Thread: Some mistakes on textures

Default Some mistakes on textures

Hello there:

Before all, great MOD, I like very much and Im enjoying.

I see some mistakes like this:

... I wanted to know if to someone more happens this... or if this is an "many mods added" error (I just add the Primergy Grass MOD, and Napoleon Effects MOD... nothing more)... or maybe a "old version of the game" error... or "bad-installation" error, I had installed Imperial Splendour 3 or 4 times already, and this error still there (Im newbie with Empire, but I make the things carefully too).

... maybe is my video card, i dont know...any help will be appreciated... thanks in advance.

greetings.

Rohi's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Some mistakes on textures

Hello Archaeopterix,

I have played numerous games with IS since the latest updates. I have played with Portugal, Denmark, France, and now Sweden. In each of these games I have not noticed a single issue with texturing, and I tend to zoom in really close to the regiments in order to take fun screenshots during battles.

It seems from your screenshots that you've experienced this issue with two factions: United Provinces and France. Unfortunately I cannot comment with UP because I have yet to play a game with them. However, as I mentioned above, I've played a campaign with France and in each battle did not notice a single texturing issue.

First: You mention something about your video card being an issue. If youhave been able to play ETW or more graphically enhanced Total War games than ETW than I suspect this is not a hardware problem.

At this point, I suspect your texturing issue is a result of 'many mods added'. Whereas I tend to add modded files to IS, I limit these to music mods and the odd startpos mod (such as forts, etc.)

Second: From what I understand, the 'Napoleon Effects Mod' changes the graphic interface, is this correct? If so, this might very well be causing your texturing issue.
    If anyone reading this has been able to combine the NE mod with IS, then please respond to this thread in order to nullify my comment(s).

Also, for clarification, are you using the 'Mod Manager'? Perhaps you can 'deselect' the 'Napoleon Effects Mod' via Mod Manager, and only select the core 'IS' files. Apparently Mod Manager was developed based on the rationale of enabling users to play ETW with multiple mods.

From my experience, it sometimes helps to copy files and paste them into a 'back up' folder in your IS/Data folder. In this case, you can add mods via a 'trial and error' process. If you add a mod to IS and it does not work, simply remove the files you've added, and go back in to your 'backup folder' and replace the core IS files into your main data folder. I admit, this technique does require a lot of extra space especially when copying large files - however having core files backed up can be quite a time savior in that it prevents the user from having to reinstall all of the core files when playing around with mods.

Of course, all of this advice is based on the assumption that the 'Napoleon Effects mod' (NE mod) does not change any of the core ETW files, such as the startpos or the 'main' DB files etc. I am basing this comment on the assumption that the 'Napoleon Effects mod' files are 'mod' files, similar to the IS mod files. In this context, whereas the 'IS' mod files in your data file read: "IS_abcd".

I assume, therefore, that the NE mod files are truly 'mod' files in that they are added to the data folder in the manner: "NE_abcd" or whatever 'mod_' title they use. If this is the case, then perhaps remove these files (FIRST BACK THEM UP!) from your data folder (or deselect them via Mod Manager as explained above).

A word of caution: From experience I noticed that if I had an extra 'mod_' file in the data folder, in addition to the core IS_ files, and then deselected the 'mod_' file via Mod Manager, my IS game would still crash. Therefore in some cases I've literally had to create a sort of 'mod storage' folder in my data folder, or on another drive altogether, because simply having an additional 'mod_' file in in the data folder, in addition to the core 'IS_' files, seemed to conflict with the IS game.

In summary, you can try this:
    On the assumption you have installed additional 'mod_' files to your data folder, in addition to the core 'IS_' files:
    1. Backup all of your 'mod_' files in your data folder that are not core 'IS_' files.
    2. Once backed up, remove the files from step '1' from your data folder.
    3. Ensure you have all of the necessary 'IS_' core files in your data folder
    4. Make sure your 'user script' files (both of them!!) are updated with the appropriate 'mod IS_' lines.
    5. If using Mod Manager, ensure all of the core 'IS_' files are selected
    6. Run ETW.
    7. If the texturing issue has disappeared, you can go back to the folder where you have modded your files and replace them into your data folder one at type (trial and error) until your notice the conflicting files.

Finally, all of this advice is - once again - based on the assumption that you have 'mod_' files in your ETW/data folder that are conflicting with the 'IS_' core files. Hopefully someone from the IS team can correct me if I am wrong, especially if they are aware of your specific problem.

Therefore, please accept my suggestion here as a suggestion based on the above mentioned assumptions.

I hope I've been of some help.

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

This is a known issue in 2.2.1b. and currently there is no fix for this texture issue.

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Rohi's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus View Post
    This is a known issue in 2.2.1b. and currently there is no fix for this texture issue.
    Very strange... I have yet to encounter this problem in any battles with 2.2.1b. Are there any known triggers for this problem? Is it possible the texture issue is caused by a compatibility issue?

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Rohi View Post
    Very strange... I have yet to encounter this problem in any battles with 2.2.1b. Are there any known triggers for this problem? Is it possible the texture issue is caused by a compatibility issue?
    It's simply that new models were introduced in 2.2.1b but not all textures were made.

... thanks to both

It's simply that new models were introduced in 2.2.1b but not all textures were made.
    ok, ok... thanks Quintus

Second: From what I understand, the 'Napoleon Effects Mod' changes the graphic interface, is this correct? If so, this might very well be causing your texturing issue.
    Hello, Rohi... I dont know what make NapEffects exactly... I saw some pics and I decided to install for enhancement my game... but yesterday I delete... rarely I was playing a battle at the day (morning, midday, afternoon)... almost all time my battles (with NapEffects.pack) was in the night =P, or very dark scenary, something thus... I ending bored, and delete him... is no recommendable, for have with IS at least.

greetings.
    Last edited by Archaeopterix; May 10, 2015 at 05:37 PM.

CLM's Avatar Foederatus

Does 2.1.4 fixes this problem?

I get the same textures mess up for Spain.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Steveholmes View Post
    I get the same textures mess up for Spain.
    Can you tell me which units are affected?

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus View Post
    Can you tell me which units are affected?
    Okay the list is a bit long...

Provincial militia flag bearer or colour bearer is messed up
    Infantry Valona flag bearer messed up
    Infantry Italiana line, whole regiment is messed up
    Voluntarios Aragon just missing ammo pouch
    Brigada Irlandesa misssing ammo pouch
    cazadores missing ammo pouch
    Cuerpos francos missing ammo pouch
    Infanteria Immemorial del Rey whole regiment is messed up
    Real Guardias Valona missing ammo pouch.

Also most of the spanish regiments have the same colour uniforms white and red cuffs, and wearing the german bicorn hats with the pompom on top. Not sure they had those bicorns.

Cheers

Hi Quintus, I also found some messed up textures, uniforms are kinda backwards.

For Hannover.
    In the ROTR version single player early era.

Alte landmitz
    Infanterieregiment
    Regiment Von Hardenburg
    Freytag,she Fuljager
    Garisioninfanterie
    Garde Regiment
    Scheithers Grenadier

Also how come I could only put 1X1 players in single player?