Thread: Just a little more

Icon4 Just a little more

So guys , i tried many submodes ( europa barbarorum,spqr,realism etc... ) but rs2 came ahead historicly,gameplay,and graphicly.THE ONLY thing that makes this mod less awesome is the length of battles, at first i really enjoyed(compared to vanilla,obvious reasons) but while ur empire getting bigger battle counts goes up as well,I know u guys will say thats more realistic and other opinions that u like it in that way but seriously only this reason destroys all the fun mod gives. I searched all forum and found some topics at submod section but their files are corrupted or not matching versio 2.6 , all i ask for god sake if any of u have that file makes battles short like full stack army takes 20-30 minutes long

After my research i tried to edit by myself but there is millions of that export_descr_unit file , i cant understand which one i should edit or ask myself should i even edit those ???! im a big amateur about this but if u guys inform me well i will spend my time on as long as it takes ,just tell me what files SHOULD be EDITED-COPIED and WHERE to COPY those files, that would be very helpfull PLEASE dont judge me the way i like it also i saw A LOT of people who wants those battles take shorter

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Default Re: Just a little more

There are other version of the EDU's in the '_important_stuff\EDU changes' folder. Where there are 'Play_xxxx' folders, that EDU is specific to that campaign. Otherwise, the one in the 'data' folder can be used in any of the others.

Try the 'higher Lethality' first....units will die faster.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

this ' lethality' is those numbers like 0.328 or 0.5 right ? at stat_pri and stat_sec lines , since there is nothing called 'higher lethality' i assume those numbers represents lethality, or at the line 'soldier'

Folders called fewer stacks,shorter battles, i see by saying 'higher lethality' u meant shorther battles but i want to know what really affects lethality and what 'fewer stack' means, is it soldier count in a band ?

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Now, 'fewer stacks' means few 'levy stacks' spawned by the script if the AI is being pressed. And yes, lethality is the last number in the stat_pri and stat_sec lines. Set it to '1' (highest it can be), and battles will be very short I'd imagine.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Whilst I have happily supported the 'most realistic and not trivial battles'.......

I would note that, with a great deal of battles under my belt and many, many of them a full stack on each side - it's not unreasonable that the majority of them are over within 30mins, and many less.

The only ones that seem to push the boundaries (ie I start to really look at the timer) are: ones where I have had to search amongst trees for the last enemy; tricky approach marches; and the odd city assault where it is reasonable that I should now lose after making a mistake to actually assault.

This mod does, more than any other game I have found, manages to balance the strategic to the tactical beautifully.

But yes - turn on the PC for 2hrs and you might well only get 2 turns done.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.