Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 8 special police officers dead and 20 seriously wounded so far in clashes with Albanian terrorists in northern Macedonia

Comes Domesticorum

Default Re: 8 special police officers dead and 20 seriously wounded so far in clashes with Albanian terrorists in northern Macedonia

Quote Originally Posted by StarDreamer View Post
    FYROM is part of NATO, so according to the geniouses on this board, NATO wants to destabilize itself!
    Macedonia is not a member of NATO.

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 8 special police officers dead and 20 seriously wounded so far in clashes with Albanian terrorists in northern Macedonia

Gentlemen,

to quote the Debating Forum Rules: "Do not post images or videos without some clear supporting text discussion." Postings in which the sources are not put into some sort of context that adds to the discussion are considered material that cannot reasonably be discussed and subsequently will face deletion.

Thank-you for your courtesy.

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Praetorian_BGX's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Iskar View Post
    That "Nato wants to destabilise friends of Russia" argument might even work, but alas, the incidents in Kumanovo do not destabilise Macedonia. Very much to the contrary they stabilise the current government as I pointed out above, by turning attention away from the scandal that was likely to quicken the demise of Gruevski.
    You can turn away attention from scandal much easier, specially on Balkans. Gruevski didn't needed 70+ KLA terrorists and 2 day battle in Kumanovo. I do agree that its in his favor, but he didn't funded and organized these guys. Looking from different angle i can say that Albanians were assaulting in the right moment when Macedonian gov is weakened by scandals and demonstrations. Don't forget that on 21st April Albanians attacked police station in Macedonia. If you missed that event, its registered as Goshice attack

Besides that, arrested members are really high ranking KLA officers and Ramush Haradinaj Bodyguards. If you are familiar with region, he is Kosovo ex Prime minister. You can browse their "buddy" photos on this link.

@Aikanár - didn't manage to finish my earlier post. You deleted this video so fast that i couldn't edit anything. Regarding "Do not post images or videos without some clear supporting text discussion." Point of this video is to show their uniforms and faces and specially last arrested member at the end of the clip which have clear KLA insignia on his arm. Also, it seems that he is Sami Ukshini aka commander Sokoli, also one of the leaders? When im comparing his face to image bellow, he should be second on top row (from left to right)

Also, names of 28 arrested terrorists are announced, 16 of them from Kosovo

1. Kenan Iseni, Kumanovo
    2. Fadil Fejzullahu, Kumanovo
    3. Deme Šehu, Kosovo (Junik)
    4. Sami Ukshini, Kosovo (Sokol)
    5. Irfan Lutfi, Kumanovo
    6. Arsim Bajrami, Kumanovo (cop from Vaksinca)
    7. Fadil Eljšani, Kosovo
    8. Esat Kafekholli, Kosovo
    9. Ardijan Bujari, Kosovo
    10. Andi Krasnići, Kosovo (Mališevo)
    11. Shefket Avaki, Kosovo
    12. Lirim Demiri, Kumanovo
    13. Ajrush Avdia, Kosovo
    14. Betim Kartashi, Kosovo
    15. Genci Sefa, Albanija
    16. Lendrit Rustem, Kosovo
    17. Enver Klajn, Germany
    18. Rufki Dogani, Kosovo
    19. Nasuf Bekiri, Aračinovo
    20. Valdet Zekaj, Kosova
    21. Bajram Eljšani, Kosovo
    22. Nekhmetin Lika, Tetovo
    23. Lirim Krasnići, Kosovo
    24. Sevdail Miftari, Kumanovo
    25. Fatmir Rečica, Kosovo
    26. Beg Bajra, Kosova (komandant Begu)
    27. Fejzulla Rushitovski, selo Brest
    28. Besnik Ajdin, Kumanovo.
    Last edited by Praetorian_BGX; May 12, 2015 at 02:28 PM.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must
    ."
    -Thucydides

StarDreamer's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    Macedonia is not a member of NATO.
    You are correct, I was wrong. Still there is no point in NATO doing anything some here say.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    https://www.politicalcompass.org/ana...2.38&soc=-3.44 <-- "Dangerous far right bigot!" -SJWs

Gertrudius's Avatar Hans Olo

You are correct, I was wrong. Still there is no point in NATO doing anything some here say.
    I have to agree. As Iskar has so adroitly pointed out, Macedonia is actively seeking NATO membership and has been for some time (the naming dispute being the primary barrier). Not only does the notion that NATO is trying to undermine Macedonia covertly (or overtly for that matter) have no basis in realistic analysis, it also ignores the fact that the modus operandi of NATO requires decisions on military action to be made through the North Atlantic Council, which makes the notion of NATO as anything more than languidly reactive and primarily defensive body wildly fanciful. Those of us who recognize the incongruity of the mindless vitriol spewed forth in this thread, realize that NATO has neither the desire nor the capacity to covertly suborn governments given it's current operational and administrative paradigms. Not to mention that NATO deployed troops to Macedonia as part of Operation Essential Harvest in 2001 for the purpose of helping disarm ethnic Albanians within the country.

Conclusion: 1+1 does not equal 30.

In fact there were several attempts to integrate Macedonia into EU/Nato in the past, all of which were unfortunately thwarted by Greek vetos. Now that we are finally in a position where one could wrench consent from the Greek Gruevski's increasingly authoritarian conduct remains the last obstacle to said integration, with support among the population being around 70-80%.
    Hence it would actually work against our interests to give Gruevski an opportunity to regain popularity.
    How would consent be obtained from Greece? I'm not current on the naming dispute issue but I haven't heard of any changes in the Greek position.

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    took an arrow to the knee

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

Quote Originally Posted by Gertrudius
    Conclusion: 1+1 does not equal 30.
    Fully agreed, thanks for that analysis.

How would consent be obtained from Greece? I'm not current on the naming dispute issue but I haven't heard of any changes in the Greek position.
    I'd say that with Eurogroup consent to further disbursement of credits pending Greece's bargaining position is considerably weakened and they might be willing to make concessions on the naming issue in exchange for partial earlier disbursements. Of course any such agreement would have to be subject to some backroom deal so as not to kindle the notion of EU humiliating Greece, etc.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Comes Domesticorum

Fully agreed, thanks for that analysis.

I'd say that with Eurogroup consent to further disbursement of credits pending Greece's bargaining position is considerably weakened and they might be willing to make concessions on the naming issue in exchange for partial earlier disbursements. Of course any such agreement would have to be subject to some backroom deal so as not to kindle the notion of EU humiliating Greece, etc.
    I don't think the Greek financial crisis will have any benefit for the faster settlement of the dispute, as Macedonia is far to insignificant for it to be part of the conditions of any deal. What the crisis has done however is use up all good will towards Greece and Greece's diplomatic capital so that they can't demand a settlement that favors their view of the name.

As I have already explained two times, NATO do not have plans to destabilize Macedonia in sense provoking bigger Albanian - Macedonian conflict , as it can unite all surrounding nations against Albanians and their pretensions for Greater Albania, but just using their Albanian lap dogs for dirty jobs in the region, if needed. Plus, it can spark war which they can not control any more.

Reason for action, as I already said, is current government just considering Turkish stream and prime mister going to parade in Moscow. Very same day when he was in Moscow, happen.

Behavior of western media, and shameful statements of NATO Gen.Sec. (when he do not call terrorist terrorist, but for all sides to calm down ) and EU officials, is more then obvious for any body to see.(Maja Kocijanchich called them armed group!!, and my friend in Germany told they called them similar therms, "fighters", "urban guerrilla"! etc )

Just yesterday, vice president of EU parliament OPENLY called Macedonian PM to step down as "he is responsible for ethnic tensions" (70 heavily armed terrorist coming from foreign country are "are ethnic tensions"!! )

Minister of interior, transportation and chief of intelligence were already forced to step down yesterday, and I guess in few days or weeks we will have fall of current government.

Sorosh medias on Macedonia is spreading classical government change propaganda, I read one hilarious article where they blaim current government for hiring terrorist for money!!! etc

In Belgrade is known that former "Otpor", now Canvas organization veterans of regime changes are already in Macedonia instructing demonstrations...

I already dismissed clueless statements or just trolling without argument here that NATO had no idea what was going on, in region full of NATO soldiers, officials, spy networks, NGOs, their politicians and other officialls working for them, in very small area.
    Last edited by 4th Regiment; May 13, 2015 at 09:03 AM.
    Tribal Total War

NATO loves starting and putting out brushfires in it's own backyard.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

The Noble Lord's Avatar Holy Arab Nation

Quote Originally Posted by 4th Regiment View Post
    but just using their Albanian lap dogs for dirty jobs in the region, if needed.
    That's right, very succinct and comprehensive analysis of the entire Kumanovo episode! Also it should be known that these terrorists can only TRY to instigate fight or to eventually
    attack isolated Police station or border post and run, because Albanian thugs and terrorists are NOT known to actually fight and win, they never fought conventionally and never won
    any battles. In 1998-1999 and then in 2001 they LOST every single battle and armed engagement, in both cases it was NATO that actually fought! But those days are OVER, nobody
    is wiling or capable any more to fight on the side of Albanian terrorists and thugs!

The entire incident exposes the pointless objective of creating "independent Kosovo" and portraying it as a country, that artificial monstrosity is nothing but a nest of war criminals,
    drug cartels, armed fascists and fanatical terrorists that can undermine and destabilize the entire region in few hours! That miserable bankrupt Madeleine Albright and that degenerate
    cretin and imbecile Toni Blair must be really proud.

And like 4th Regiment said above, can anyone imagine 70+ armed terrorists and thugs crossing the border into any other European country and start shooting at will, it would've been
    a cause for the activation of article 5. But here, its "armed groups" and "urban guerrillas" and similar euphemistic garbage coming from Brussels and other "bastions of democracy"! Really
    disgusting, even for the European hypocrites and seasonal users of double standards!!!

Where is the moral outrage and calls for sanctions against Kosovo, where is that lauded "European unity in face of aggression" and such??!!..
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!
    Under the proud patronage of the magnificent Tzar

As I have already explained two times, NATO do not have plans to destabilize Macedonia in sense provoking bigger Albanian - Macedonian conflict , as it can unite all surrounding nations against Albanians and their pretensions for Greater Albania, but just using their Albanian lap dogs for dirty jobs in the region, if needed. Plus, it can spark war which they can not control any more.

Reason for action, as I already said, is current government just considering Turkish stream and prime mister going to parade in Moscow. Very same day when he was in Moscow, happen.

Behavior of western media, and shameful statements of NATO Gen.Sec. (when he do not call terrorist terrorist, but for all sides to calm down ) and EU officials, is more then obvious for any body to see.(Maja Kocijanchich called them armed group!!, and my friend in Germany told they called them similar therms, "fighters", "urban guerrilla"! etc )

Just yesterday, vice president of EU parliament OPENLY called Macedonian PM to step down as "he is responsible for ethnic tensions" (70 heavily armed terrorist coming from foreign country are "are ethnic tensions"!! )

Minister of interior, transportation and chief of intelligence were already forced to step down yesterday, and I guess in few days or weeks we will have fall of current government.

Sorosh medias on Macedonia is spreading classical government change propaganda, I read one hilarious article where they blaim current government for hiring terrorist for money!!! etc

In Belgrade is known that former "Otpor", now Canvas organization veterans of regime changes are already in Macedonia instructing demonstrations...

I already dismissed clueless statements or just trolling without argument here that NATO had no idea what was going on, in region full of NATO soldiers, officials, spy networks, NGOs, their politicians and other officialls working for them, in very small area.
    The Macedonian opposition media does indeed say that there are tape recorded negotiations between highly-placed Macedonian secret service officers and Albanian terrorists from Kosovo. According to this scenario, the Macedonian government hired those terrorists to create some minor disturbances, but the things quickly escalated. According to the same opposition media, that is the real reason behind the resignation of the Macedonian ministry of Internal Affairs (police) and of the chief of the main intelligence agency.

Now, if you believe this is just Soros-paid BS, and in truth what happened is that the West has decided to topple a Russian-friendly government, then we should soon see more Russian friendly governments toppled.

Which prompts the most important question: can the Shirtless One do anything about it, or will the Russians sit again on the fence like they did in 1999?
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MareNostrum

Quote Originally Posted by The Noble Lord
    And like 4th Regiment said above, can anyone imagine 70+ armed terrorists and thugs crossing the border into any other European country and start shooting at will, it would've been
    a cause for the activation of article 5. But here, its "armed groups" and "urban guerrillas" and similar euphemistic garbage coming from Brussels and other "bastions of democracy"! Really
    disgusting, even for the European hypocrites and seasonal users of double standards!!!
    personally i like the term 'self defense forces' and 'volunteers', 'terrorist' is an ugly term, this is just self-determination. that most of them were from Kosovo doesn't really matter since they are on vacation and are volunteering, you can't prove that the Kosovo government sent them. this is just a Kosovophobic thread.

only 8 police dead? could have been worse, that's bloodless to be honest. this is one of the most bloodless takeover attempts ever.

Macedonia had this coming since I heard over the internet that they have been oppressing Albanians and could start throwing them in jail at any moment for speaking the Albanian languages in public.
    Last edited by snuggans; May 13, 2015 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    Macedonia had this coming since I heard over the internet that they have been oppressing Albanians and could start throwing them in jail at any moment for speaking the Albanian languages in public.
    What else you have heard on internet? Eating Albanian babes? That is problem, we have people here commenting things and region they have no clue about ..like NATO have no idea what is going on there or it just came out of blue..

My friend, every single government since start of free elections was made with one or more Albanian parties participating (including current one). Albanian is always one of the vice presidents of the government (including current one). For long time Albanian was defense minister and also Chief of intelligence. Albanian is official language, it is essentially like French in Canada...Two policemen dead were Albanians...

8 dead and 36 wounded police officers are small casualties? Let it be, as you say

Dromi, Macedonia is not "Russian friendly", unless by that you consider desperate need for cheep gas source. Or like Bulgarians, they should got stewed ,by loosing cheep gas, loosing billions for construction of the pipe line, and loosing more than a billion annually due to transit tax. Will their American friends pay them back losses? My ass...
    Tribal Total War

StarDreamer's Avatar Domesticus

What else you have heard on internet? Eating Albanian babes? That is problem, we have people here commenting things and region they have no clue about ..like NATO have no idea what is going on there or it just came out of blue..

My friend, every single government since start of free elections was made with one or more Albanian parties participating (including current one). Albanian is always one of the vice presidents of the government (including current one). For long time Albanian was defense minister and also Chief of intelligence. Albanian is official language, it is essentially like French in Canada...Two policemen dead were Albanians...

8 dead and 36 wounded police officers are small casualties? Let it be, as you say

Dromi, Macedonia is not "Russian friendly", unless by that you consider desperate need for cheep gas source. Or like Bulgarians, they should got stewed ,by loosing cheep gas, loosing billions for construction of the pipe line, and loosing more than a billion annually due to transit tax. Will their American friends pay them back losses? My ass...
    You are not very good at noticing sarcasm are you? He is making fun of our russophiles fondness of random gunmen in donbass while they shout bloody murder for random gunmen in FYROM.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    https://www.politicalcompass.org/ana...2.38&soc=-3.44 <-- "Dangerous far right bigot!" -SJWs

You are not very good at noticing sarcasm are you? He is making fun of our russophiles fondness of random gunmen in donbass while they shout bloody murder for random gunmen in FYROM.
    Conflict in Ukraine has totally different background, history etc and essentially starting when legal government was toppled by force and help from outside and than replaced by not very nice men at all.

We can discuss that when Ukraine become normal country, and you can put "Russian" instead of "Albanian" in second paragraph of my last post.

Before than, do not mix apples and oranges in this tread
    Last edited by 4th Regiment; May 13, 2015 at 03:23 PM. Reason: spelling
    Tribal Total War

I have spent time in former Yugoslavia in the early '90s, when the wars were raging. Among other things I have seen the attempt to "liberate" Dubrovnik from the "Ustasi occupation", which would explain how my lack of sympathy for the Serbian side has started.

I also was in Macedonia long before the Albanian uprising. I can confirm from direct experience the Albanians were treated like second-class citizens in the early '90s and therefore the Macedonians at that time had it coming.

However the bad treatment didn't amount even back then to forbidding speaking the Albanian language. I seriously doubt that would be the case today, when almost each Macedonian government after the uprising has needed the support of the Albanian party.

Many of the people on this forum know I speak Russian and Bulgarian (the last one being mutually intelligible with Macedonian). Judging by what Macedonian media I can access on the web is saying for the last year or so, the country is a mess, with basically all the political parties being utterly corrupt. The ordinary people have only the possibility to replace a bunch of thieves with another bunch of thieves.

It is in this context that the Albanian terrorists incidents happened, right when the current government was in the midst of a scandal involving mass illegal surveillance of everybody who matters there, blackmails and, of course, the inevitable corruption and graft.

That is what makes me to believe the most recent accusations that the government had hired some Albanian troublemakers for what they hoped to be a minor incident (which would create the impression of an "external enemy") but then lost control of the operation.

That of course is no excuse for the Western management of Kosovo, which in spite of all the heavy EU, UN and NATO presence there is practically a gangster paradise. The Macedonian government would not have been able to recruit such mercenaries (if that indeed happened) without Kosovo being what it is.

As for Macedonia and Bulgaria losing money because of the EU opposition to building new pipelines, tough luck! The Ukrainians are losing lives for the "sin" of wanting to join the EU. In other words, the Ukrainians are killed for wanting to join a union where the Bulgarians are already members and which the Macedonians also want to be part of.

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere 40K View Post
    NATO loves starting and putting out brushfires in it's own backyard.
    Like to justify it existence?

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by pajomife View Post
    Like to justify it existence?
    Nahhh we have Putin to thanks about that :/

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Yeah, every time NATO seems to be useless somebody like Milosevic or Putin pops up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dromikaites View Post
    Yeah, every time NATO seems to be useless somebody like Milosevic or Putin pops up.
    Putin was initially pro-NATO, while pro-NATO factions in Balkans weren't any better then Milosevic.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast