Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Europa Perdita - Total War Attila Overhaul

m_1512's Avatar Quomodo vales?
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Europa Perdita - Total War Attila Overhaul

The Mod

Europa Perdita aims to provide in-depth gameplay with a host of changes and additions, bringing the epic scale of campaigns, the complexity of governments, the role of religions, and the horror of battles to your experience.

This is just the beginning!

Mod Leaders: Augustusng, m_1512

Team Members and testers: Amras89, ep1c_fail, Heathen Storm, Jurand of Cracow, KAM 2150, La Tene, Litharion, MajorTom, Okmin, Peregrinus, PrometheusTWC, The Iron Chancellor, WolfLuyt, zombieflanders

Download Link and Patch Notes:
    Europa Perdita Download Thread

To install, place the mod inside the data folder, and select the mod while launching. Not recommended with other mods, as it may cause strange effects. If you want to play with other mods, mention that mod here and we'll check if it is compatible for now.

Current Features

• New faction symbols for many factions. More to come in future updates.
    • Authentic Faction and City Names - Faction and city names replaced with more authentic ones, endonyms where possible.
    • Building and economy overhaul focusing on a more rational balance by adding maintenance costs to buildings and reducing corruption.
    • Several campaign tweaks, including transports only through Ports - Armies can only go to sea through ports. This means that hordes cannot go to sea at all.
    • Revised Diplomatic Effects (with new additional political enhancements) - Imperium is now less important in diplomacy than the personalities of faction leaders.
    • Revised Faction Traits - Attempting to replace some of the “gamey” faction traits with more realistic ones.
    • Imperium Increase from Technology Removed - self explanatory. Imperium no longer increases due to technology research.
    • Plague and sanitation overhaul - More tools to fight plagues, and more differences between different plagues
    • Religion overhaul - Effects, diplomatic relations modifiers, building effects, public order penalties, and more reworked
    • Edict overhaul - One new edict, all others reworked
    • Political effects reworked
    • WIP traits overhaul - historical, religious, heirloom, and house/tribe traits

Screenshots
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Future plans

• Battle overhaul
    • Faction uniforms,
    • Host of gameplay changes.

Credits:

Feedback Welcome!

Permissions
    You may use any parts of this mod only upon express permission from the mod leaders.
    Last edited by Augustusng; April 20, 2016 at 04:44 PM.

Default Re: [Release] Europe Perdita - Total War Attila Overhaul - v0.1

We've got a lot planned. Hopefully we'll have a substantial update fairly soon; this is just an early look. For the moment, there are no battle changes, so the mod is probably compatible with most battle mods by the way.

Also no startpos changes yet, but those are coming too.
    Last edited by Augustusng; May 08, 2015 at 09:37 AM.

Hey guys!

got a few minutes to check this out, probably just scratched the surface, but here's some feedback and sugestions:

the faction traits, awesome!
    the faction names, adds some flavor, but dont know if some people will ask for standard anglic version just because they're used to it
    faction symbols, look good, I disabled Noif's to see yours, but didnt disable KLA's faction leaders and noticed Frank's territory color is green instead of blue, dont know if its some incompatibility or something you changed.

Now regarding buildings, I have two ideas to propose:

town sanitation, I dont understand why a town well should improve sanitation for the entire region, that bonus should go to the city food storage building instead, making it an added bonus to holding the region capital. So what I had in mind was change the well and following upgrades to give a good sanitation bonus to the town, as well as growth and a bonus to local agricultural building if its doable. While city food storage gives local and regional sanitation bonus, the standard food from reserve, and bonus to siege hold time or siege attrition reduction.

building maintnance, how about making a building cost something when that building has garrison units? My reasoning, if units in your army require maintnance, why shouldnt garrison units from buildings? So lets say a garrison unit should cost half or maybe a third of its front-line counterpart, so the larger a building's garrison, the more expensive it gets. This would probably increase greatly the maintnance costs of main city chain buildings especially, and it would also mean that buildings that improve the economy should not have any garrison, like trade ports, or buildings like a Warlord's Hold either provide garrison or culture income (not both, so makes the difference between choosing a warlords hold or tavern even greater if one adds garrison and other bonuses while the other adds more public order and income).

Looking forward to the startpos changes, suppose you're changing fertility and maybe 12tpy option

Quote Originally Posted by Peregrinus View Post
    town sanitation, I dont understand why a town well should improve sanitation for the entire region, that bonus should go to the city food storage building instead, making it an added bonus to holding the region capital. So what I had in mind was change the well and following upgrades to give a good sanitation bonus to the town, as well as growth and a bonus to local agricultural building if its doable. While city food storage gives local and regional sanitation bonus, the standard food from reserve, and bonus to siege hold time or siege attrition reduction.

building maintnance, how about making a building cost something when that building has garrison units? My reasoning, if units in your army require maintnance, why shouldnt garrison units from buildings? So lets say a garrison unit should cost half or maybe a third of its front-line counterpart, so the larger a building's garrison, the more expensive it gets. This would probably increase greatly the maintnance costs of main city chain buildings especially, and it would also mean that buildings that improve the economy should not have any garrison, like trade ports, or buildings like a Warlord's Hold either provide garrison or culture income (not both, so makes the difference between choosing a warlords hold or tavern even greater if one adds garrison and other bonuses while the other adds more public order and income).
    Sanitation is getting a complete overhaul soon (if I can get it working right. I'll need testers soon ).

That makes sense, as far as building maintenance. At the moment, I haven't removed any garrison units, only increased existing ones (for compatibility mostly), but it's something I could do in the future.

Yea I hope I can help with that

I suppose some unit types (the most basic) when working as garrison units could have no maintnance, lets suppose they're militia that are only called to action when they're needed, so this idea could only be applied to the more specialized garrison units, that would make it a bit easier to mod.

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Default Re: Europe Perdita - Total War Attila Overhaul - v0.1

Conggrats for the work Sir M_1512
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

m_1512's Avatar Quomodo vales?
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Thanks for the wishes, Junaidi. It was a team effort, and really great to work with Augutusng.

Default Re: Europa Perdita - Total War Attila Overhaul - v0.1

great to see another promising mod. attila tw has some potential but it needs good overhauls to truly shine.
    best of luck to you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by m_1512 View Post
    Thanks for the wishes, Junaidi. It was a team effort, and really great to work with Augutusng.
    Yeah i notice this Augutusng guys, he definitely worh every penny as db editor, i notice some of his work is realy great, people like him surely can improve AI into much better.
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; May 13, 2015 at 07:39 AM.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass

Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze View Post
    Yeah i notice this Augutusng guys, he definitely worh every penny as db editor, i notice some of his work is realy great, people like him surely can improve AI into much better.
    Thanks! Of course, I haven't touched any AI tables yet, and I don't think I can do anything as good as your better CAI mod anyway.

Thanks for the kind words, anyways i enjoy yours revised Diplomatic mod, its even inspire me to some extend

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Alans are nomads, it's just got interesting now, as I love Nomads and there is only 1 with Vanilla, thou I'm not gonna give up from Huns this easy

So, I dare you!

Quote Originally Posted by SharpEyed View Post
    Alans are nomads, it's just got interesting now, as I love Nomads and there is only 1 with Vanilla, thou I'm not gonna give up from Huns this easy

So, I dare you!
    Yep, we'll need to give the Alans a new roster eventually, with some more steppe units. For now they're still stuck with those anachronistic Germanic units (and those ridiculous war dog units they start with).

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Quote Originally Posted by Augustusng View Post
    Yep, we'll need to give the Alans a new roster eventually, with some more steppe units. For now they're still stuck with those anachronistic Germanic units (and those ridiculous war dog units they start with).
    Oh man those Germanic spam in this game..
    Germanic xxx religion, Germanic culture, Germanic roster (I guess more than 10 factions sharing the same?!) and so forth, I mean give me a break already.

Anyway, here not the complaining thread
    And I have no doubt about u guys will do very well.

Im looking foward for this mod, really looks promising, I was playing with franks and decided to go nomad, then I was thinking, vikings, saxons they work better sometimes like horde mode, so my suggestion would be, if posible, that u make the normal armies to be like the horde mode, able to camp, to restore units in the wild, to upgrade and build things within the army but without beeing a horde, that would be awesome and more realistic

I'm not sure if something like that is possible. I guess I could look into it, but even if it is possible, it would probably require some advanced scripting.

i think both horde and settled active is not possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Augustusng View Post
    I'm not sure if something like that is possible. I guess I could look into it, but even if it is possible, it would probably require some advanced scripting.
    Just suggesting when finisth the main thing it would be a great asset, in fact I ll make a post with the idea in the main forum, keep the good work looks very good, and before nothing thanks for taking the time to read the coments and to mod the game, I know it aint a easy thing

Foederatus

Is this mod dead? still working on it? are these planned updates finished ? ^^

It's not dead. We're taking it slow, because we don't want to have to redo too much each time a new DLC comes out. Don't expect an update until at least after the Charlemagne DLC. We might delay a bit more after that, depending on whether some new features are added in time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast