Thread: drum and fife issue?

denk87's Avatar Foederatus

Default drum and fife issue?

after troubleshooting and reading tech help thoroughly i finally successfully installed 3.6 and its fantastic, aside from the fact that when you issue a movement order to infantry units there is no drum and fife music. is there no marching audio for 3.6, or is there a way i can rectify this potential issue.

Default Re: drum and fife issue?

Reinstall. I had the problem, and that fixed it.

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by denk87 View Post
    after troubleshooting and reading tech help thoroughly i finally successfully installed 3.6 and its fantastic, aside from the fact that when you issue a movement order to infantry units there is no drum and fife music. is there no marching audio for 3.6, or is there a way i can rectify this potential issue.
    No issue. Dudes are in sneaking mode so they're invisible. When spotted by enemy, the sounds return.

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links

still no drum and fife when they see the enemy, ill try reinstalling and get back to you guys, thanks so much

reinstalled and still having the issue, playing as the union, enemy units have drum and fife sounds, but my units dont...

Hey, just chiming in here, I noticed the EXACT behavior denk describes. I have a clean install following the detailed instructions laid out in various posts here. Union units don't have any drum and fife sounds, CSA does. I thought was me and was preparing to reinstall soon, glad to know I'm not the only one.

i will try and reinstall this weekend and see if that rectifies it.

go ahead and try man and let me know, it didnt work for me, everything else works great though, LOVE this mod and TAR.

still no luck here

hey I'm having a similar issue with audio i don't hear any musket fire every other audio feature seems to be working should I've reinstalled so at this point do you think i should just re install empire all together?

still no luck with this?

I have the same issue. Already tried reinstalling, checked my local files via Steam and my Union Infantry isn't sneaking... I used both the new Installer as well as the "usual" method of installing... Confederates are eagerly playing their Songs.

Well, i found three major solutions with PFM, but unfortunately with some consiquenses:
    I URGE YOU TO MAKE BACKUP FOR bg_MM_ZoR.pack and bg_us_wpath.pack, just in case
    1) You can just simply make changes in subculture tables (located at bg_MM_ZoR.pack), just change sc_indian_hindu culture to european, but if you do that, both union and csa models on globl map will be the same, cause author made csa and union in different cultures in order to use new separate models of 3.6.2
    OR
    2)Open the bg_us_wpath.pack, find factions_tables and swap the values of csa and union subcultures, then find agents descriptions in this file and change csa models to indian, and union to european. This will cause in adding drum sounds to union, but deleting them from csa. Use this if you want to have 3.6.2. models working for union and csa correctly.
    OR
    3)IMO the best way: open the bg_us_wpath.pack, find factions_tables add both factions to sc_european_american, THEN open agents descriptions in this file and delete both union and southern agent description. This will let them both to use drums in battle, but it will revert your map models to those which were in 3.4, they looks pretty too, IMO.
    OR
    4)Create a new culture. Unfortunately i don't really know how to create it properly, have read some articles on this point, but realized that this will be unacceptable cause of huge amount of changes

I really appreciate the huge amount of work which was done by the author, so i thought that solving the drums problem will help people to experiense full immersion in the game while playing as union states.

I can't find any of that inside the bg_us_wpath.pack. Then again I am incredibly retarded. Could you give some more detail, please?