...
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; March 01, 2017 at 03:27 PM.

legio_XX's Avatar Ordinarius

Hey Augustusng just got to try out this mod a bit on hard mode FOTE on the west and by turn 10 every single general including my heir has rebelled. FOTE is too easy alone but with EP its almost impossible. Every general that stays with the loyal half of the army has 1 to 3 and drops per turn. I have only lost 2 battles and one 9 yet still every turn I lost loyalty. I tried three different play troughs and I cant seem to get the hang of it or keep anyone loyal no matter what I do. Any tips as to what I am doing wrong?
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"

Loyalty is manageable in EP by itself, and in FotE by itself, but with them together you've got a more difficult situation - EP drops the loyalty for all Roman generals slightly, and FotE gives them the possibility of rebelling at loyalty levels 1-4, not just 1-3 (I think).

You can try... putting Honorius in charge of an army and having him fight battles. The situation should improve as he levels up and gains more influence. Other than that, you'll have to pay very close attention to the politics screen.

Really, I haven't played as the WRE in quite a while, so I'm not sure what's best there. Anyone else with thoughts on this who's played as the WRE more recently?

Loyalty is manageable in EP by itself, and in FotE by itself, but with them together you've got a more difficult situation - EP drops the loyalty for all Roman generals slightly, and FotE gives them the possibility of rebelling at loyalty levels 1-4, not just 1-3 (I think).

You can try... putting Honorius in charge of an army and having him fight battles. The situation should improve as he levels up and gains more influence. Other than that, you'll have to pay very close attention to the politics screen.

Really, I haven't played as the WRE in quite a while, so I'm not sure what's best there. Anyone else with thoughts on this who's played as the WRE more recently?
    My WRE campaign (Hard setting) using the combined FotE and Europa Perdita (12 Tpy) has been the most tense and enjoyable gameplay, I have experienced in recent memory. The loyalty settings for the two combined mods, recreates the historical instability of the empire when it is ruled by a weak and ineffectual emperor. I enjoy the fact when I appoint a governor I have to watch him very close, lest he conjures a desire for independent power. I have had to at times seek peace and co operation with rebels to be able to deal with barbarian incursions. Every turn (I am around turn 42) is a constant struggle just to hold my fractured empire together. Surrounded by internal and external forces tearing apart the concept of Pax Romana.

So in closing Augustusng, please to not tamper with the settings. I feel they create a real challenge, something that has been lacking in TW games for so long.

My thanks

That's high praise right there. And here I was thinking big factions are too easy in EP. Maybe the ERE and the Sassanids are still easy though...

That's high praise right there. And here I was thinking big factions are too easy in EP. Maybe the ERE and the Sassanids are still easy though...
    My first campaign start with the FotE/EP combo. Was with the ERE, I wanted to get a feel for the new features the mods provide. By playing ERE which is an easier go than the WRE. And in a sense rightly so when one reflects on the historical record.

I look forward to any updates to may add to Europa Perdita ( when time permits). It is a well crafted campaign mod and worthy of praise.

Do units have low upkeep value even in EP?

EP has some imperium-based changes to upkeep, but those change as your faction gets bigger. We haven't changed any vanilla upkeep values, if that's what you're asking.

I tested the mod and vanilla with the Saxons. Already in the beginning of the campaign the Nordic Pikemen has the upkeep of 130 in vanila and in EP 65.
    I tested the mod and vanilla with the Saxons. Already in the beginning of the campaign the Nordic Pikemen has the upkeep of 130 in vanila and in EP 65.