Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa Perdita - Mod Goal and Current Features

m_1512's Avatar Quomodo vales?
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Europa Perdita - Mod Goal and Current Features

Goal of the mod
    The goal of the mod is to provide more depth to the campaign, aiming to give the campaign the feeling of vastness and complexity that the RTW campaign had. The mod will focus first on the campaign aspects before moving to other features. Currently, the game in many ways, feels too streamlined or incomplete, even though it is leaps ahead of Rome 2. Our very first goal is the to take up gameplay features that lack depth, and fill them up, keeping in tune with the vision. The overall goal with many of the changes is partly increased authenticity, but also to make the game more enjoyable by reworking some mechanics to make campaign gameplay more dynamic. A simple example is the reworking of certain diplomatic effects, with the end result that AI faction leader personalities are more important in determining relations than factors like imperium level. Another good example of this is to overhaul religions to make them feel as an important part of the ongoing campaign. The changes that are currently in pipeline (basic idea) to be discussed and made into features are vanilla campaign features similar to the above. The changes would be a balance between historical and dynamic gameplay, to make the mechanics more enjoyable.

Current features
    • New faction symbols for many factions. More to come in future updates.
    • Authentic Faction and City Names - Faction and city names replaced with more authentic ones, endonyms where possible.
    • Building and economy overhaul focusing on a more rational balance by adding maintenance costs to buildings and reducing corruption.
    • Several campaign tweaks, including transports only through Ports - Armies can only go to sea through ports. This means that hordes cannot go to sea at all.
    • Revised Diplomatic Effects (with new additional political enhancements) - Imperium is now less important in diplomacy than the personalities of faction leaders.
    • Revised Faction Traits - Attempting to replace some of the “gamey” faction traits with more realistic ones.
    • Imperium Increase from Technology Removed - self explanatory. Imperium no longer increases due to technology research.
    • Plague and sanitation overhaul - More tools to fight plagues, and more differences between different plagues
    • Religion overhaul - Effects, diplomatic relations modifiers, building effects, public order penalties, and more reworked
    • Edict overhaul - One new edict, all others reworked
    • Political effects reworked
    • WIP traits overhaul - historical, religious, heirloom, and house/tribe traits
    Last edited by Augustusng; October 11, 2017 at 08:24 PM.

Default Re: Europa Perdita - Mod Goal and Current Features

Loving the ideas so far! Can't wait for the basic battle overhaul as well!

One question though...
    Armies can only go to sea through ports.
    Does that involve landing armies as well? As far as I know, Viking ships landed in Britain without the need of ports, they basically dragged their ships onto the shore no? Correct me if I'm horribly mistaken! I love the idea, however, there should be some exceptions maybe? Something like special faction traits for example? Danes don't get seasick and have no sea attrition "and can land and depart their ships anywhere" or something.. I'm just thinking out loud right now!

Keep it up though, can't wait for the next release!

Quote Originally Posted by LevinS89 View Post
    Loving the ideas so far! Can't wait for the basic battle overhaul as well!

One question though... Does that involve landing armies as well? As far as I know, Viking ships landed in Britain without the need of ports, they basically dragged their ships onto the shore no? Correct me if I'm horribly mistaken! I love the idea, however, there should be some exceptions maybe? Something like special faction traits for example? Danes don't get seasick and have no sea attrition "and can land and depart their ships anywhere" or something.. I'm just thinking out loud right now!

Keep it up though, can't wait for the next release!
    You should be able to land anywhere. Getting back to sea... not so much. I understand that Viking argument, but... I don't think it's possible to change it just for one faction, and anyway that change is really there for the sake of hordes. It's more important, to me at least, that hordes be unable to go to sea, than for the Danes to be able to get back to sea after raiding on land. Anyway, sacking ports as the Danes should still work well.

Sounds very promising.
    My one worry is that with the removal of Hordes abilities to travel by boat, (which, considering the number of times I've caught Attila cruising around the Mediterranean, is an understandable change) the player and computer won't be able to recreate events like the Vandal conquest of North Africa. Though I guess they did settle in Spain first...

Black9's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Caddius View Post
    Sounds very promising.
    My one worry is that with the removal of Hordes abilities to travel by boat, (which, considering the number of times I've caught Attila cruising around the Mediterranean, is an understandable change) the player and computer won't be able to recreate events like the Vandal conquest of North Africa. Though I guess they did settle in Spain first...
    None of the migrations went by sea, all were by land.

Yep, you can get to Africa as the Vandals by crossing the Strait of Gibraltar. The only inaccessible regions for hordes are the Mediterranean islands - there's a crossing point everywhere else.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the feedback, we are now gearing up for some discussions about the next release.

Will keep you posted about it.

Dontfearme22's Avatar Campidoctor

With the planned faction overhauls, how do you plan on differentiating this mod from DeI, Magnar Mod, Antiqua Imperium, RTR, Radious etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Dontfearme22 View Post
    With the planned faction overhauls, how do you plan on differentiating this mod from DeI, Magnar Mod, Antiqua Imperium, RTR, Radious etc.?
    All those mods are for the classical era, aren't they? Well, I guess there are a few versions of Radious. This mod is set in the Attila time period - 395 CE and onward.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dontfearme22 View Post
    To elaborate on Aug's point, this is bound to be different as it is different people doing it. And the goal of the mod to provide in-depth and dynamic experience, which would mean it would probably not be as realistic as half those mods, nor as fully dynamic as the other half. I also agree that it is not clear to explain all this right now, but I guess the true flavor of the mod will emerge as the patches goes on.

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Oh how I missed to see this mod, shame on me!

Good to see more of these big, promising overhauls always, and "it's high time" already, thou better late than never.

So, I wish best of luck to all of you, thou idk about all Team members, or is it just 2 atm?

cyriuspt's Avatar Libertus

this game looks very nice, and very realistic.
    but you have a problem, the new faction icons are cool, but the colors ... naaaa , you have here a web site with nice color and quite attractive to the human eye, I work every day with image and publicity and then I have to go by the tendencies in the world of graphic design, this case is the "flat design", and on this site you have the best colors for this project

http://www.colourlovers.com/colors

cyriuspt's Avatar Libertus

mod*

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SharpEyed View Post
    Oh how I missed to see this mod, shame on me!

Good to see more of these big, promising overhauls always, and "it's high time" already, thou better late than never.

So, I wish best of luck to all of you, thou idk about all Team members, or is it just 2 atm?
    There is a sneak preview ready to come out in some time. That should give an idea of what we are currently working on. And yes, it is just 2 of us now, but we are looking for some testers too.

Quote Originally Posted by cyriuspt View Post
    this game looks very nice, and very realistic.
    but you have a problem, the new faction icons are cool, but the colors ... naaaa , you have here a web site with nice color and quite attractive to the human eye, I work every day with image and publicity and then I have to go by the tendencies in the world of graphic design, this case is the "flat design", and on this site you have the best colors for this project

http://www.colourlovers.com/colors
    Thanks, but not sure what you mean. Could you re-phrase it? But if you mean the faction colors, yes, I am working on it.

miTo82's Avatar Libertus

I think he is talking about the Icon Colors of the factions. I havent tried this mod (yet) but looking at the screenshots of the preview thread (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Overhaul-v0-1) some of the faction Emblem Colors look very "strong", and for the barbarian kingdoms, the Emblems look pretty much the same :-P

I have an additional question:
    ATM I use some of Augustusngs Mods:
    - Urbes et Administratio - Attila Building Overhaul
    - Revised Diplomatic Effects - Imperium and Cultural Effects
    - Revised Faction Traits

I know they are WIP, but I like them very much so far. And as I can see, all those Mods will be part in your overhaul, correct??

Quote Originally Posted by miTo82 View Post
    I think he is talking about the Icon Colors of the factions. I havent tried this mod (yet) but looking at the screenshots of the preview thread (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Overhaul-v0-1) some of the faction Emblem Colors look very "strong", and for the barbarian kingdoms, the Emblems look pretty much the same :-P

I have an additional question:
    ATM I use some of Augustusngs Mods:
    - Urbes et Administratio - Attila Building Overhaul
    - Revised Diplomatic Effects - Imperium and Cultural Effects
    - Revised Faction Traits

I know they are WIP, but I like them very much so far. And as I can see, all those Mods will be part in your overhaul, correct??
    Yes, all those mods are included in EP currently, along with most of my other small mods. I'll probably be working on them more as part of this mod, instead of as smaller separate mods. A larger overhaul lets me do more with those mods.

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Just asking, both of you guys, M_1512 and Augustusng was and still in the DeI team, so why not combined the work with FOTE at the beggining, its quite funny since FOTE has the units but not game mechanic, while Europa Perdita has the game mechanic but not the actual units. Considering you guys already work together in big scale project and still working in the same team, why not merge the work together similiar like you guys already done in the past.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze View Post
    Just asking, both of you guys, M_1512 and Augustusng was and still in the DeI team, so why not combined the work with FOTE at the beggining, its quite funny since FOTE has the units but not game mechanic, while Europa Perdita has the game mechanic but not the actual units. Considering you guys already work together in big scale project and still working in the same team, why not merge the work together similiar like you guys already done in the past.
    At the moment, the vision and scope of EP and FotE are a bit different. The FotE team has repeatedly said they're not making DeI for Attila, and we can't claim to be either. It's probably too early to tell how FotE will look once it's closer to completion, and much too early for EP.

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Very well , hope you guys can combine the work together like you both of you already done before
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

miTo82's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze View Post
    JFOTE has the units but not game mechanic, while Europa Perdita has the game mechanic but not the actual units.
    On the other hand, having mods that change different parts of the game have one really big benefit too: You can choose your prefered mods by your own =)

For me, I use FOTE for the units, Augustungs Mods for the game mechanics and Tuskmod for the battle mechanics. The good thing so far is, that none of these mods have any important conflicts. So, as long there is no big overhaul that blows my mind, using some “smaller” mods is a good way to find the prefered gameplay…

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast