Thread: ship hull strength and ship speed...

Libertus

Default ship hull strength and ship speed...

Seem to have finally managed to get 8.01p working correctly. I have noticed a couple of things and a search didn't bring anything up:

1.. ship hull strength: my 2 sloops went up against a 4th rate, he did no damage to my hull nor I to his (normal settings). Also tried 5th vs 5th and it took forever to see the hull damage indicator move. The enemy sloops kicked the crap out of my 5th rates, but my sloops were useless, is the AI getting bonuses on normal/normal?
    2. his 4th rate was faster and turned better than my sloop
    3. enemy units don't rout even when below 20% of strength, but mine have routed from a few losses (me France)
    4. arty still very accurate on first salvo, I thought it wasn't suppose to be?

Libertus

Default Re: ship hull strength and ship speed...

Thought of this last night, might be a bug: I has crossed the T on the enemy ships so he tacked to come along side, but this meant he had to go to full sail so I loaded chain, as soon as I clicked on chain shot he lowered sails and turned back facing the wind, switch to ball and he lowers sails and turns down wind, switch back to chain and repeat. To confirm I did this over an over at least 10 times and each time he would drop sail. Some keen eyed sailors. Also I fired 3 broadsides of grape shot while close along side and only killed a single guy.

I play on VH campaign AI, to make the enemy economically capable and aggressive, and I use medium battle AI, precisely because naval battle are off kilter on any setting above. On H or VH, Enemy ships continually hit and do more damage then your ships even if just locked on broadside.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Cato is correct,
    play naval battles on medium difficulty as on harder level the ai ships get more hit points on hulls and are more accurate with guns.